[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best movie of the century hands down.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (17 KB, 220x326) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17 KB, 220x326
Best movie of the century hands down.
>>
Pretty good tbqh

Did you get it was about the taylorization of social interaction?
>>
>taylorization of social interaction

did you learn this in some college class? what does it mean?
>>
>>71275638
I thought it was pretty underwhelming. Not bad, but I expected more from Kaufman.
>>
>>71275638
This movie had absolutely no marketing, that's why it bombed at the boxoffice
>>
>>71276566
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_management

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service_economy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_alienation
>>
>>71276566
no. the terms are separate i just put them together to express the essence of the film

mc experiences disassociation because he literally wrote the book on how best to exploit peoples need for each other as social creatures to make money, but now he can't tell the difference between what's a genuine human interaction and what's not because he sees the self serving nature of all interaction

lisa is the anomaly for him but he gets over it when she gets the self confidence not to hate herself since her hero gave her the dick and he realises that even if she were geniune she's still pretty shitty and his standards fell just because he was starved for authenticity. she is shy because she puts other people before herself and so to him her kindness was a genuine sort of interaction

from this perspective we are able to get a look at the way society is developing, although of course it's not actually being painted as a negative thing since the mc himself is a narcissistic loser
>>
>>71275638
white people problems the movie
>>
it made me want to be less of a piece afterwards for about three hours
>>
>>71278954
Care to explain?
>>
>>71275638
do puppets really bone in this?
>>
>>71279722
yes
>>
>>71279323
It's secretly about the white mans burden.
>>
>>71275638
Pretentious garbage. In its,themes its basically "Midnight Cowboys" covered with a "2deep4u" veneer.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.