[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Its a "Columbo leaves Dog inside the car while he does
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3
File: columbo.jpg (68 KB, 250x274) Image search: [Google]
columbo.jpg
68 KB, 250x274
>Its a "Columbo leaves Dog inside the car while he does detective stuff" episode
>>
Yes, yes, well done, OP. Well done, OP.

Just one more thing
>>
>>71262102
>It's a "Columbo plants or falsifies evidence" episode
>>
>Its a "Columbo solves a murder while on vacation" episode
>>
>it's a "criminal really should have kept his fucking mouth shut" episode
>>
>It's a "Columbo knows who the murderer is as soon as he sets eyes on them, then has to spend an hour setting them up to trap them or to make them confess" episode
>>
>>71262102
Has columbo ever been beaten?
>>
>Its a "Columbo gets mistaken for a disheveled homeless man" episode
>>
>>71262329
Fuck no, he's like Parker Lewis
>>
>>71262329
The bad guy in "Columbo Tries Wolf" tricked him into thinking that a murder had been committed when it really hadn't, but then he really killed someone and Columbo got him in the end.

That's the only time I can think of.
>>
>Its a "Columbo commits a murder but because he is a privileged white male in fingers the black man instead" episode
>>
>>71262401
That kinds sucks. I think it would have been nice for him to meet his match in a sense, and have just one person he couldn't pin down despite him knowing he did it.
>>
>>71262329
Almost, there was one episode where the murderer was an arab ambassador and he couldn't touch them. Even at the end the guy straight up confessed the crime to him but Columbo couldn't do anything about it.
Luckily the prince of the country was hiding and overheard the conversation and said he'd be subject to arab justice instead. The ambassador knew that probably meant beheading so the guy renounced his immunity.
>>
>Its a "Columbo knows what's up and he's just fucking with people" episode
every single one
>>
Dog was the best character, prove me wrong faggots
>>
>Its a "Columbo teams up with Dirty Harry" episode
>>
>>71262102
Was his wife real? I don't recall we ever seeing her in the show, despite him mentioning her all the damn time. I like to think there really was a Mrs.Columbo, and he wasn't just a lonely guy obsessed with his work.
>>
> it's a 13 year long season
>>
>>71262669
They made a tv show named Mrs. Columbo in 1979, it starred Dog and there were frequent allusions to Lt. Columbo in the show.

Only ran for 13 episodes, though
>>
>>71262569
> your office was wiretapped
> your off the hook
> jk I know you did it faggot
DING DONG DING DONG DING DONG
>>
>Its a "Columbo manages to outsmart CIA episode"
>>
>>71262739
Didn't that have Captain Janeway in it?
>>
>>71262904
Yes, before the quantum lizard incident
>>
>>71262102
>It's a "Columbo has just one more thing" episode
>>
>It's a "Columbo follows the culprit around and hounds and harrases them for weeks until they finally break down and admit their guilt to avoid anymore phychological torment" episode
>>
>>71263234
>weeks
Has an episodes timeline ever taken this long? I always assumed he wraps it up in a week at the most
>>
>>71263265
It's hard to tell most of the time. Solving a complicated crime probably does take more than a week though, even for Columbo.
>>
>It's a "Peter Falk's dementia got so bad that close to his passing he did not even remember playing Columbo" episode...
>>
File: wojak crying.png (58 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
wojak crying.png
58 KB, 645x773
>>71263402
>>
>>71263444
I hope you will remember those trips when you're old, anon.
>>
>>71263234
Columbo is just a physical manifestation of their guilty conscience.
>>
>>71262329
He's often beaten. He most often uses circumstantial evidence or trickery to get confessions. It's not often that he's able to directly prove something happened. He can figure it out and he will know what happened, but he won't have the standard of evidence necessary to obtain a conviction. This is why he bumbles around and gives his suspects just enough rope with which to hang themselves. In cases where he can't prove anything, he usually sets up schemes to trick someone into confessing. For example, the episode where the Arab ambassador killed someone (the ambassador has diplomatic immunity), he got him to confess while the king was secretly listening in (saying about how badly he'd been beaten to soften the guy up). In another episode, the killer hides a gun and is gang stalked by the mob. In the end, Columbo knows he did it but can't prove it because the perp buried the gun. So, he basically gave the guy a choice - come to jail or go free but the mob will get you as revenge and he chose to go to jail instead (happily).
In the Bye Bye Sky High IQ club, the perp is really smart and he tricks the guy into giving away how he killed the other guy by pretending to not get it and also saying how smart the OTHER members of the club were (the perp's ego got the best of him).

It's hard to tell in the episodes how much Columbo knows and doesn't know, but almost everything he says sounds like it is completely insincere. He's not particularly super-intelligent (he's not Sherlock Holmes who is as intelligent as the plot requires) but he's resourceful, wiley, clever, cunning, and has a very good eye for detail.

Though, in the Bye Bye Sky High IQ episode, they do hint that he is VERY intelligent naturally on top of his detective skills.

tl;dr - yes he gets beaten; no he never is unable to solve a case
>>
>>71262669
His wife was real. In the episode that takes place on a cruise ship, the Captain, Purser, basically the entire crew see her and talk to her. There's also another point in the episode where he has a conversation over the phone with her while nobody else is around (since he's looking for her; before any murders took place). She's real but her being unseen is just a running gag.
>>
>it's a "Mrs. Columbo is a huge fan of your work" episode

I like it because it could always just be a master ruse.
>>
>>71263924
Some of my favorite episodes are the ones directed by or starring Patrick McGoohan because they seem to be the ones where Columbo does the legwork and proves where someone is and at what time, which demolishes the lie the murderer has built up.
From cider hanging in a window, to the Chinese pulling out of the Olympics to bite marks on some cheese, he might not get there swiftly but these episodes show that he can deduce and subsequently prove his theories without the bumbling facade being his only trick.
>>
>>71264694
Those are pretty good. I enjoy when the writer thinks ahead and has the murderer come up with lies that I would have thought of which lead right into a trap/contradiction Columbo sets up. Those are rare, but great.
>>
>>71262295
>eyes
try again, m8
>>
>>71265285
hearty kek
>>
I take it all you fags are watching hallmark too?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.