[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars vs. Lord of the Rings
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
The great debate

Discuss which saga is better.

>both had shitty prequels
>both have a flawless original trilogy
>>
>>71243301

The LOTR trilogy is a bit stronger overall. TT is considered the "worst" by consensus, but it's easily better than Jedi
>>
>>71243301
I would probably watch OT Star Wars rather than OT LOTR even if they're both good.
I would watch Hobbit trilogy over SW second trilogy + Force awakens anyday even if they're both terrible.
>>
Anybody that actually thinks Star Wars is better than LOTR needs to leave desu. LOTR is better on every single level.
>>
I think we can all agree that SW prequel trilogy is better than The Hobbit.
>>
>>71243301
I prefer LOTR but that is probably generational bias. I'm 26 and grew up with LOTR. SW were the movies that my dad and uncles loved, and were cool. But, then going to the theater and seeing LOTR was more of a special experience as a kid
>>
>>71243301
>both had shitty prequels

the hobbit movies don't bear the lord of the rings name, so that makes it not as bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 1920x1080
REMINDER

https://youtu.be/RPl5MeXIM8E
>>
Lord of the Rings is better but the Star Wars prequels are more entertaining than the Hobbit trilogy.
>>
i'd say lotr. i can't think of another book series which was so well translated to the big screen.
and star wars received too much rape.
>>
>>71243301
Which trilogy got more Oscars?

That is your answer there
>>
fellowship 10/10 new hope 9/10
two towers 8/10 empire 10/10
rotk 7/10 rotj 8/10
>>
>>71244612
>fellowship 6/10 new hope 10/10
>two towers 4/10 empire 9/10
>rotk 3/10 rotj 9/10
only excuse to like tlotr is if you saw it as a kid
>>
File: 1394848030781.gif (143 KB, 246x238) Image search: [Google]
1394848030781.gif
143 KB, 246x238
>>71244656
Get off my board grandpa
>>
>>71244656
only excuse to like Star wars is if you saw it as a kid
>>
>>71243354
>TT is considered the "worst" by consensus
According to who?
TT is my most favourite.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.