[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HH discussion thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6
File: Hardcore_Henry.jpg (92 KB, 250x370) Image search: [Google]
Hardcore_Henry.jpg
92 KB, 250x370
Well, this movie was really fucking fun.

What did you think about it?

Also Wilhelm scream @ 1:08:30

http://pastebin.com/dXPJKupx
>>
>>71254282
It looks ok, but the type of thing that would get boring in the first 20 minutes.

I could see it being good in theaters, but like Gravity and Avatar, I don't see it translating well to homes.
>>
>>71254662
I just streamed it from the link I put in the OP, not the best quality but it saved me from having to DL it.
>>
>>71254282
Should have used a camera with normal fov
>>
>>71254282
It was one of the best times I've had in a theater.

I really fucking loved it. Fight me, I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>71255432
same here
>>
>>71254282
I recently watched it and had two threads without replies lol

Fucking loved it, Sharlto Copley was hilarious, Russia was the best possible setting for it, the action was great. I only wish they would have had a better actor for the main villain but otherwise perfect movie imo.

I felt it in my underbelly twice when he jumps
>>
>>71254282
>you little pussy
>>
>>71255826
I thought Akan was great. Theatrical and goofy yet legit menacing.

>GIVES YOU AN IDEA OF A GREAT RUSSIAN PASTIME
>>
It honestly felt like the movie equivalent of a console launch title. Nothing deep or game-changing, just a basic genre exercise designed to show off what this new medium is capable of. But, at the same time, I fucking loved it. Everything about it clicked and worked in just the right ways, and the action was so much fun and so incredibly badass.
>>
>>71255876
can't really pinpoint what bothered me, his english that didn't really sound like a russian accent (was he russian? i dunno), his weird face or eyes or hair, his power was a great fit for the movie though.
>>
>>71254282
sharlto copley made this movie
>>
>>71255998
>Gotta be the gayest jacket I've ever seen
>>
>>71256014
>HEY WHERE CAN I GET A JACKET LIKE THAT
>>
>>71256116
>You gotta pull out his heart and FUCKIN' EAT IT.
>>
>>71256139
>AKAN IS A CUNT
>>
>>71256163
HEY DON'T TOUCH THAT, Big Sally is mine
*fires rocket launcher*
BIG BEN *wink*
>>
It was fucking awesome. My favorite movie of 2015. Rewatched parts of it dozens of times already.

Really sad it bombed.
>>
>>71256163
THIS IS WAR BABY
>>
>>71256286
>PROTECT THE CRIPPLE
>>
>>71254282
I thought it was really great and unique... quite original and pretty well written for what they were going for (much better than that first person sequence in DOOM). The stunts were well done, and the CGI blended well instead of that "omg millennials like it shiny so lets do that lol."

I got super sick, though... like... crazy motion sickness about halfway through. I've been on plenty of road trips and plane rides and I've never gotten that before, so it was really weird for me. I missed like 5 minutes cause I was puking in the bathroom. I had been drinking a bit, but it was definitely because of the movie. I'll probably buy it when it comes out, and I never do that. The villain needed a bit more development, but overall it was quite well and I hope it spawns more and maybe a new genre.
>>
>>71256014
>>71256116
>>71256139
>>71256163
>>71256252
>>71256286
>quoting lines from a movie like 14 year olds looking for upvotes on youtube
Thanks. At least now i know what kind of cancerous fag call this movie good. Means it's utter shit and i don't have to waste time watching that garbage.
>>
>>71255937
All the Russian accents sounded weird to me. They had someone in America dub them I'm guessing. The actors were all Russian except for Jimmy and the girl.
>>
>>71255826
>>71255937
I agree there wasn't anything I could exactly specify, but he did bother me for some reason. I'm not sure it was the actor, though. I think it was more in the direction/writing/editing. They should've done more to give us more of his personality/motivations.
>>
>>71256329
>implying what you thought was CGI wasn't practical

https://youtu.be/NEHCQELmW7E
>>
>>71256371
>Oh god forbid a movie should be fun

>God forbid a fun movie have fun quotes

Fuck off you elitist arthouse cunt
>>
>>71256371
Don't be an ass, the movie was good and the lines were hilarious. Just watch it, faggot.
>>
>>71256416
There was a little comic they didnthat went into it.

He was born in the Chernobyl explosion and his adoptive father (real parents killed in the blast/took cyanide) became a famous doctor solely because he wanted to save him.

Fucking metal if you ask me
>>
>>71256371
omg it's the fun-police! you think people quoting movies around friends do it for "upvotes"??? jesus christ get the fuck outside once and a while
>>
>>71256416
fucking hell. these guys NEED to make more movies.
>>
>>71256546
Meant for
>>71256411
>>
You know what I also loved about the movie, Henry made a lot of solid fucking decisions, smart thinking - I hate it when movies make characters do stupid shit cause they "need" it for their story but it doesn't make sense, for instance pulling out the booster of the first guy at the end and using it himself, gg Henry
>>
It was a great first movie of its kind. I watched it from my computer monitor and still thought it was a good experience
>>
>>71256680
Talking about the fat whitejacket at the end right? The dude Henry smashed into a glass table?

I thought that was pretty dope too.

Also as much as I love Queen, Don't Stop Me Now was a poor choice for the final fight. I would have used Bad Motherfucker, starting at the "Get whatcha can while you can and get 'em" part.
>>
>>71256789
yeah the white jacket dude

I disagree mate I love Queen and that song, perfect for it imo
>>
>34 replies
>12 posters
Wew
>>
>>71256789
I don't know, I can't imagine playing any other song while literally injecting adrenaline into your arteries
>>
>>71256899
AHH PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY HAVING DISCUSSIONS
>>
>>71257061
>*thumbs up* Henry
>>
EZ
>>
What's the opposite of kino?
>>
>>71257355
Dreck. This movie is dreck.
>LOL BRO, CHECK OUT THIS FILM, IT'S LIKE CRANK PUT FIRST PERSON LIKE OVERWATCH *vapes*
>>
>>71257355
>>71257510
delete these
>>
>>71257510
Well at least you're not using CoD as your reference point.

You're off by a fucking mile though.
>>
I don't watch WEB-DL's because I'm not a fucking fag. Waiting for 1080p blu-ray.
>>
>>71258027
the web-dl is perfectly 1080p don't tell me you can actually see difference?
>>
>>71258133
Difference between a 3gb WEB-DL and a 15gb blu-ray is day & night. I'm done spoiling movies for myself by watching them in shitty pleb quality.
>>
>>71258315
what huge screen are you watching them on?

you realize that 2gb X265's are the shit now right?
>>
>2.000.000 budget
>granat launcher scene looks worse than an asylum mockbuster
TOP WEW
>>
>>71259126
That grenade launcher was the one thing that really stood out.
>>
>>71259273
And i don't even know why.
Did they fix that in the BD?
>>
>>71259126
>>71259273
>>71259443

They fucked up the practical effects and didn't have the budget dodo a second take, so they tried their best to finish it in post.

They talk about it somewhere in here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n70EzGO2Lz8&feature=youtu.be
>>
>>71255937

It was a Tommy Wiseau accent
>>
>>71256416
I could tell immediately that most of it was practicals, and really liked that. People on here get mad at MUH PRACTICALS but it really is much better if you do as much as possible without CGI, at least for now... CGI has gotten exponentially better in the last 10-15 years, but it's still not quite there yet.

That vid was cool to watch, though.
>>
>>71256546
>>71256579
Agreed, that is pretty metal... I wish they would've done some like quick flashbacks or like a short vid from the past or something.

>>71256680
I could actually relate to Henry, because even though he was in these crazy as fuck situations he really did have some solid decision making throughout the movie. It wasn't like rocket scientist/time traveler type shit, but in the spur of the moment I don't think he ever did something I disagreed with.

It was like the opposite of a cheap horror flick. Instead of yelling "HE'S BEHIND YOU, YOU DUMB CUNT" or whatever the whole movie I was just like "yesssssss" and laughing at that avatar guy.
>>
>>71257510
>overwatch
Do people actually play that game? I saw the demo at Blizzcon and pretty much gave no fucks, and now here you are comparing it to this movie.
>>
>>71258315
>3gb vs 15gb
Good for you that you've got the bandwidth to spend, not even being sarcastic. Unless it's one I've already seen and really want a good high quality rip of, I usually aim for 2-4 and I've still gone over my limit every month for the last like 5 months.
>>
>>71260030
>having a bandwidth limit
>not having 100/100 unlimited
Oh, you poor boy.
>>
>>71259856
yeah I said that earlier in the thread, a rare thing in movies desu and would love to see it more

>>71260030
same

>>71260126
it's not like some of us have a fucking choice
>>
>>71260126
Ikr... I've looked into it and I don't think I can get unlimited even if I want to, it literally varies neighborhood to neighborhood.

>>71260391
I really hope that this spawns more like it. Deadpool wasn't as good, but I hope both of them make enough money that the big production companies take notice and start going more R-rated, and with HH maybe they'll play with the FPS thing more and get better at it. I'd love to see this sorta thing perfected.
>>
>>71254282
Anyone knows how big was Copley's cut from the two million budget?
>>
>>71254716
and you've seen it or what?
you make zero fucking sense.
>>
>>71254282
>What did you think about it?
It was great.
>>
File: HH_spill_theirs.jpg (4 MB, 2560x1600) Image search: [Google]
HH_spill_theirs.jpg
4 MB, 2560x1600
what do you guys think? :3
>>
>>71260615
HH bommed unfortunately, but Deadpool broke records and at least the next Wolverine will be rated R for starters, anyone know any other rated R's coming up?
>>
File: HH.png (280 KB, 737x375) Image search: [Google]
HH.png
280 KB, 737x375
Why?
>>
>>71261120
They just payed him in fookin' sweeties
>>
>>71263525
jesus, and i was shocked at the 6.9 on imdb
>>
>>71263233
Idk... HH totally bombed which kinda saddened me. They had a lot of trouble with motion sickness and I hoped they could figure that out and kind of fine tune the genre but it probably isn't gonna happen.

The absolute only reason I'm glad Deadpool did so well is because we'll see more R's. Capeshit might do well with it, and even with other stuff I remember at like 10 y/o going to R shit.... families today are vanilla as fuck.

>>71263525
>without a character worth caring about
I was entirely invested in Henry, and I'm the anon that had to leave for like 3 minutes to puke my brains out. I agree that the first person thing needs a lot of work, but they did a FANTASTIC job being the first ones out the gate. I really really hope that there are more like this, but more refined. I think this would be a great genre if it was really worked on.
>>
>>71264100
>>without a character worth caring about

Plus there was the avatar guy
>>
>>71264132
Yeah I don't even know if that critic was watching the same movie.
>>
>>71263233
HH made seven times its budget.
>>
I thought it was going to be shit and I was pleasantly surprised.
It made me go out and buy Doom.
>>
File: 1421783396546.jpg (336 KB, 1268x1695) Image search: [Google]
1421783396546.jpg
336 KB, 1268x1695
>last 20 minutes of the movie
>>
>Motion sickness

Is this a meme?
Why does everyone keep spouting it?
>>
>>71255826

My biggest problem with the villain is that I could never understand what the fuck he was saying. He sounded like Tommy Wiseau with a mouth full of marbles.
>>
>>71264288
oh damn I was just parroting, I'd apologize but I'm too lazy to look up the nrs to be sure this time lel

>>71264769
didn't bother me at all

>>71264856
I watch almost everything with english subs, I just can't accept missing anything because the actor can't articulate, but yeah you're right he just talked very weirdly
>>
>>71265056
>oh damn I was just parroting, I'd apologize but I'm too lazy to look up the nrs to be sure this time lel
Eh, it isn't really that impressive. Their box office is only around 14 millions.
The actual impressive thing is that their budget is 2 millions. 2 fucking millions for every single practical effect AND Sharlto Copley. I have no idea how they did it and what kind of film they can do with seven times the money.
>>
>>71256274
>Budget $2 million
>Box office $14.3 million
>bombed
>>
>>71265215
I think I read an interview saying Sharlto really wanted to do the movie so maybe he chose to take a smaller check
>>
This movie will be lost on a lot of people although it is kinda genius
>>
>>71256274
>>71263233
>bombed
Budget $2 million
Box office $14.3 million
>>
>>71254716
it's pretty much the other way around , lol
>using a camera made for videos str8 to youtube
>idt it will be a good watching at home
>>
>>71254282
It was fucking awesome, I want to see more movies in first person.

Like imagine a Batman movie in first person:

>Dat stalking through the air vents and picking off goons one by one with stealth take downs

>Seeing people get disarmed by batarangs in fp

>Quickly grappling away during an explosive fight and parkouring around in first person
>>
Is the shaky cam as nauseating as it looks? Not sure I could sit through a whole movie of it.
>>
At times I couldn't make out what Sharlito Copley was saying, and thats a bad thing when he's basically the one giving out huge monologues of exposition; made the plot a bit hard to follow. Also the villain was awful. I enjoyed the action scenes alot though, they were really fun and inventive.

(Did this feel like a first person Matthew Vaughn film for anyone else?)

The song and dance number in Jimmy's lair with all his avatars was pure kino too. All in all the movie was a great ride. A solid 2.5 out of 5, would watch a sequel if released.
>>
>>71268018
Yes if your brain is fucked and you're weak willed you will get motion sickness.

You little bitch. I laugh at untermencsh fools like you.

I don't get motion sickness, sea sickness, headaches, hangovers, migranes, nauseous, or dizzy, or allergies to ANYTHING.

FUCK it feels so good being so genetically fit.
>>
>>71257355
videogame trash
which this was
>>
>>71265215
I would actually prefer if the director chose to do a "classic" action movie, because he managed to pull this off with a very small budget, I'd love to see what he can do with real cameras and a real budget.

The movie was a fun ride, a bit boring at parts, really fun at others but the action scenes were brillant in the way they were filmed. You were never lost in the movements, you knew were the characters where, the beats were perfect (that going down the building is the perfect example of how to do an action scene right).
Sharlto was a great choice to carry the movie with his banter and you can see that he had fun playing his character.

I would like to see the director do a non-fps movie, cause I feel like he can only be better than 99% of the shit we have today which passes itself as "action".

I really hope this is a gateway movie for him to do greater things and not be written down to "that guy who makes movies with gopros".
>>
>>71261381

hes saying braindead action flicks like this are more enjoyable in theatres because of the large screen, high quality sound and the novelty of the experience. but the lack of substantive themes or writing makes it less enjoyable at home where action is less entertaining on a smaller screen
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.