[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT WENT WRONG?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7
File: Red Leather Brigade.jpg (248 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
Red Leather Brigade.jpg
248 KB, 620x412
>Season 1 is capekino, objectively 9/10
>Season 1 has the one of the best villains of the entire genre

>Season 2 is objectively 7/10, good episodes, but never lives up to the season 1 hype
>Season 2 has a disappointing villain whose motivations are never fully realized
>Season 2 invests on bland romance when a better girl is literally right there
>Season 2 drops some more interesting storylines in favor of the main plot
>The best episodes are the one where the season 1 villain comes back
>>
i liked daredevil s2 just as much desu
>>
Daredevil se2 was nearly as good as the first one especially the Punisher episodes.
Flash se2 on the other hand was trash.
>>
>>71261183
Nah, it was alright.
>>
>Karen "I'm a lawyer, a journalist, a strong woman who need no education for these jobs" Page better than Elektra

lmao
>>
File: GOAT Cape Antagonists.jpg (21 KB, 569x569) Image search: [Google]
GOAT Cape Antagonists.jpg
21 KB, 569x569
Flash and Daredevil, flaws and all, are better than most cinematic capeshit. The medium is better suited to cape storytelling. No antagonist on film, save for maybe Zod comes close to these two.
>>
>>71261183
DD S2 was good until the final episode, which was retarded enough to ruin everything.
>>
>>71261224

God... i hate that woman. srsly i fucking hate her...
not even hate fuck
>>
>>71261224
Karen is the main girl, Elektra is the better option.

Same for Iris and Patty.
>>
File: Flash my work here is done.jpg (108 KB, 320x718) Image search: [Google]
Flash my work here is done.jpg
108 KB, 320x718
>>71261057
>>
>>71261244
Zod was generic garbage, put your memes aside.
>>
>>71261506
No, he had pretty sound motivation and was incredibly well acted
>>
>>71261475
God normie memes are deplorable arent they? Jesus Christ.

I'm watching DD S2 this weekend. What should I expect?
>>
>>71261057
Ninjas and shit were always apart of Daredevil, but it would have flowed well if they didn't appear.

The whole thing of them being "zombies" and Elektra was their true leader seemed tacked on and really pointless that went nowhere and just ended.
>>
>>71261406
>Patty is the better option.

You're thinking of Linda.
>>
I liked the ninjas, yea the end was underwhelming but still a good season. 2 complaints: Should have been made clear Frank mowed down the hand w minigun on rooftop, also Elektra getting stabbed because of Matt's error should have been a bigger deal or been saved for later, it was glossed over.
>>
>DD season 2
>anything punisher is good
>anything hand related ends up beig boring
Wish they saved punisher for the last.
btw is flash any good? do I need to watch other shows to get the real deal?
>>
>>71261506
>generic garbage
Still miles ahead of ultron and the rest of shits.
>>
>>71261541
>well acted

Michael Shannon, can play only one role - himself. He's exactly the same in every movie.
>>
>>71261244
I think season 3's flashpoint will have Wellsobard return due to recent changes in the current timeline.
>Eobard comes from the future to a past where he already failed as Wellsobard
>learns about his death
>learns about Harrison Wells
>is sent back to the future and is free to study this new timeline
>E2 Wells says Eobard's fate is to inevitably be erased from the timeline

Now fast-forward to Barry revisiting Wellsobard in the past.

>with Barry's return, Wellsobard learns that he will fail a second time
>it is mentioned that some points in time are fixed, such as the death of Barry's mother
>Eobard/Wellsobard comes to terms with the fact that he will have to meet his fate and be erased from the timeline
>Wellsobard helps Barry, possibly with the knowledge that he will go back to save his mother, and change the timeline entirely

and in the season finale

>Barry goes back in time and beats Eobard at the time of his mothers death
>RF jobs because it isn't his intention to kill Nora this time
>start of season 3
>gets up and reveals himself to be Wellsobard
>alternatively, just escapes, and CW stalls the reveal until the end of the season before killing Wellsobard for good.
>regular Eobard is still free to return as RF.
>>
>>71261183
t. Someone who only watches Daredevil
>>
>>71261664
>btw is flash any good?

It has it's moments. Actors are likable, and there's an ok chemistry between them most of the time. Some episodes are completely fucking retarded.
>>
CAPESHIT TV RANKINGS FROM A /CO/ FAG WHO WATCHES ALL THIS GARBAGE

Flash S1 > Arrow S2 > Daredevil S1 > Daredevil S2 > Flash S2 > Arrow S1 > Agents of SHIELD S3 > Agents of SHIELD S2 > Jessica Jones S1 > Gotham S2 > Legends of Tomorrow S1 > Arrow S3 > Gotham S1 > Agents of SHIELD S1 > Arrow S4 > Supergirl S1
>>
>>71261057
Season 2 of Daredevil is better than assholes give it credit for.
Season 2 of Flash is worse than we could have even imagined.
>>
>>71262816
I'd rate Gotham S2 a bit higher, and Supergirl S1 is better than Arrow S4, otherwise, pretty legit ranking desu
>>
>>71261057

Flash was always just mediocre. Someone praising it is a good way to spot a retard.
>>
>>71261580
Linda is cool too. Too bad she died on her way to Coast City.
>>
I tried to rewatch Flash S1 the other day and the majority of it is filler and dumb shit. I had to skip too much.
>>
>>71263089
>I tried to rewatch Flash S1 the other day and the majority of it is filler and dumb shit
100% accurate.

I still think the "good parts" are really good cape tv, but they are by far the minority of the actual season run time.
>>
>>71263089

Same. I had this nagging thought in my head while watching S2, "was S1 this terrible? Was the acting and writing this bad?" And the answer was almost.

>>71263151

Best moments in S1?
>>
>>71263183
>Best moments in S1?
Not that anon but the Reverse Flash reveals and killing Crisco and stuff were genuinely compelling /tv/
>>
>>71261057
>objectively

Using this word doesn't lend more credibility to your opinions, which inherently means you aren't being objective.

You just sound like a pretentious ass.
>>
>>71262816
It's way too hard to actually rank all of these shows, because of how buried all of the good parts are beneath all of the filler and shit.

The Best Parts of Dardevil s2 > The Best Parts of Flash s1 > The Best Parts of Daredevil s1 > The Best Parts of Jessica Jones s1 > The Best Parts of Arrow s2 > The Best Parts of Agents of SHIELD > Gotham > Legends of Tomorrow > Supergirl.
>>
>>71261183
S2 was good until you realize it has twice the filler of S1 which already had too much filler
>>
>>71263089
I disagree about season 1. Barring one or two exceptions, all episodes contributed to the plot and the characterization.

Season 2 did have a lot of filler, though. Especially when Barry lost his powers.
>>
>>71262493
what a load of shit
>>
>>71263286
>#triggered
>>
>>71263221

Everyone thinks Wells was the best part of S1. Well, I at least hope so. It's why Wells 2 is so disappointing with his stupid sub plots with his daughter. Flashpoint is either going to be the best or worst thing that could happen to the show.
>>
>>71263405
I have a feeling they are going to have wally and jesse be speedsters so it's going to be shit
>>
>>71263405
E2 Wells was fun. In less capable hands AKA The "Arrow" team they'd have milked that drama for all its worth, in the Flash we only got like two episodes of Jessie angst.
>>
>>71262493
So Michael Shannon is an intergalactic warlord on a mission to find salvation for his home planet in real life? Cool
>>
>>71261057
But the early episodes of DD s2 were one of the best ever, the ones with Punisher as the main focus. It sucked that he was neutralized in like three episodes
>>
>>71263587
but we needed more scenes of karen and foggy doing literally nothing
>>
I hate how daredevil s2 was 2 completely different stories forced together at the end. The end was also dogs but.
>>
>tfw Daredevil could be goat if they get rid of the filler
>tfw that's never going to happen

even JJ was better because it had less filler
>>
>>71263432

>Giving the two worst actors in the main cast outside Caitlin more prominent roles

Sounds like a good idea.

>>71263490
>E2 Wells was fun

At first when he was secretly collaborating with Zoom to get his daughter back, the initial distrust with the team getting used to him, and him showing he was capable of killing to accomplish his goal. After awhile interactions stagnated and he was uninteresting after getting back his daughter.
>>
>>71263657
>even JJ was better because it had less filler

No way that's insane. JJ was pretty weak, she wasn't an interesting lead, Tennant was the only thing with a pulse, and there was only one plot, the main one, besides those weird twins. So much dumb writing, laughable action which inevitably consisted of her tossing someone with 70s Wonder Woman special effects. Cage, Hellcat, Purple Man, all more compelling than Jessica. And talk about a deflating ending.
>>
>>71263738
which is saying something that it's still better than daredevil
>>
>>71261057
Flash fell
Daredevil was equal and in some cases better than S1 imo
>>
I gave zero fucks about anything elektra related.
>>
>>71263946
I gave zero fucks about anything elektra, foggy or karen related
>>
>>71263331
>The Best Parts of Jessica Jones s1 > The Best Parts of Arrow s2
Rlly?
>>
>>71263986
he's right
>>
>>71263946
Im in the minority for liking her I think. I liked her secret agent/jet setting vibe. Her and Matt pulling some sexy James Bond shit was fun.
>>
File: 1466726008802.jpg (49 KB, 544x582) Image search: [Google]
1466726008802.jpg
49 KB, 544x582
>>71264080
>that red dress scene
>>
Daredevil s2 was GOAT maybe even beyond s1, until Punisher got caught and became the law's bitch, effectively ruining his image. Didn't seem like they knew what to do with him. That one trailer, which was really hype, was misleading as fuck.

The magic ninja bullshit was the point of no return
>>
>jessica jones before iron fist or moon knight
why is this allowed?
>>
>>71261057
Daredevil S2 was basically DeKnight hijacking it so he can use it as a Punisher promo

And I'm okay with that
>>
>>71261298
This.
>>
OP is objectively a jackass
>>
>>71264442
I just read that they are coming out now with Moon Night, Punisher and Ms. Marvel show. Also some guy named Brother Voodoo that I've never heard of and Spider-Man 2099.

I wonder if Moon Night will be introduced in the Defenders. I kind of thought they were about to introduce Blade at the end of Daredevil season 2. Bring Ghost Rider to Netflix.

Pretty much after Defenders do a team-up of Moon Knight, Blade, Punisher and Ghost Rider. The Defender's rivals.
>>
iZombie, Agents of SHIELD and Gotham are all top tier shows
Berlantiverse if fucking retarded
if you like Flash/Arrow/LoT/Supergirl you have objectively shit taste
the Netflix shows are just wanna be gritty filler
>>
File: Idea.jpg (33 KB, 425x292) Image search: [Google]
Idea.jpg
33 KB, 425x292
>>71264797
what if wesley snipes as blade again
>>
>>71264917
>iZombie
>Good
it looks like shit, should I go and watch it?
>>
File: Hearts of Darkness.jpg (194 KB, 1024x650) Image search: [Google]
Hearts of Darkness.jpg
194 KB, 1024x650
>>71264921
I don't know, he was a pretty good Blade. I googled the lineup and I found this picture. I think this would make an excellent Anti-Hero answer to the Defenders. The only thing that is missing is Wolverine.
>>
>>71264957
Absolutely
waifus, great writing, funny, actual villains, smart
by far the best season finales of any capeshows
>>
>>71262493
Where did you learn to act? On a farm?
>>
>>71262520
It would be Eobard who returns. Wellsobard was a disguise to make the accelerator accident happen sooner. Flashpoint could be the actual beginning of the Flash to the first timeline before Eobard became Wells. In either case Barry undid everything, including him as a time remnant who saved his mother. The new timeline will make Barry fix the old and stop himself from saving his mom like in Flashpoint anyhow.
>>
>>71261541
His motivation was fucking stupid. He could have lived on earth and bred with humans. His purpose was to keep his race going, not genocide humans and terraform a planet he can already live on without terraforming.
>>
>>71261057
Very much yes for Daredevil.

I'm not a faggot so I can't comment on The Flash.
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.