[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone recommend me some good Spanish TV shows to watch
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5
File: spanish_logo.gif (19 KB, 513x163) Image search: [Google]
spanish_logo.gif
19 KB, 513x163
Can someone recommend me some good Spanish TV shows to watch with English subtitles? I'm trying to improve my Spanish.
>>
>>71279067
the weather channel
>>
>>71279067
I heard the one about Pablo Escobar was good, I think it's called El Patron Del Mal or something like that.
>>
>>71279099
okay i'll look it up thanks

>>71279084
tried, got too distracted by ass
>>
please dont watch Spaniard shit, you'll talk like a lisping fag

regardless,
Pans Labyrinth

check out int's wiki, they have an extensive list
I also recommend watching some of your favorite shows /movies dubbed, the voices will be shit but you can still get the sound of the language, and having seen it prior you'll get the jist of what is going on while trying to improve your understanding of the language and vocabulary
>>
>>71279416
This, dubbed movies are the best. You can use subtitles too, if you are having a hard time. Learned german this way.
>>
>>71279416
oh watch RRodriguez's El Mariachi
>>
>>71279067
Un chico se enamora de una chica.

Incapaz de confesar sus sentimientos, obtiene con un deus ex machina el número de teléfono de la chica. Sin importarle mucho el extraño prefijo la llama imediatamente y descubre con gran emoción que ella tambien se ha enamorado de él.

Pero, al dia siguiente, cuando habla con la chica sobre la confesión, ella sólo lo mira con extrañeza. Después de investigar un poco, descubre que la chica a la que llamó no es la misma de la que estaba enamorado. De hecho, no hay ni rastro de ella en su universo. Ella es una versión alternativa en un universo paralelo que en realidad esta enamorada de la VA del protagonista, aunque este ignora sus sentimientos.

Se dan malentendidos y cómicas situaciones cuando los dos acuerdan intercambiarse sus secretos más oscuros y privados, para dotar al otro con las armas necesarias para conquistar el corazón de sus versiones alternativas. Mientras ambos persiguen a su persona amada, la situación se vuelve DRÁMATICA cuando se dan cuenta de que en realidad se estan enamorando el uno del otro y empiezan a questionarse la NATURALEZA del AMOR.
>>
>series de televisión
>en español
>buenas

No hay. Ahórratelo.
>>
>>71279067
Crematorio
>>
>>71279730
what about novelas?
I like to watch some soapy shit every once in a while
>>
>>71279533
BORREN ESTO
>>
Bretty gud 2bh
>>
>>71279416
>please, don't watch the only good material in Spanish

GTFO, panchito
>>
Is Club de Cuervos good?
My little brother likes it, but Netflix says Ill hate it
>>
>>71280042
Don't get me started...

They're all the same, and you'll most certainly end learning south-american spanish, which isn't serious at all.
>>
I've heard Narcos is a pretty good Spanglish show.
>>
Whatever you do, don't watch South America shows. You'll end speaking like a beaner. That form of spanish is terrible.
I think good spanish shows from last years are Vis a Vis (OITNB ripoff), Gran Hotel (Downtown Abbey ripoff) or Bajo Sospecha (Broadchurch ripoff).
>>
>>71280218
the main character's accent if so fucking horrible though
>>
>>71280214
>Thinking that the spaniard accent is better than the south americans
Tbh that accent is better than Chile's
>>
>>71280270
If you're learning Spanish is easier to understand non spaniard accents.
>>
>>71280214
what about period dramas?
which Spanish accent is best? I really do hate Spaniard spanish

>>71280270
I tried watching Gran Hotel but I didnt like it
>>
>>71280270
What about Velvet? I never watched that but I heard it is alright.
>>
>>71280342
Mexican or Colombian are the better ones. But look for the accent of guinea ecuatorial, is awesome.
>>
>>71280324
Yeah, but you won't be learning words used outside those countries.
>>71280297
It's a fact that castillian is the one and only true spanish accent.
>>71280342
Castillian is the accent that'll get you places. Period dramas are ok but they tend to use really old expressions, that we don't use anymore. Just watch "spaniard" novelas.
>>
Narcos
>>
>>71280381
What? Off course there's going to be different words, but is the same language. And maybe the castillan accent is the "original" but that doesn't mean that is the best.
>>
>>71280342
>>71280324
Like there is just one Spanish accent in Spain, you cucks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZjKGGvMDt8
>>
>>71280434
No, I mean that you'll learn words used only by "cowboys", and farmers, and such. Words you're not going to use like EVER.
>>
>>71279416
Spain is the only place where they speak proper spanish though.
>>
bean language is the qt-est
>>
>>71279067
One of the best fictions made in Spain is "Crematorio". It talks about the criminal links of the guys that made milliones by building stuff in the Mediterranean coast. Spain's crisis is in a big part due to the building bubble, so it's interesting to see how it worked.
>>
>>71280278
he's fucking brazilian.

He's great in Tropa de Elite though. GOAT film about huehuehuehue
>>
>>71280481
I know, he's really trying, but the accent really irks us spaniards
>>
>>71280450
That's true, but is a way of improving your listening despite the vocabulary not being that useful. Off course he can go to /int/ and practice there.
>>
>>71280513
I know. It's just... we use that kind of accent and expressions in Spain to mock those "rly srs" relationship problems our friends tell us that turn out to be fucking nothing, so we just can't take those telenovelas (nor their accent) seriously anymore.
>>
Check out "El Ministerio del Tiempo". It's basically our Doctor Who.
>>
going with Castillian then
is this a good example, Spanish sounds normal and the th sound is almost not there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm4HbI7pZ6g
>>
>>71280619
Yeah, he's from one of the birthplaces of castillian, so it's the purest form of spanish. That's the accent you want to get used to and learn.
>>
File: 1458575260118.png (327 KB, 395x424) Image search: [Google]
1458575260118.png
327 KB, 395x424
>>71279067

>learning the ugliest sounding language to come out of mainland Europe
>>
>>71280619
The th sound only happens with c/z, not in every sentence like some people would have you believe.
>>
>>71279067
Watch Vicent Finch, funny webseries.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9dy1uAImRc
>>
>>71280680
dumb Trumpposter
>>
La risa en vacaciones is top tier spic kino
>>
Film studen here.
If you want to see something in spanish, watch
"The Spirit of the beehive" It's one of the best movies of all time.
>>
>>71280614

Isn't that new show, "Timeless" basically a remake of El Ministerio del Tiempo?
>>
>>71280767
Any Víctor Erice is gr8 desu

El Sur is goat too.
>>
>>71280783
That's exactly what it is.
>>
>>71279067
>recommend me some good Spanish TV shows to watch
>good

They don't exist, trust me. There is sports but other than that.. nothing
It's all schlock
>>
>>71280783
Well, the US has adapted Los misterios de Laura Lebrel, so could be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB6quESMN5o

Also, I've heard Carlos, rey emperador and Isabel are popular in the US and Latin America.
>>
>>71280857
Yeah those are good TV shows too
>>
>>71280874
What about Olmos y Robles, lel? Does that exist anymore?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xLYn2joUrg
>>
>>71281059
It's ok, fun at times, because the main actor is a comedian and it shows, but a pretty classic Sherlock Holmes kind of TV show. There's only 1 season as it just came out.
>>
>>71280832
Tú sí que eres schlock. Probablemente no seas ni español.
>>
>>71279067

There are few really good TV Shows made in Spain, but you could try "Crematorio", "Velvet", "Isabel" or "El Ministerio del Tiempo". Decent enough I guess.

As for movies, you could try with things like Amenábar's "Tésis" (his first, and arguably best movie), Almodóvar's "La Piel que Habito" and "Volver", Guillermo Del Toro's "El Laberinto del fauno", Trueba's "Belle Epoque", Mario Camus' "La Colmena", Álex De La Iglesia's "El Día de la Bestia" and Berlanga's "Bienvenido, Míster Marshall", to name a few.
>>
File: crematorio-5.jpg (130 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
crematorio-5.jpg
130 KB, 600x456
>>71279067
Not sure if you will be able to find subtitles for all but...
>Crematorio
About corruption in the Mediterranean coast. Highly recommended.
>Isabel
History and drama. Some bits are slow but good overall.
>El Ministerio del Tiempo
Fun, that's all. Time travels, adventure and comedy.
>La Huella del crimen
Historic crimes of Spain.
>Carlos. Rey Emperador.
Made by the same guys that Isabel, same idea.
>>
>>71281452
Forgot to say that with the exception of Crematorio all of them are in the RTVE webpage for free with spanish subtitles.
>>
>>71281452
>>71281293

Muchas gracias. I'll give those a shot. Crematorio first it looks really interesting.
>>
>>71279533
FINDO A HUE!
>>
>>71281452
Víctor Ros was also good. Maybe too Sherlock Homes-esque but different enough to be its own thing.
>>
Lucía y el sexo

You can wank too. Sexy movie
>>
spanish series are pretty bad imo not a singles good one.
On the other hand you have a lot of good filmmakers which are pretty great, I would recommend:
Luis Buñuel
Carlos Saura
Victor Erice
Berlanga
Almodovar
Amenabar

etc.
>>
>>71279533
Stop posting Keit-ai because it's already an anime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcVGDV67L-g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_rz1bluG_k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLUjMWRCzic
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.