[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7
File: lucas.jpg (32 KB, 506x486) Image search: [Google]
lucas.jpg
32 KB, 506x486
>>
File: 1464565535953.png (65 KB, 136x191) Image search: [Google]
1464565535953.png
65 KB, 136x191
No
>>
Im sorry i watched your movies as a kid
>>
File: jarjar.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
jarjar.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
>>71268858
you first, faggot
>>
I'm sorry that Disney gave the first movie of their new series to JarJar Abrams and that I paid actual real money to see it. The entire experience was insulting to both you and my wallet. At least you had the decency to use good cinematography, which I consider to be the equivalent of bringing flowers on a date.
>>
>>71268858
You saying he needs to apologize, or...?
>>
he caused this
>>
File: BTS-lucas.jpg (169 KB, 1042x487) Image search: [Google]
BTS-lucas.jpg
169 KB, 1042x487
>>71268881
>>
File: lucas rest.png (98 KB, 188x329) Image search: [Google]
lucas rest.png
98 KB, 188x329
>>71268858
goodnight sweet prince
>>
The prequels were really bad, but TFA was worse. The only good Star Wars were the original and MAYBE Empire.
>>
>>71269424
fucking pottery
>>
File: 1450679798745.jpg (349 KB, 900x470) Image search: [Google]
1450679798745.jpg
349 KB, 900x470
>>71270134
>but TFA was worse
It really wasn't though.
>>
>>71268858
Fuck you, you fat shit. You ruined my childhood.
>>
>>71270134
>TFA was worse
Hahahaha, no.
>>
>>71270321
This. TFA wasn't as good as the originals and it was made by a committee, but it was solid and fun, despite being forgettable. Better than the prequels George made.
>>
the force awakens was fucking good you contrarian hipster faggots
>>
>>71270392
Honestly the worse thing a movie can be is forgettable. I think there's a lot wrong with the prequels, but also some things that are very interesting that make me wish the rest of the movie lived up to the quality of its the high points.

I don't remember liking anything in TFA.
>>
>>71270548
>Honestly the worse thing a movie can be is forgettable.
Which the prequels absolutely are. There are no memorable scenes, there are no characters. It's just space shit sort of kind of happening for some reason and you have to sit there and endure. Endure, because it said "Star Wars" at some point.
Other than being a contrarian little shit and getting colorful replies, there is no reason why those movies would get people talking.
>>
>>71270669
>There are no memorable scenes, there are no characters.
Then where are all these memes coming from?
>>
>>71270778
From how broken and awkward the dialogue is. Shit, most of the prequel memes come from the Making Of videos and Lucas interviews, not from the movies themselves.
For such dense movies, there's really nothing of note to talk about.
>>
Daily reminder that this is the last thing George made when he was in charge of Star Wars and thought it would reinvigorate the franchise so he finished 38 episodes before Disney canned it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMVrMP8us6Q
>>
>>71270821
Obviously the memes are all poking fun at the bad parts of the movies, but they are parts of the movie people remember, which is my point. Speaking of which:

>there's really nothing of note to talk about
I'd say there's been plenty of discussion about the prequels over the years. The Plinkett reviews being the most famous.
>>
>>71270669
>no memorable scenes in the prequels

I admit the prequels weren't great, but each movie had parts that were memorable and better done than anything in TFA, such as darth maul fight at the end of TPM, Kamino in clone wars, and all the memes in RotS. TFA played it safe which is why it gets shit on so much, deservedly so. It was bland and uninspired.
>>
I found this podcast that actually helped me appreciate the prequels. It's called "The Franchise". If you can get past them jerking off about star wars in the first episode they actually have some pretty good thoughts about it all.
>>
>>71270977
>such as darth maul fight at the end of TPM
Having awful fight choreography isn't something to brag about. Also having no emotional impact.
The whole scene is them waving colored lights at you like a fucking cat.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.