[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a reliable way to find good movies? imdb? rotten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
What's a reliable way to find good movies?
imdb? rotten tomatoes? going through the list of palme d'or winners?
>>
File: joy.gif (919 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
joy.gif
919 KB, 400x224
Read a fucking book, OP.
That's going to be the best way to find films to watch.

Other than that, I suggest looking up some 'video essays' on Youtube, it's pretty popular right now. That and review shows that aren't a 'weekly this just came out' thing. (I really like Welcome to the Basement.)
Not only will you hear about the specific movie, but it's the references to and talks of other movies that's really gonnna send you in the right direction, turn you onto something.
>>
>>71266859
>I suggest looking up some 'video essays' on Youtube, it's pretty popular right now. That and review shows
This. Seconded. I really recommend Red Letter Media, but you should also check out Your Movie Sucks.
>>
>>71266954
>Your Movie Sucks
If you're a fucking faggot. I was thinking more like NerdWriter, CinemaTyler, or ChannelChristwell. Cinefix is good when it does it's 'Top Whatever' but the rest is shit.

What really shines is Every Frame a Painting.
>>
>>71267028
>Every Frame a Painting
/tv/ approved YouTuber, upvoted ;)
You should really give YMS a chance, it is
essential /tv/ viewing.
>>
>>71266859
I don't have too much time though. On weekends I just want to pick a few good movies to watch and be done with, but I waste more time trying to find the right ones so I don't risk being disappointed and feeling like I wasted that time watching a shitty film.
>>
>>71266794
just go here http://yts.ag nowhere else
>>
>>71267384
>How do I find good movies?
>Look it up
>I don't have time to look it up
Then fuck off, OP
>>
>>71267467
>>How do I find good movies?
>watch a bunch of youtube channels/read a bunch of books about movie-making
>>
>>71267499
What's the alternative? Google 'gud movies'?
That's what you're doing now and as you've said, you just waste time looking through shit.

That's how you fucking do it.
>>
>>71266794

http://www.theyshootpictures.com/gf1000.htm
>>
>>71267384
Spend all of your time posting on /tv/, watch whatever you see recommended here. It's what I do.
>>
>>71267662
This.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.