[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's discuss how Avatar and Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: money and thats it.jpg (153 KB, 1129x834) Image search: [Google]
money and thats it.jpg
153 KB, 1129x834
Let's discuss how Avatar and Star Wars: The Force Awakens changed pop culture forever.
>>
>>71254266
You're a cuckold.
>>
>>71254266

They proved once and for all that audiences en masse are incredibly stupid and will throw money at spectacle over story, character or originality any day of the week.
>>
It's actually stunning how insignificant an impact Avatar has had since it was released and The Force Awakens in a lesser sense since it's still recent. It's been seven years and it earned 2.7 billion dollars yet I can't think of any references made to it in pop culture or any memorable quotes and scenes it imparted. The dialogue was reduced to such bare boned functionality and its characters so bland that it never really developed any kind of devoted following. Just look at how lukewarm the hype has been for announcements of its sequel. The Force Awakens has those problems as well and I don't think anyone really saw it again and again the way people did with the original trilogy except for people who were motivated to help it beat records instead of their enjoyment of the film.
>>
>>71254348
SW:TFA was mostly hype. My brother said that ESPN was talking about this shit and the hosts were fighting with light sabers to promote it.
Avatar used the 3D in a new way and this attracted people. The expensive 3D tickets inflated the box office.

Both are forgotten now. Really scary how big budget movies are disposable nowadays.
>>
>>71254266
Exactly what impact has TFA made on popular culture at all? Was there some iconic line or scene people keep quoting? No it's just a forgettable blockbuster like the rest, this goes for Avatar too though at least that movie made some strides with the technological aspects.
>>
>>71254490
>focus group
>marketing department
>producers
>political correct

You have to follow a check list if you want to make a movie nowadays.
>>
>>71254490
mm
people hate what they dont want
>>
wouldnt surprise if cams idea about avatard was to make it seem worked out but eve then it would still get paid despite being bullshit also he would have revived 3d
>>
>>71254348
if anything I'd say TFA making considerably less than Avatar proved audiences have a surprising amount of taste.
>>
lets discuss how this changed paranormal forever
>>
>>71256830
avatar is a complete shitshow son
>>
>popculture changed forever
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.