[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm about to watch this. Is it kino?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: As_Above,_So_Below_Poster.jpg (18 KB, 251x397) Image search: [Google]
As_Above,_So_Below_Poster.jpg
18 KB, 251x397
I'm about to watch this. Is it kino?
>>
>>71269883
I really wanted this to be at least watchable because it's title is a reference to the hermetic tradition but it had nothing to do with it.
>>
First 80% is solid 10/10. Ending fifth is kinda garbage. At the very least, you'll love the first half
>>
it's nice and flashy but a bit too Disney, ending is too happy and not properly earned. Also best qt dies too early
>>
Most of it is decent, but the whole upside down shit was retarded and the ending was so laughably bad that I can't recommend anybody watch it ever. The guy from Frank was good in it though
>>
>>71269956
It kind of does. At first it goes a bit Indiana Jones by her thinking the Philosopher's Stone is an object to be found, when in Hermeticism it can pretty much only be found within.

Then she eventually realizes, that's exactly what it is.

I just really wish they explored more of the whole "Catacombs are a gateway to Hell" thing though. I mean, that's a thought that could really inspire some good horror.

This wasn't really horror though. It was a very adventure/psychological sort of film.
>>
It's not that bad tbqh, most of the movie is good, ending is okay
>>
I wanted actual scenes of hell.
Instead I got The Descent 2spooky edition.

Also the end... What? Is it an alternate world? Hell? How do you climb down a manhole and arrive in the ground of an upside down world that is suddenly the right way around.
>>
>Dead thread

Fuck you all then
>>
>>71271454
and what exactly did you contribute to the conversation? Nothing. Absolutely nothing.
>>
>>71269883

No. It's got interestign ideas but it doesn't develop the characters enough and there's some weird stuff in there that seems like it's going to be a big plot point later in the movie but it goes nowhere and is just confusing.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.