[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Deadpool w/R rating >Box office: $775.7 million X-Men: Apocalypse
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: deadpool apoc xmen.jpg (52 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
deadpool apoc xmen.jpg
52 KB, 600x400
Deadpool w/R rating
>Box office: $775.7 million

X-Men: Apocalypse w/PG-13
>Box office: $484.7 million

Why do Americas only like movies with memes now?
>>
>>71249851

Deadpool was honestly a better movie. Apocalypse wasn't bad but could have been better.
>>
>>71249851
People like and sense honesty and heart and energy. Apoc had none.
>>
>>71249851
maybe it was to much religious fgor america
>>
>>71249851
Apocalypse was max cringe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUhpCDoiUek
deadpool was funny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E04mRYAe3T8
>>
File: pretty_women_part_3_640_42.jpg (39 KB, 399x600) Image search: [Google]
pretty_women_part_3_640_42.jpg
39 KB, 399x600
>>71250084
>Apocalypse wasn't bad but could have been better.

Apo was laughably bad. I sold tickets on past movies success.
>>
>>71250239
>get angry gohan
>>
Deadpool was something new and bout a character that people wanted to see a movie of. Apocalypse is in a long line of mediocre X-men movies.
>>
I really liked all the X-Men films, but Apocalypse is just honestly bad.

>The villain has no depth and is just generally stupid, they had to make him decide not to destroy the people going against him instantly with his unbeatable powers but never explained why he didn't
>Quicksilver was pointless and felt totally shoehorned in to try and exactly reproduce an unintentionally iconic moment of the last one
>Magento gets a family, obviously to motivate him to be evil again, oh what a shock exactly that happened
>Muh holocaust. Again.
>Sansa's accent was horrible and she gave an even worse performance than in Game of Thrones which is a serious achievement
>That weird moment after the school gets destroyed where everyone acts like Mystique was their saviour when she hadn't done anything at all, and she was randomly blue for the first time for no reason
>It's like 3 hours long and 2 1/2 hours of it are setup tp an underwhelming conclusion

I felt like Apocalypse was just the worst parts of Age of Ultron and Fantastic Four (2005) put together.

I don't care if you think Deadpool was memey or whatever, at least it was an original story instead of another Big Bad guy comic book story.
>>
>>71251164
>The villain has no depth and is just generally stupid, they had to make him decide not to destroy the people going against him instantly with his unbeatable powers but never explained why he didn't
His powers weren't as unstoppable as you thought. Or else QS would've died.
>Quicksilver was pointless and felt totally shoehorned in to try and exactly reproduce an unintentionally iconic moment of the last one
They're building a series and universe here. Quicksilver is important to the ongoing Magneto plot.
>Magento gets a family, obviously to motivate him to be evil again, oh what a shock exactly that happened
>Muh holocaust. Again.
This isn't a problem. It fits with the characterization we saw in previous films
>Sansa's accent was horrible and she gave an even worse performance than in Game of Thrones which is a serious achievement
Fair enough
>That weird moment after the school gets destroyed where everyone acts like Mystique was their saviour when she hadn't done anything at all, and she was randomly blue for the first time for no reason
She's famous as fuck. She's their savior because of what she did in DoFP
>It's like 3 hours long and 2 1/2 hours of it are setup tp an underwhelming conclusion
The pace is fine, so I can't understand.

Your opinions are hot garbage. I especially love how your list of issues is largely retarded but you left out the only major and valid complaint one could raise about the film: the detour to Canada with Stryker.
>>
>>71251826
>His powers weren't as unstoppable as you thought. Or else QS would've died.
He could vaporise people with his mind and never used that power against anyone who presented a threat to him
>They're building a series and universe here. Quicksilver is important to the ongoing Magneto plot.
He's important to the ongoing plot but he wasn't important to the plot of this movie, except for the pointless explosion scene, all he did was remind us that in the last movie he mentioned that Magneto was his dad, it was never more than a reference to the last one.
>This isn't a problem. It fits with the characterization we saw in previous films
Exactly, it's a re-tread of every other Magneto appearance in every other X-Men movie. In case you didn't remember, this was the third time they went to Auschwitz. We've seen it, we remember, give him something new to do.
>She's famous as fuck. She's their savior because of what she did in DoFP
She's not done anything since then though and she had given up
>The pace is fine, so I can't understand.
>you left out the only major and valid complaint one could raise about the film: the detour to Canada with Stryker
I forgot about that bit, that was also shit and a further reason the pacing was completely off

>Your opinions are hot garbage
Same to you m8
>>
>>71252289
>He could vaporise people with his mind
No. He was sinking them into stone and he did it to Cyclops in the final battle.
>He's important to the ongoing plot but he wasn't important to the plot of this movie
Thank MCU for this. You're gonna have to get used to plot threads that are pure sequel bait.
>Exactly, it's a re-tread of every other Magneto appearance in every other X-Men movie.
Yes because the previous ones were all big attempts to humanize and convert him to good. This one was showing that he's given up and that nothing can ever redeem him.
>We've seen it, we remember, give him something new to do.
He did plenty different in DoFP and FC.
>She's not done anything since then though
It doesn't matter. They established that she's a folk hero on par with Che Guevara
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.