[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did this shit receive so much praise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Boyhood.jpg (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
Boyhood.jpg
1 MB, 1366x768
Why did this shit receive so much praise?
>>
>>71272098
Idk man. But it was boring as shit that's for sure . Literally didn't give a fuck about anyone in the movie either. Could only get halfway through before I gave up.
>>
IT TOOK 12 YEARS TO MAKE
>>
T W E L V E Y E A R S
W
E
L
V
E
Y
E
A
R
S
>>
>>71272098

Because for reason that boy has lips I want around my dick.
>>
>>71272635
>>71272704
If I was filmed from age 6 to 20 it'd take 14 years to make.
>>
Main character was boring when he hit teens.
>>
Linklater understands exactly what it's like to be in that awkward stage where you're growing up; that to be a kid is to have things be completely out of your control and be a passenger to your own life; to be a teenager is more than just angst and rebellion, it's trying to make the most of your youth when you don't know how to do it.

Because Linklater understands how the more you grow up, the more adult conversations start to make a scary amount of sense, and the more you start to have them yourself; it's a pretty heartbreaking thing to continue to grow up and see just how flawed your parents are.

Because Linklater understands that the little moments count more than anything else. Camping with dad. Small conversations you have with family and friends. That ride home you get after a good long night with friends. Lying in the grass and staring to the skies - the future is a scary prospect but that's okay.

Because Ellar Coltrane starts off as a pretty good child actor and only manages to get better as Mason gets older and emotions get more complex. Everyone in this film gives a stellar performance, especially Patricia Arquette as a mother trying to hold it all together.

Everyone who sees this film will say they saw part of themselves in the film, and also hopefully get the point because all this rambling with all these "becauses" still hasn't done anything to really get at the heart of the film and they never will.

Only subhuman /v/ posters hate this film.
>>
>>71272098
Idk, Harry Potter did the same thing, but extended to 8 movies and with fantasy added in.
>>
YOU SEE A CHILD GROW UP ON SCREEN

TWELVE YEARS
>>
File: boyhooddarkroom.jpg (37 KB, 646x452) Image search: [Google]
boyhooddarkroom.jpg
37 KB, 646x452
>What do you want to be Mason? What do you want to do?

This scene gave me so many haunting feels. All the memories that were buried in the subconscious of teachers talking to me about harnessing talent and working hard.

Why the fuck didn't I listen?

I just thought one day life would just happen for me.
>>
>>71273499

At least you had talent.
>>
>>71272098
Literally white people problems the movie. His girlfriend even gets fucked by Chad because he didn't want to compete with him.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.