[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
reminder if you think this was a thumbs up you are an actual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: the bird.jpg (156 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the bird.jpg
156 KB, 1920x1080
reminder if you think this was a thumbs up you are an actual child that cant into context clues
>>
>>71273618
But they've confirmed that it was in fact a thumbs up
>>
I'll bite, what's the context OP.
>>
>>71273691
>finn has just told bb8 hes not resistance and is making shit up.
>finn begs bb8 to not rat him out and go with his plan.
>bb8s mad but realizes this is his only way to the resistance
>bb8 tells rey everythings ok
>finn smiles and gives him a thumbs up
>bb8 flips him the bird because he doesnt like him since hes a sneak and forced him into this predicament
>>
>>71273691
He's saying the robot is flipping the black guy off. The bird.
>>
OP is autistic.
>>
>>71273796
t. 14 year old
>>
>>71273824
Yeah, you're mad, autist.
>>
>>71273830
:^)
>>
>>71273754
This.
>>
>>71273899
Nice samefag, autismo. At least you got dubs.
>>
It was a thumbs up. BB did what Finn asked him to do.
>>
>>71273691
Robot giving nigger the finger
>>
>>71274179
bb doesnt like finn, it was the finger
>>
>>71273754
It's a double entendre. It looks like a thumbs up to Rey and children in the audience, and for someone mature enough to read between the lines BB8 is giving Finn the finger.

And of course Disney would say it's a thumbs up. Spelling out the joke would ruin it and also make it inaccessible to children, potentially upsetting parents.

I can't actually remember if Rey saw the thumbs up though, so that might be wrong, but I thought it was clearly two different things for two different audiences, similar to Ren and Stumpy, Adventure Time, etc that has a wide demographic.
>>
File: 1284858697502.jpg (5 KB, 200x216) Image search: [Google]
1284858697502.jpg
5 KB, 200x216
>>71273754

Bullshit.

>no reaction from Finn indicating dismay
>no further plot indications that BB-8 is annoyed or suspicious of Finn
>>
>>71275248
rey was facing away so yes its a double entendre. what im saying is if you cant understand whats actually happening in this scene you deserve to be ding dong bannud
>>
>>71275444
i must check your trips but youre wrong.

finn is portrayed as an idiot, he continually does stupid shit like when he tells han theyll use the force to fix their problem. also hes a coward.

>no further implications

its a jj abrams flick you really think hed follow that?
>>
>>71275467
I agree. How it could be missed is beyond me.
>>
>>71273618
Reminder that if you spend time applying adult-level analysis to fantasy movies for children you literally need to move out of your mother's basement.
>>
>>71275514
>finn is portrayed as an idiot, he continually does stupid shit like when he tells han theyll use the force to fix their problem. also hes a coward.

Incorrect. He's desperate and making desperate mistakes (that's from within the plot context and his character arc, not SJW sympathy, btw). He's not a coward, either...saving Poe was clearly a risky, death-defying move.

It was just a thumbs up, but to be perfectly candid, BB-8 was a fool to trust him...he could've been a First Order agent.

BB-8 has very child-like naivete, indicated later by how he reveres R2-D2 as a sort of father-figure and mentor.
>>
>>71275962
go watch it again. bb8 makes "angry" beeps when finn confesses to him. bb8 doesnt like his fuccboi shit
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.