[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>DCucks complain for YEARS about how Tim Burton's Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: Batman-Joker.jpg (44 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Joker.jpg
44 KB, 600x750
>DCucks complain for YEARS about how Tim Burton's Batman kills people
>"REEEEEEEEEEEEEE I HATE THOSE BURTON MOVIES! THEY DON'T STAY TRUE TO THE CHARACTER!"

>Bat of Manslaughter does nothing but kill people in BvS
>"W-well that's o-okay b-because t-they d-don't have to s-stick to the source m-material! brava snyder!"

Explain yourself you hypocritical DCucks
>>
>>71278564
both the Burton movies and Snyder's are fucking gutter trash

Nolan is the only person to ever make a competent Batman film.

Keaton was a fucking manlet.
>>
>>71278564
Marvel didn't release a similar movie in the same time frame that did better, so they didn't pretend to like that one as damage control.
>>
>>71278564
Because the batman in BvS is based off of The Dark Knight Returns batman, who is so far gone past giving a flying fuck due to various traumatic events (robin's death for one) that he just kills people.

I dont even fucking like batman and I know this shit
>>
>>71279950
4U
>>
>>71280064
And Burton's Batman is mostly based on the original comics where he killed a bunch of people and laugh about it. Some shots of Batman 89 are 100% like the comics panels from these old comics.
>>
>>71279950
At least there are some smart people in this board
>>71280064
People always say shit like this but Batman doesn't kill anyone in Dark Knight returns
>>
>>71280188

http://gothamalleys.blogspot.ca/2011/08/comic-book-references-in-movies-part-i.html

http://gothamalleys.blogspot.ca/2011/08/comic-book-references-in-movies-part-ii.html
>>
>>71280249
>People always say shit like this but Batman doesn't kill anyone in Dark Knight returns

This. He's an edgy fuck who beat people for te hell of it and uses guns, but he's not a murderer.
>>
>>71280331
>beat people for te hell of it and uses guns,
does he ?
I remember a scene where he shows a shotgun and say something like
'This is a cowards weapon and clumsy'
>>
>>71280414
He fires a machine gun.
>>
>>71280414
>>71280446
http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2016/04/06/movie-legends-revealed-did-batman-actually-kill-anyone-in-the-dark-knight-returns/
>>
>>71280461
>“I would say that in the Frank Miller comic book that I reference, he kills all the time. There’s a scene from the graphic novel where he busts through a wall, takes the guy’s machine gun… I took that little vignette from a scene in ‘The Dark Knight Returns, ‘and at the end of that, he shoots the guy right between the eyes with the machine gun. One shot. Of course, I went to the gas tank, and all of the guys I work with were like, ‘You’ve gotta shoot him in the head’ because they’re all comic book dorks, and I was like, ‘I’m not gonna be the guy that does that!’”

>he shoots the guy right between the eyes with the machine gun. One shot.

>Snyder references a famous sequence in the second issue, “Dark Knight Triumphant,” in which Batman attacks a couple of thugs who have taken a little kid hostage. Batman does, indeed, shoot one of them, but there’s definitely no head shot. In fact, it seems pretty clear he doesn’t actually kill the thug

tfw Snyder is too stupid to even read a fucking comics properly
>>
>>71280558
There's also the fact that Batman's inner monologue TELLS US that he has never killed anyone, even if he feels like he should and wants to.
>>
>>71280558
I'm surprised Snyder didn't talk about the time Superman broke Lex Luthor's neck that time Luthor was mind controlling Wonder Woman ;)
>>
>>71280599
>Trusting Batman's inner monologue
The dude be crazy
>>
>>71280653
Less crazy than Snyder though.
>>
>>71280681
>Snyder's only writing/directorial/producing combo gig was Sucker Punch

Let that sink in. The movie he had the most influence over is Sucker Punch.
>>
>>71280558
>>71280599
>>71280331
He does murder Joker though.

Took him long enough to work up the nerve for that.
>>
Do you guys think Snyder is mad at himself for being outdone by Nolan?
You can call Nolan a hack, but he did actually a pretty good job with the first 2 Batman movies. The third not so much but it's still watchable.
>>
>dc fans generally like the burton movies with some objections
>dc fans spend years shitting on MoS and now months lamenting bvs
>anyone who defends it is apparently a dc fan
ok
>>
>>71280742
You're an idiot. The Joker killed himself and framed Batman. Fuck you, learn2read or take some memory courses or whatever.
>>
>>71280742
>in the third issue, “Hunt the Dark Knight,” when Batman and The Joker have their final confrontation. In the end, Batman can’t bring himself to kill his arch-nemesis. The Joker even mocks him over it and then seals Batman’s fate in the view of the public by twisting his own spine, killing himself in such a way that makes it look as if the Dark Knight did it.
>>
>>71280760
I think Snyder did a good job with Watchmen. And too a lesser degree Man of Steel, which I still liked. Batman V Superman is a trainwreck though.

I have to give it to Nolan because Begins & Dark Knight are superb. Still think Watchmen and Man of Steel are good in their own right though.
>>
Has Burton ever commented on the Nolan films?
>>
>>71280842
idk, but you shouldn't trust what Burton SAYS. He said he didn't read any batman, and yet his movies have shot for shot recreations of comic book panels in them.
>>
>>71280895
Well he could have used them as reference from the DC archives, that didn't mean he actually read them
>>
>>71280722
It makes perfect sense.
>>
File: burtonbatman.jpg (303 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
burtonbatman.jpg
303 KB, 960x1280
>>71280895
>>
>>71280842
Burton said he wished he could make a movie as dark as TDK, but it just couldn't be done in the 90s.
>>
>>71278564
They're obviously just being contrarians. Critics and audiences liked Burton's Batman, so the DCucks shit on it. Critics and audiences blasted BvS, so the DCucks dub it kino and hail Hack Snyder as a true auteur.
>>
>>71280895
Years after the film's release, Tim Burton got into an argument regarding the film's accuracy to the comic books with actor/writer/director Kevin Smith during a phone conversation for the Jay and Silent Bob show. In it Burton admitted to having not been a major comic book fan before taking on the directorial duties of the film, prompting Smith to half jokingly insult "Well I guess that explains Batman!" Smith later apologized to Burton for the remark as Burton meant to also mention the reason behind this was due to childhood dyslexia which made it very difficult for him to read comic books as a child. Though he did occasionally look at the images and became enamored with the iconography of the Batman and Joker mythology, It was Alan Moore's The killing Joke which helped him understand the mythology the most, Burton often said of the story that "it was the only comic book he never felt was hindered reading due to his dyslexia."
>>
>>71280970
Batman '89 was actually pretty dark for time period.
>>
>>71281017
>for the time period
Yes. However it can't hold a candle to anything made after 00. It still has those goofy 90s undertones.
>>
>>71280963
He also said in an interview that he never read any comic book. The guy does the same shit as Stephen King when he talks to journalists. If he doesn't like the person, he says thing that is the opposite of something he said elsewhere.
>>
>>71281051
If I remember correctly it was one of the last films to use a large set where all the cities and buildings were made for the movie. Now days movies like TDK trilogy do live location shooting for a more realistic effect that wasn't practical back then. It adds to the atmosphere, but it does seem somewhat cartoony.
>>
>>71281051
>for the time period
can you read?
>>
File: kevinsmithburton.jpg (151 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
kevinsmithburton.jpg
151 KB, 640x960
>>71281055
I always heard it told as him being catty towards Kevin Smith for jokingly accusing Burton of plagiarizing Smith's work with the of Planet of the Apes.
>>
>>71281009
He also said that he never read Batman comics to another interviewer. Anyway, Burton likes to say things like that. Like saying he doesn't like musicals when he made Sweney Todd when he actually does like them and was involved in the musical theatre industry because of HBC.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.