[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there ever be a Marvel movie with a well written villain?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: iron-man-villains.jpg (224 KB, 656x350) Image search: [Google]
iron-man-villains.jpg
224 KB, 656x350
Will there ever be a Marvel movie with a well written villain?
>>
No. Why?
Do you get the idea that people care?
>>
>>71266654
There was. The Dude was the best villain.
>>
>>71266654
If the MCU gets Doom. Norman Osborn has potential.
>>
>>71266654
At least evil Jeff Bridges was fun.
>>
No, but Kingpin on Daredevil tv show was well written.
>>
>>71266654
Red Skull, Obadiah Stane and Abomination.
>>
File: laughing psycho.jpg (70 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
laughing psycho.jpg
70 KB, 519x600
>OP didn't take the Marvel brand opiates they give you with each ticket
>he actually sat through these movies sober
>>
>>71266654

It is always about power. It will always be about power.

Take your sympathetic badguy bullshit and get the fuck out.
>>
>>71266809

If you consider beta and autistic as well written I got some news for you
>>
>Marvel finally did a villain who wasn't after power with Zemo (though still after revenge)
>Hundreds of idiots on /tv/ posted "HURR WHY DID HE KILL THE WINTER SOLDIERS INSTEAD OF USING THEM TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD?! WHAT A PLOT HOLE!"
>>
>>71266911
He was surrounded by players way above his paygrade. He brought nothing to the whole syndicate other than his brains and he still was the leader. It made perfect sense for him to tread lightly in their presence, unless someone truly pissed him off like the Russians.
>>
>>71266654
what a shitty forgetable movie ironman 3
the whole franchise desu, but i even remember thor 2 better
>>
>>71266654
If you make the villain likeable or sympathetic then less kids will buy the heroes toys.
>>
>>71266925
yea
but literally why didn't he try to kill any of the avengers?

>inb4 he knew he couldn't
>he understands hes a character in a movie and thus can't kill the heroes
>>
>>71266654
God why did they give Guy Pearce those fucking tattoos

Stane was pretty good at least
>>
>>71266654
Power is a good motivator.
>>
>>71266654
Wilson Fisk
>>
File: 1466726868239.jpg (310 KB, 1600x1198) Image search: [Google]
1466726868239.jpg
310 KB, 1600x1198
never , marvel fails on so many lvl's.
>>
A BOX OF SCRAPS

IN A CAVE
>>
>>71267545

>inb4 he knew he couldn't

Close. He knew he couldn't kill ALL of them. Given everything they've survived thus far, I don't blame him for not being confident in his ability to do so. He simply lacked the means, and far more powerful beings with far better resources have tried and failed before him.

So you might ask, why didn't he just kill those he thought he could kill, like Hawkeye, Black Widow, and possibly Cap himself? Well, because that would mean the remaining Avengers would rally. Their bonds would be strengthened by the loss of a comrade and friend. The Avengers would be down one or more members, but those remaining members would be united. The whole point was to cause the Avengers to collapse. If he had killed any one of them with his own two hands, he would have failed in his objective.
>>
>>71266654
No, because the comics are not well written.
>>
>>71266856
Agree with the first two, but replace Abomination with Loki.
>>
File: ricky g.gif (67 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
ricky g.gif
67 KB, 480x270
>>71267854
every time
>>
File: image.png (819 KB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
819 KB, 1136x640
No.
>>
>>71266654
fuck you, Obadiah was the GOAT Marvel villain

the rest are shit though, I hope they do Kraven on one of the new Spider Man movies
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.