[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of the Chronicles of Riddick? That reverse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 256x144) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 256x144
What does /tv/ think of the Chronicles of Riddick? That reverse trap in the first movie was a Qt.
>>
It does some pretty great world building. I enjoyed it for what it was.
>>
>>71286884
stupid but fun
>>
The necromongers were cool and the worldbuilding was pretty decent.

>I'm going to kill you with my teacup
>>
>>71286884
hated the shoes of the bad guys
>>
My favorite one is the most hated: Chronicles of Riddick

I just like it a lot.

I'm about to watch his Last Witch Hunter movie, just so I can enjoy his D&D vid he did using that role as his D&D character.
>>
>>71287116
>just so I can enjoy his D&D vid he did using that role as his D&D character.

Sauce?
>>
>>71287169
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLEMb_RIZ3o

I haven't watched it yet, I want to watch the movie first.
>>
>>71287169
It's well known that Vin is a D&D nerd
>>
>I thought you were some slick. shit. killa

Good stuff
>>
>>71287116
it's actually not bad if you like that sort of thing
>>
>>71286884
It sucks that three parts of the Riddick mythos are split between two videogames and a short anime film.
>>
>>71287206
Yes yes, but I haven't actually seen him play
>>
>>71286884
Great games, trash movies.
>>
File: 146725347245.jpg (226 KB, 1920x800) Image search: [Google]
146725347245.jpg
226 KB, 1920x800
>>71286884
Considering they were trying to build a major sci-fi universe on a shoe-string budget, they did pretty well.

Definately one of the more imaginative science fiction 'epics' that has been made.

Necromongers were cool and the action was solid. Really liked Karl Urban too.
>>
underverse trilogy part 2 fucking when?
>>
>>71286884
so many cool concepts kinda let down by somewhat shoddy almost everything else
>>
>>71286884

directors cut was a vast improvement for both 2 and 3.

Closest thing we'll ever get to Dune.
>>
I rewatched pitch black last night and it was as good as I remembered but vins one liners made my soul hurt a bit.

It had just the right amount of action and was mostly suspense/dialogue and chronicles was just like starcraft + bullshit
>>
Games are absolutely kino, good job, Vin.
>>
>>71286884
I don't really remember the films but I had the Riddick double game disc on XBox and it was great.
>>
I loved the costumes they really did a lot of work for how little a budget they had
>>
>>71287116

Same. It's definitely the most interesting movie in the franchise. Unfortunately retconned in the third one, immediately.

I'm playing Escape From Butcher Bay right now, it's pretty fucking good. But I expected no less from Starbreeze. They made The Darkness which solidified them as good developers in my book.

Also Last Witch Hunter is great. Lots of fun, goofy schlock but highly entertain. Vin is awesome in it. I saw it in theaters, was considering watching it again. It's better than it had any right to be.
>>
>>71287857
How is it ''retconned''? CoR still happened didn't it?
>>
vin diesel is a faggot but for some reason i liked him in these movies. can't explain it
>>
I aint seen the new one still, but yeah id hope somebody redeems Chronicles. Fuck ur cartoon manga vidya shiite.
>>
>>71287116
chronicles is for true patricions

>pitch black 7/10
>chronicles 9/10
>Riddick 4/10
>>
>>71287935

He thinks its retconned because Riddick isn't the king anymore, even though its explained and shown why this is.
>>
Absolutely solid, in fact I'm rewatching it tonight.

Theres something about that universe I love.

I would happily get excited about another one , as long as it was in a Chronicles of Riddick style plot and not a Pitch Black/Riddick style plot.
>>
>>71288186
good job spelling words so good, and stuff yeah?
>>
>>71288186
You can't proclaim your subjection. That's not how opinions work. You might as well give yourself your own nickname while you're at it.
>>
>>71287935
>>71288214
>two minute throwaway scene giving us a hamfisted reason why he leaves the throne
>now he's back to the same character he was in the first movie
>his past and the plot of the second movie are not touched upon again at all, they just retread pitch black

it's like it never happened
>>
>>71287198
>they gave Vin the throne to sit in

Jesus, I wanted to sit in on this so bad my dick hurts.
>>
>>71288752
Except for, you know, the part about it did happen.
>>
>>71287198
>Jessica Chobot

Stopped video, closed tab, turned off computer, set my house on fire.
>>
>>71286884
It was the perfect bad-space-opera. It was cheesy but not distractingly so. The world felt developed without having lore being shoved down the audience's throat. It took a nice tour of environments without feeling spread out and managed to keep some of the grungy feel from Pitch Black.

Personally I think Riddick as Space-Conan is probably the best version of the character. The gritty killer Riddick from PB could only stay interesting for so long before he ether looses his mystique or becomes tiresome bland shit. Having him be a high-flying, amoral, slayer of space curs allows him to spout as many one-liners and pull off all the riddickulous shit we want him to without outstretching Vin's abilities or breaking the new tone of the movies.
>>
>>71288635
its objectively true
>>
File: Riddick Dahl.jpg (83 KB, 600x773) Image search: [Google]
Riddick Dahl.jpg
83 KB, 600x773
>>71286884
>When I break outta these chains [...] I'm going to be balls deep in Dahl. But only because she asks me to, all sweet like.

How did they get away with it?
>>
>>71287198
>mfw i want some friends to play D&D with
>>
>>71289062
>Space-Conan

This. This is what Riddick is.
>>
>>71288919
>have no idea who she is
>guess it's the girl with the purple hair
>it is
>she decides halfway through her bio to yell
welp.jpg
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.