[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was she so good at using the force, light saber fighting,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: look up there.png (804 KB, 1409x593) Image search: [Google]
look up there.png
804 KB, 1409x593
Why was she so good at using the force, light saber fighting, and shooting with zero training?
>>
Because she's a prodigy
>>
>>71258433
Because she's the true chosen one.
>>
>>71258433
Because Abraham's cut out her developing and growing as a character and her relying on her friends to make up for her weaknesses to make more time for quips, callbacks to the prequels, and tensionless action sequences.

Rey has never piloted a starship before and had to escape not-tatooine? Well fuck her getting help from an experienced pilot like Poe or maybe Finns limited experience, let's make her magically know how to fly, and not just fly but be so good she can out maneuver tie fighters whose pilots have been trained since birth to fly.

I mean that's just one example that is repeated throughout the movie. Rather than writing the plot for Rey to get help from her friends for her weaknesses or showing her grow to overcome her weaknesses they just have her do all of those things completely unexplained on her own.

She's a better shot than storm troopers on her first try. She can use the force proficiently 5 minutes after she learns she's even force sensitive. She can fucking overpower ren in the force, despite ren having been trained for years by snoke and Luke.

But if Abraham's took the time for logical character development and growth and wrote the plot for reys friends to actually be useful and help her overcome her weaknesses then how else would he have had time for quips, callbacks and pointless action sequences (like kanji club)? He has to keep the normie add ridden audiences interest some how.

I'd like to call TFA a marvel movie but even in marvel movies (at least a heroes first movie) they show him growing and developing his poets and strengths. TFA is like a shitty anime with an overpowered main character with tensionless action because they always find a way out of trouble by doing something they couldn't and you had had no idea they could do before.
>>
>>71258433
>zero training
she had plenty
>>
>>71258992
When?
>>
Not this thread again...
>>
>>71258433
because jews are shit story tellers
>>
File: 4hMh3AS.gif (181 KB, 460x340) Image search: [Google]
4hMh3AS.gif
181 KB, 460x340
>>71258433
bc white slavers
>>
anybody got more of these? I only have two including pic related
>>
>>71259689
2/2
>>
>>71258433
>Women
>LGBT
>PoC
All naturally gifted with the force.

White Males™ tried to hide this from them.
>>
>>71259455
when she was a kid before she was left on jakkuu
>>
>>71259455
When she was a bad Nausicaa knock off on a speed bike.
>>
>>71258433
Lots of midichlorians.
>>
>>71259870
Lmao, she can't even remember who was on the ship
>>
>>71259960
the force guided every thing in this movie don't you see that?
>>
>>71259992
lmao

That's how you write a compelling character

face it, teethette and boogaloo's characters are the reason that tfa is the worst star wars in history
>>
>>71258433
>Why was she so good
She wasn't though. She was a shit shot and she spent all her time trying to get away from Kylo Ren.

Her only strength was the Force.
>>
>>71259483
Rey Mary Sue #42729292992 thread
>>
>>71259992
>>71260056
I think that was bait but ya, for people who are serious that is really the only defense they can come up with for Rey. She is good at everything, despite doing most things for the first time, because the force.

At least with Luke who grew to learn how to let the force guide him, Rey just did that right away. At least with Luke he still had weaknesses and the force only served as a tool for him to excel where he was already successful, like being a pilot. But for Rey the force just made up for and erased all of her weaknesses, like making her magically turn into an expert pilot her first time flying a ship.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.