[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remakes better than the original
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10
>>
>remake

delete this
>>
>>71294769
Ok, you start
>>
File: KARATE-articleLarge.jpg (234 KB, 600x331) Image search: [Google]
KARATE-articleLarge.jpg
234 KB, 600x331
>>71294901

Already did but sure I'll go again.
>>
File: image5561175545338348348.jpg (75 KB, 655x497) Image search: [Google]
image5561175545338348348.jpg
75 KB, 655x497
also Dawn of the Dead
>>
>>71295070
Hell yeah to both
>>
>>71294769
>remake
>>
>>71294814
>>71295289

it is tho and it's so much better. I'd think otherwise if thunderdome wasn't so bad.
>>
>>71295585
You clearly don't know what a remake is.
Let me give you some hints
-same time
-re-write
>>
>>71295643

it is a rewrite
>>
>>71295732
It didn't retcon the original and is set after, how is that a re-write. Point things out or BTFO
>>
>>71295585
It's a a bit if a reboot and is similar to Mad Max 2 but not a remake at all. They even gave it a subtitke
>>
>>71295070
>Dawn of Dead
>liking fast zombies
>>
>>71294769
But the Road Warrior is still the best Mad Max movie

also
>remake
>>
>>71295766
>>71295782

It is a reboot tho. How can you even argue its anything but?

They just want to keep Max's backstory a mystery for the time being cause its better that way.
>>
Film school grad here, Fury Road is honestly the best film of the decade.
>>
cant belive these faggots rail against Ghostbusters but love the shit out of Fury Road... ANOTHER FEMINIZED REMAKE
>>
>>71296316
>How can you even argue its anything but
Because it simply isn't one. Are you seriously that mentally impaired?
It doesn't "restart" ANYTHING.
>>
>>71295963
Im sorry my friend but that is not a criticism but opinion
>>
>>71296458

it's like you didn't even watch the movies. Just stfu and stop sperging out fag, you obviously don't know what your talking about.
>>
>>71296721
Nice rebuttal you got there, faggot.
Care to back it up with some arguments?
>>
File: FrightNight2011Poster.jpg (57 KB, 290x426) Image search: [Google]
FrightNight2011Poster.jpg
57 KB, 290x426
You know it's true
>>
>>71296758

The original max had a BABY SON. That died as a baby. New Max gets flashbacks of a little girl, which is neither a baby or a son. Faggot.
>>
These trolls used to be good. When is summer over?
>>
>>71296801
naw, son
>>
>>71296316
THE BACKSTORY IS THE MOVIES MAD MAX 1-3
>>
File: Imogen-Poots-picture.jpg (70 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
Imogen-Poots-picture.jpg
70 KB, 1000x666
>>71296801
>Imogen Poots
yeah, its better
>>
http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_events_(rebooted_franchise)
>>
>>71297027
28weeksfu
>>
File: file.png (481 KB, 480x711) Image search: [Google]
file.png
481 KB, 480x711
no bullying plz
>>
http://letterboxd.com/ymir_from_venus/list/good-remakes/
>>
>>71296458
It restarted the Mad Max franchise. It's an entirely new cast and Max is the only returning character.
>>
>>71297064
>Max is the only returning character.
Like literally every other Mad Max movie
>>
File: chris-hemsworth-body.jpg (33 KB, 395x454) Image search: [Google]
chris-hemsworth-body.jpg
33 KB, 395x454
>>71297055
I doubt it'll be better but straya man will save it somewhat
>>
>>71296502
It is a criticism because fast zombies are terrible. Fuck Snyder for popularizing them.
>>
>>71297136
>it is a criticism
>because fast zombies are terrible
do you know what an opinion is?
>>
>>71297064
It's evident you haven't watched the original trilogy.
>>
>>71297119
>"girl power" movie
>all critics will say Chris steals the show
>>
>>71296316
The comics, which are canon, explain how Mad gets another Interceptor after losing his first in Mad Max 2.
>>
>>71297136
You know modern zombies are based off Rabies instead of voodoo magic???
>>
>>71296801
GOAT cast. Why is Farrell always either amazing or total trash? It's like he has two modes.
>>
>>71297231

What does that have to do with the remake?
>>
>>71294769

"Written and directed by George Miller, the same Australian who brought all three Mad Max films to the screen (the first one 36 years ago), making a star out of a young Mel Gibson, “Fury Road” is not a remake but instead a new chapter in the franchise"
>>
>>71297109
>>71297166
Yeah, I watched them two fucking decades ago, I don't exactly remember all the details.
Anyway, this guy >>71297033 pointed out that you fags are objectively wrong anyway, so eat dick.
>>
>>71297238
Rabbis?
I always knew this religion had some issues.
>>
>>71297355
How does that timeline in any way make what I said incorrect? All I said is that you haven't watched the original trilogy, which you haven't. Max being the only character to return isn't exactly a minor detail, you literal sperging mongoloid.
>>
>>71297346
>George Miller says it's a reboot
>makes an entirely new timeline where the world ends in the 2000's instead of the 80's
>Says it's not the same Max
>It's not a reboot! It's a continuation of the same story!
What more do you people need?
>>
>>71296935
... And he also sees a black guy. Yet Max was married to a woman.

But because he sees a child it must be the same one he avenged ~20 years ago, and totally not a kid he met / adopted / actually fathered in the interim.

God this thread has triggered me so hard
>>
>>71297480
[citation needed]
>>
>>71297330
The comics are set before Fury Road. One focuses on Joe, one on Furiosa, and one focuses on Max, who replaces the Interceptor he lost in The Road Warrior.

The Road Warrior happened in the Fury Road timeline.
Mad Max and Beyond Thunderdome happened in the same timeline as Road Warrior.

Fury Road happened in the same timeline as the first three Mad Max films.
Fury Road is a sequel, and not a reboot.

If you still can't follow go drink some bleach to clear your mind.
>>
>>71295070
Also Starwars Episode 7(4)
>>
>>71296935
It's a kid Max saved who was killed by raiders
>>
>>71297477
>How does that timeline in any way make what I said incorrect?
"Eventually, due to changes, the original, direct 'sequel' approach by McCarthy and MIller was abandoned and reworked as a reboot with an altered timeline and backstory to distance Fury Road from the original trilogy"
"Miller explained that it was simply easier for him to abandon the continuity of the original trilogy"
"Miller's explanation that it's a new Max"
So we've got a new character, a new timeline, it's not a continuation of the previous movies, and it's explicitly called a reboot. Sounds like a sequel to me!
>All I said is that you haven't watched the original trilogy, which you haven't.
Yes I did, at my buddy's house when I was a kid. I also thought Jurassic Park's sequels were good and Warheads were the best candy. Years and age skew perception. Who knew?
>Max being the only character to return isn't exactly a minor detail
Because children care so much about casting.
>you literal sperging mongoloid
This isn't even a good insult, you theoretical aspie troglodyte, you carnivorous sultan of swing, you ostentatious accretion disk, you sultry sickly scallion.
>>
>>71297518

Max is not a hero. He's a drifter, he doesn't get attached, adopt, or "father". He helps out until the problem is dealt with then moves on. The only think he would have a flashback that would affect him this much is anything pre-apocalypse.

Jesus it's not that hard to see that this is a reboot even though George is still sitting on the fence with it. You're too autistic dude.
>>
>>71297480
>article posted in thread and cited multiple times
>citation needed
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>71294769
you should kill yourself for even watching this let alone liking it

leave the board
>>
>>71297845
Nothing in the Wiki article has anything to do with my comment. Plus none of the characters returning has anything to do with casting so I don't know what the fuck your point there is.

Thanks for trying so hard though, babe.
>>
>>71296347
Commit sudoku
>>
>George Miller says it's a reboot
>Tom Hardy comes out and says that it's a reboot
>we aren't supposed to believe the director and the star of the movie
For fuck's sake, if you google "is fury road a sequel or a reboot", the only hit on the first page arguing "sequel" is redit. But sure, let's take their word for it instead of the people who actually made the movie.
>>
File: 1380206821863.jpg (20 KB, 239x258) Image search: [Google]
1380206821863.jpg
20 KB, 239x258
>>71294769
>remake
>>
>>71297656
Don't bother, this guy is just memeing.
>>
>>71297656

I've never read the comics so I'm just gonna assume you're making a mistake cause Fury Road is a reboot. Good job spinning the story though with something not /tv/ related.
>>
>>71297918
It's a flashback of a girl from the comics. Her name is Glory. She and her mother die, but Max gets his Interceptor back. He buries them and takes off, this is set immediately before Fury Road (the spiky guys, the Buzzards, are the ones that kill her), and is still fresh in Max's mind.

If you'd looked into Miller's intentions for the film you'd know he contemplated flashbacks to tell this story but decided against it, so you kind of need the flavour text of the comics to know this.

And to suggest that Max doesn't care at all is to say he'll never redeem himself or rejoin society, which isn't Miller's intent. Even in Road Warrior you could tell he felt the urge to help but ignored it in favour of self preservation until he had no other option.
>>
>>71298032
>nothing in the article explicitly stating this movie is a reboot and not a sequel has anything to do with me saying its a sequel and not a reboot.
Sure thing, bae. Unless you're still arguing that I never saw the originals. I really don't care, darl. The only thing I care about here is retards who, for whatever reason, can't wrap their heads around the fact that this movie is a reboot, hon.
Love you too, plunder bunny.
>>
>>71298412
Congrats on finally figuring out what I was saying, guy who's clearly upset enough to keep replying in the same style I am.
>>
>>71298267
>ignoring canon material so you can stick to your argument
Okay I can't beat you there, by your own criteria you're totally correct. Well argued anon.
>>
Chandler is so much more likable.
>>
>>71298578
until you see him have hissy fits about politics
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDtIZZiySgA
>>
>>71298142
You're late to the party mate.
captcha: muebles MAX descuento
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.