[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
they were best bros... spade should have shown up to his funeral
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
they were best bros... spade should have shown up to his funeral
>>
>>71296596
Chris Farley was just the Kevin James of his generation. Loud, obnoxious and unfunny. Once again, it takes dying for people to suddenly become "fans" and say they were better than they really were.
>>
>>71297085
he was funnier than James. (period)

I would know, I was there. James is unfunny though, I'll give you that.
>>
i wouldn't have gone to my best friends funeral. too weird seeing your buddy in a box
>>
Gay
>>
>>71297155
Especially if it's open casket
The fuck? Why do they do that?
It's disgusting as fuck and the last thing I want is the memory of seeing my beloved dead and stuffed while everybody lines up to see them like an exhibition at a museum
>>
File: 1459928332337.png (197 KB, 434x314) Image search: [Google]
1459928332337.png
197 KB, 434x314
>>71297262
I can tell you as someone who lost two very close people in his life (Grandfather who was like my best friend and mentor and one of my best friends from middle school-high school) it's a surreal and weird experience.

You're just looking at a corpse now and unfortunately they look completely unlike themselves no matter how good the funeral home is.

The only I could say after looking at my friend is basically "jesus christ.." under my breath. You get nothing out of it other than knowing how fragile and brutal life really is behind all of our daily resource allocation activities.
>>
>>71297262
But how will you make your peace?!
>>
>>71298356
yeah it's fucking shit
>>
File: Spade and Farley - Oscars.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Spade and Farley - Oscars.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>71296596

You're projecting. They were coworkers at best. Spade barely tolerated Farley.
>>
>>71297262

Because modern western society has done a very good job of making death disappear, and you need to toughen up a bit. You need to look at it, because it will continue to be necessary to deal with the deaths of others, for as long as we live. And if you're adjusting properly, it will make you appreciate what you do have in life.

People, real human beings, and someday you and me, just flat out drop dead for whatever reason, whether it's an eight-ball or looking at your phone while crossing the street. Seeing the body is a tangible way of starting a closure process, obtaining knowledge, albeit this is of course incredibly difficult most of the time, which is why Spade didn't go. Spade, like us, is a product of a modern west that can't fucking process death. Family members are brought in to positively ID bodies all the time.

I would push this just one step further since I'm on a role. In terms of cultural practices, once you're past the physiological stuff like eating and pooping, but the "non-mandatory" cultural practices: there are very, very few cultural practices that all, every last of of them - save that one goofy stupid outlier which just proves my rule - there are very few cultural practices that absolutely every chunk of humanity does. Burial is one of those practices. You have to remember who it is that died, and dispatch the body in a respectful way. That's the thing that all humans do. Western society "minimizes" this at its peril, the peril of pussification, of not being able to fucking deal. Spade had this problem.
>>
>>71298401
its an old tradition from before things like camera and transportation were common. for some an open casket was the first and last time seeing a family member. theres no need for it now
>>
>>71298506
Farley pissed off Spade because a Victoria Secret model Spade was going after ending up friend-zoneing Spade because she became Farley's girlfriend.

Yes, Chris Farley fucked a Victora Secret model, and he didn't have to to pay her to fuck him.
>>
>>71298526
Id rather find closure spreading my friend's ashes in the sea or turning him into a tree
And honestly, burying the dead is a waste of space and cemeteries are ugly
Why not keep the mausoleum?
>>
>>71298682

>didn't have to pay her

No, just take her to movie premiers and parties, pay rent for an expensive and perfectly decorated loft, drop thousands on drugs and alcohol for her and her friends.

But at least she wasn't a whore.
>>
>>71298774
You pay for someone in any relationship, you dont think about it like some bitter virgin, you do it because having a girlfriend is enjoyable. You should try it sometime.
>>
>>71298890
>giving your money away to pay for some vapid whore's bullshit is enjoyable

lol
>>
>>71298774
easy there buddy. some people might start to think you are bitter over women troubles
>>
>>71298890
>>71298942

Easy there buddy, keep saying bitter over and over again and people will catch on to your obvious samefag bait.
>>
>>71299029
This is why you can't get any, you can't even tell when someone is samefagging or not. no woman wants a man like that
>>
>>71298729

These are fine points. By "burial" I mean all of it-funeral pyre, Viking, Ashes, put in the ground, Trebuchet, etc. I'm including cremation, not pooh-poohing it.

But even when cremation happens, the next of kin have to see the body and deal with it, and start executing the estate, such as it is. Someone Who Cared, Has To See the body, even if it's not a funeral.
>>
>>71298506

>Rosie O'Donnell and Jodie Foster host the oscars
>>
remember when David Spade's personal assistant woke him up with a stun gun and Spade fought him off with a shot gun he had hid under his belt

http://garciahilton.com/david-spade-remembers-infamous-david-skippy-malloy-attack-on-howard-stern/
>>
>>71296596
Spade said it was too hard.
>>
>>71300675
You, me and the rest of the world knows he was high that day.
>>
>>71299401
>sleeping with a shotgun under your bed
do americans really do this?
>>
>>71301052
>no bed gun
do you even know what freedom is?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.