[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad will the sequel be?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
How bad will the sequel be?
>>
Complete shit. There's no way they will be able to top Blade Runner let alone equal it. They're just rebooting it for the same reason as Star Wars. To get money from nostalgia fags.
>>
It'll probably look way too sterile. We'll see. At least this doesn't have Disney and a young-skewed audience to pander to.

Warner Bros might fuck it up though.
>>
They will never get the A E S T H E T I C S right.
>>
>>71262812
Idris Elba/10
>>
I'm glad a new team is working on it seeing how ridley scott hasn't made anything above a 7/10 in the last 10 years
>>
>>71262812
Please don't make a sequel.
>>
>>71262812

>How bad will the sequel be?

Irrelevant, I'll never watch it, ever.

Just like I'll never Watch Indy 4 or the upcoming Indy 5.
>>
>>71262812

Do you like CGI? Pristine and shiny CGI? Endless Pristine and shiny CGI? Do you like be wrenched out of the movie by C-fucking-GI every 10 seconds?

Do you like old man Harrison Ford limping around and his barely audible mumbling so much so they have to have microphones surgically attached to his vocal cords to actually hear what he's saying?

If you do, then you'll fucking love this movie.
>>
Blade Runner pioneered the cyberpunk film aesthetic, and it's been copied endlessly since then. There's no way the sequel could have the same impact.

Not to mention that 2019 is not far away, so how are they gonna reconcile the real-world absence of a Blade Runner urban aesthetic without making some Terminator: Genisys-like time travel asspull retcons?

The sequel will also inevitably look better and slicker, to its detriment. Faster shots, faster action, CGI everywhere. Not the gritty, moderately-paced atmosphere of the original.

At least the studio should be able to find someone to compose a fitting, Vangelis-like 80s synth soundtrack, thanks to the revival of such music over the past few years.
>>
>>71262812
I expect it to be somewhat interesting from time to time, something its predecessor miserably failed at.
>>
>>71262812
As bad as the original
Gonna look nice tho
>>
>>71263682
Trent Reznor or Cliff Martinez would be great
>>
File: 1466780625847.jpg (20 KB, 284x285) Image search: [Google]
1466780625847.jpg
20 KB, 284x285
It'll be god teir in terms of sequels.

>ryan gosling
>Denis Villeneuve
>Harrison Ford
>hot replicant babes
>original blade runner writers
>>
File: comfy dog.jpg (864 KB, 1280x1707) Image search: [Google]
comfy dog.jpg
864 KB, 1280x1707
Never watched it, should I? Which version is the best?
>>
>>71265401
and Roger Deakins behind the camera. This gives me hope
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.