[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
can someone please explain his motivation? I seriously didn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
can someone please explain his motivation? I seriously didn't get it.
>>
>>71288602
He saw Superman as a False God and he daddy used to abuse him
>>
>>71288602
I'll explain it.
You see, some folks are born, made to wave the flag, oh they are red white and blue!
And when the band plays "Hail to the Chief", oh they point cannons at you, Lord!
But it ain't me, it ain't me, i'm no senator's son.
It ain't me, it ain't me, i'm not the fortunate son.
>>
>>71288646
k

((((( not canon ))))))
>>
>>71288602
Pathological hatred of Superman because of his godlike power and the way people worshipped him.

The real why is why try and get Batman to fight him? Why didn't he just set off on a plan to kill Superman himself? Was it all just a distraction so he could do his other stuff or did he really want Batman to be the one to do it?
>>
>>71288602
he went bald
>>
>>71288646
>>71288646
/thread

Daily reminder that if you didn't 'get' BvS, you're mentally handicapped.
>>
Imagine you spend your entire life building up an unstoppable empire, having politicians LITERALLY eating out of your hand and having more than enough power and influence as to topple entire countries if you wanted. You'd be the world's most powerful man.

But then imagine someone suddenly appears who's impossibly strong, impossibly durable, and has no allegiances to anything. And if he wanted you, he could kill you in a fraction of a second, if he so deemed it. Suddenly, you're not just vulnerable - you're pathetic. All of the money and power in the world won't stop him. He's literally a man competing with god.

>Lex Luthor: [giving speech] Books are knowledge and knowledge is power, and I am... no. Um, no. What am I? What was I saying? The bittersweet pain among men is having knowledge with no power because... because that is *paradoxical* and, um... thank you for coming.
>>
File: bvs.jpg (63 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
bvs.jpg
63 KB, 500x500
>>71288602
People saw Superman as this God-figure, and Lex hated that because his own experiences showed him that nobody is perfect, let alone worthy of worship. As Superman's flaws became more and more apparent, Lex grew more and more confident that he was doing the right thing. This bumbling faggot in a cape was flying around playing God while the world trembled before him, but the world is only supposed to tremble before people like Lex, or so Luthor thought.

He wanted to out these people for what they were: overpowered idiots with God complexes, and he makes this clear with the rooftop scene. "They need to see the fraud you are." and "The all-mighty comes clean about how dirty he is when it counts." illustrate that he is fed up with meta-humans hijacking his culture and his people, his slaves.

Creating Doomsday was insurance that he could kill Superman, and I also think that Darkseid's manipulation played a role here as well.

I think once he accessed that ship, his motivations became mixed with Darkseid's and that's why he ends up doing what he does.
>>
>>71288602

he wanted to kill superman, so instead of just doing it himself he tried to trick batman into doing it, even though batman already wanted to do it, and then release a giant monster he couldnt control and tried to kill him in case he failed
>>
I don't get it
when this reddit trash flick was announced and this character
wasn't he supposed to be some sort of ""hipster"" skin head covered in tattoos?

he was just an asspie
>>
>>71288602
He hated Superman's status and power. Also, he was trying to use Mother Boxes to get more power for himself, but ended up under the control of them and the evil aliens behind them. Lex was trying to use Batman, the aliens were using Lex to pave the way for invasion.

The movie is still shit because it didn't make any of that very clear.
>>
web download version out yet?
>>
Can someone explain Batman's motivation for wanting to go as far as to kill Superman. I get why he would hate/be wary of him but wanting to kill him doesnt make sense to me
>>
>>71288602
Watch this interview. It explains everything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-diYSVmQCE
>>
>>71288700
I legit spit water all over my monitor you son of a bitch
>>
>>71288700
HOLY SHIT
Did the fortunate son song inspire Snyder to make this movie?

>oh they are red white and blue!
GENIUS
>>
>>71288735
Why do something yourself if you can convince somebody else to do it. Typical Jewish mindset
>>
>>71290019
for fuck sake you people are seriously dumb.

No wonder you hate the movie: you can't fucking understand anything of it at all!

Go back to Marvel
>>
>>71288602
Jewberg was a great villain fuck anyone who says otherwise.
>>
Lex is a greedy, covetous son of a bitch. He sees other people as either pawns or in possession of things he wants, and that definitely includes Superman.

If you have something he wants, he'll try to figure out what it is that will really push your buttons and then he'll hammer away at them until you break. Once you're ready to give him what he wants, he knows he has you. It's only then that Lex drops the metaphors and lies and speaks the bald truth. Then he's only just too happy to tell you what he wants - what specific thing, Zod's remains, access to the scoutship, an import license for kryptonite(oops!), the Batman's head.

When Lex finally makes a demand of you, he expects you to deliver. Just don't expect him to ever tell you why he wants it. To him, if you're incapable of seeing the bigger picture on your own, that's just further proof to him that you're not operating on his level.

Only the audience sees all of the things that Lex demands, and we're the only ones who can see how all the pieces fit together. What Lex really wanted was his own alien menace to fight, a reason for him to pressure his government contacts into helping him put together the other metahumans he'd found to either stop Doomsday or bring in a fugitive Superman. He even planned on marketing his "Justice League." You could tell from their commercialized logos. He'd have probably had a toy line for them in a couple of years.

But first, he needed Clark to bring him Bruce's head.
>>
Luthor's motivation kept changing like The Joker kept changing his origin story in TDK.
>>
>>71290112

Ad hominem

Strawman

I'm a DC fan
>>
This guy looks jewish. Can anyone confirm??
>>
>>71290532
>Eisenberg

I don't know, I'll have to check with my sources
>>
>>71290050
Jesse Eisenberg is a legend.

Good interview
>>
>>71290462
It's pretty explicitly stated even in the theatrical version. Superman is like a bomb that can go off without warning. Batman thinks killing Superman will prevent the end of the world.
>>
>>71288646
this
>>
>>71290461
nope
>>
moo

manofsteelanswers.com/lex-luthor-explained/
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.