[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just came out of the kino to see The Conjuring 2. I wasn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
I just came out of the kino to see The Conjuring 2.
I wasn't convinced right away, because a lot of stereotypical horror tropes were used, but by the end the film was effective as hell. Compared to most other modern day horror movies, this is a gem.
There's hardly any blood and gore, which is nice because it's starting to get a bit boring.
Yes, there are a lot of way too loud sound effects, undermining true suspense and subtle scares and the resolution was kind of simple, yet well thought out.
The performances are mostly top notch. Patrick Wilson is sincere and quirky, Vera Farminga was great, she came through in the emotional department. I nearly cringed a couple if times when it seemed too cheesy, but that might be just my cynicism. Madison Wolfe delivered an extremely convincing performance as Janet Hodgingson, and I thought her performance was flawless, We're gonna hear more about this girl.

Is good horror finally coming back?
The following, babadook, the witch and sinister (that just scared the shit out of my pants).
I hope this trend continues.

Did you see it? What did you think?
>>
>>71265653
I thought it was shit and when the old faggot ghost was talking through the girl i was just laffin.

I r8 this """"film"""" a light to decent 4/10
>>
The crooked man was a poor addition. It's like they thought of an idea for a other ghost, then fabricated a flimsy reason to put him in there.
They should've focused on the religious angle and spent just a little more time expanding on the demon itself and it'a motivations.
>>
>>71266477
I thought Crooked Man was spooky af

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TYbZoHJaSg

imo this movie is better than the first one but it isn't as scary, had better atmosphere and cinematography though
>>
File: duckchild.jpg (76 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
duckchild.jpg
76 KB, 500x464
>>71265653
>way too loud sound effects, undermining true suspense

this is why all you horror purists are a bunch of uneducated idiots. a film achieves emotional delivery through more than just the visual medium.

the conjuring 2 was wild. really oppressive atmosphere in the UK scenes. the movie had one overly corny scene near the end. if you don't care for ghost-world-type stuff ala insidious you'll probably hate it. the very introduction was amazing.
>>
>>71266563
>a film achieves emotional delivery through more than just the visual medium.
of course, the music was great.

But the sound effects actually made it less scary, and more shocking, for me personally. I like it when a scare is subtle, almost a detail.

I like how you think anon.
>>
>>71266538
the crooked man was spooky because he was being played by the demon. He wanted to to get the fuck out.
>>
>>71266538
Demon nun was spookier.
Crooked man didn't fit into the film.
>>
>>71266695
Sorry, i meant the old man.
>>
>>71266729
But his last appearance was awesome. sick fx.
I was literally like: WOW!

he fit in it as the demon used him to scare them even more, and they need people to be scared, it feeds them.
>>
The shot composition and dolly-less tracking was incredible. Glad to see all these directors realizing more goes into making a film.
>>
File: adogsbollocks.jpg (127 KB, 640x432) Image search: [Google]
adogsbollocks.jpg
127 KB, 640x432
>>71266382
0/10 bait

even is you're being honest, its still bait.
>>
>>71266477
i have a theory that the demon wanted Ed dead, so she could have her.
>>
>>71267154
have him i mean
>>
>>71266729
he only had like two short appearances and as this anon said >>71266836 the second appearance was pretty cool
>>
>>71265653

The whole scene with the painting of the nun was fucking incredible. I saw it in a packed cinema where I think 90% of the patrons were kids in their early teens and they screamed pretty much constantly.
>>
>>71267674

I found the first part of the scene online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo1NExNBSnQ
>>
the house where this movie is based is 5 minutes away from where i live.
>>
>>71265653

Good mainstream horror movie.
It's the same as the first one. Nothing really interesting happens. No tension, no unexpected twist, few good jump scares (still just good, they are working but nothing new). The ghosts look poorly up close, for me the most scary was the nun painting. Runtime of over two hours is too much for the simplicity of the movie. Trying to make the watcher worry about Ed's life is pointless after the experiences from the first movie where nobody got hurt, so it's pretty obvious everybody is getting out alive again, this makes it like safe harbor which horror shouldn't be. In the end it's still pretty well filmed ghost demon cliche horror story and i would recommend it to average joe who cant appreciate more artistically valuable, sharper or more demanding horror.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.