[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did they kill off the best character?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8
Why did they kill off the best character?
>>
>>71241703
it was inevitable
>>
But Ayra is still alive
>>
>>71241703
they should have done it sooner, ramsay is a goddamn anime character like the sand sneks
>>
Anyone else wish they had shown more of the rippin and the tearin?
>>
His plot armor wasn't good enough.
>>
He was the villain, and his conflict with the principle hero, Jon Snow, had come to head. I feel like it came to fruition in a very fitting way though. They both faced each other in open combat and were able to display the full extent of their capabilities as men and leaders.
>>
>>71241772
so jon is incompetent both tactically and politically and easily emotionally manipulated while ramsay is the better field commander and, for a psychopath, has considerable restraint who only lost due to luck?
>>
>>71241703
He was campaigning for Remain
>>
File: Anthony.png (466 KB, 676x637) Image search: [Google]
Anthony.png
466 KB, 676x637
>>71241703
Because who gives a fuck?
>>
>>71241812
Jon Snow is the chosen warrior of God put upon this earth to save the world from an ancient evil. His nobility overcomes the sleights and tricks of Ramsay, regardless of his tactical ineptitude.
>>
He should have lived
>>
>>71241812
>literally murder half your men to create a physically impossible corpse wall
>charge your cavalry headlong against a single man, have them straight up bash heads with the enemy cavalry instead of using their mobility to cut through the enemy infantry line as your pikemen and archers annihilate their pissass horsemen
You're legitimately saying he's a better commander because he had more bodies to throw at the problem. They're equally awful.
>>
>>71241967
The wall of bodies made it possible for his phalanx to surround Jon's army, as they had no way to move away from their formation.
>>
>>71241967
the battle was retarded because D&D wanted to do cool shots instead of proper tactics but yes, ramsay was still the superior commander in the battle.

>>71242046
you don't need a corpse wall to do that, that's literally what ramsays cavalry is for. as his shield and pikes advance his cavalry harries jons infantry. ramsay should also have used some skirmirshers and archers to harass jons own cavalry to neutralize them.
>>
>>71242046
They had all sorts of opportunites to escape the pincer, but because of muh TV show, they didn't take them. They stood around with their mouths open instead of moving as the men surrounded them. Wun Wun, entirely unarmored and without a giant fuckoff club, stood there as they poked him with pikes, ripping one whole man in half instead of, I don't know, throwing some of that giant pile of corpses as the most hilarious projectile in history.

Nevermind that the corpse wall is actually, factually impossible. There weren't enough men on the field to build a ten foot wall of dead men and horses, and men do not willingly die on top of each other in a straight line. You get mounds of dead like at Crecy, but not fucking walls.
>>
>>71241703
Requesting D&D pasta.
>>
He was a male mary sue who was good at everything and a tactical genius for no established reason.

It was funny as hell even in the last episode that he turns out to be an incredible archer as well simply because the dumb ass plot demanded it.
>>
>>71242106
You don't "need" a corpse wall, but a corpse wall is most certainly Ramsay's style. That's undeniable.

>>71242129
You aren't considering the psychological aspect of the battle. It's easy to think with detached logic from your position, but not so much from the perspective of Jon Snow and the Wildlings who were actually in the battle. As far as Wun Wun goes, they couldn't actually make him do anything, including equipping him with weapons. They considered themselves lucky that he even showed up to help when he did.
>>
>>71242169
He was shown to be a skilled tactician and archer from the beginning anon. He was pretty consistent from his first appearance in regards to being both a sadist and a very effective Lordly personality that could command lesser people with ease.
>>
>>71242253
I see, so Jon's men are psychologically affected by the battle, but Ramsay's cobbled together force of men who don't even like him are the perfect face of martial discipline? These men saw a creature out of myth run up on them and rip their partners in half like it was a joke, and they all kept formation. They saw as their commander killed more of them than the enemy did, and none broke formation, none ran off.

Meanwhile, there's a reason that the double envelopment very rarely succeeds historically, and that's because men just fucking run away from it. It's hard as hell to pull off, because people get kinda antsy about being boxed in like rats.
>>
File: mbAO57i.png (107 KB, 847x637) Image search: [Google]
mbAO57i.png
107 KB, 847x637
>>71242164
>>
>>71241703
Because madness has had its day.
>>
>>71242354
Yes, Ramsay disciplined his men and made them subservient to his will like his hounds. Controlling people, even while pushing them to their own deaths, was his gift in life. It's what he excelled at. Jon Snow and his army were intimidated by the uniform march of Ramsay's phalanx and failed to move against it while they were forming up. They were all clearly caught up in a chaotic situation and were going moment to moment.
>>
>>71242169
>Kills hundreds, if not thousands of his own men
>Gets his ass handed to him
>Loses Winterfell
>Obviously had no scouts
>Tactical genius
Yeah, ok.
So he has been shown to be using bow and arrow for hunting regularly, it's not some dues ex that came out of thin air.
>>
>>71242425
>>71242297
>>71242253
>why show ramsay is a shit character in 3 easy posts
>>
>>71242425
This is such insane reaching, I cannot even begin to imagine the fuckery you have to jump across to reach it. He couldn't even get Karstark and Umber to bend the knee. He had no scouts, he had nobody at Deepwood Mott to watch the road from the Neck, he murdered his men en masse, he lets a little girl get under his skin. Ramsay is a shit commander in every sense, his one saving grace is that Jon is equally fucking stupid. The two bastards couldn't command men for their lives.
>>
>>71242564
they both did exceptionally well for young men in their very first battle as commanders of armies, given the situations they were both in.
>>
>>71242564
Mind you, he NEEDS men at Deepwood Mott because since marrying Sansa he is officially an enemy of the Crown. The North is in open rebellion under Ramsay, seeking a legitimacy from the Stark name. And yet, he has no men to watch his back. He deserved it, the daft crazy cunt.
>>
>>71242443
It'd be difficult to land that shot with a good rifle. It's basically impossible to hit it with a bow.
>>
File: robb-stark.jpg (525 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
robb-stark.jpg
525 KB, 1920x1080
>>71241703
Can we all agree that based Robb would've kicked his ass in a battle, commanding troops that is.

Hail the eternal King in the North.
>>
>>71242734
Probably. Shame he was as dumb as his half-brother in managing people.
>>
>>71242686
So you say. At least he thought ahead with those distance markers (flayed , burning men) I'm sure similar shots have been made before. He was obviously practicing. The Blackfish made a shot like that from a similar distance a few seasons ago.
>>
>>71242767
But salsa is his sister.
>>
>>71242767
They got it from their pa.
>>
>>71242782
It's a wonder we don't ever hear about archer's sniping the shit out of lords and ladies, seeing as how they've got the effective range of at least half of that battlefield on a moving target.
>>
>>71242686

Are you fucking stupid? Do you know how easy it is to shoot a rifle? Of course not youre a faggot, plus ramsay shot multiple shots to gauge wind and distance in order to "play" with the retard kid who couldnt dip left or right.

Open field a good marksman with a 100 year old rifle with bullseye anything within 300 yards.

Without markers
>>
>>71243006
You telling me you could reliably land a kill shot at 300 yards in 3 shots on a moving target? The scene takes less than a minute. Also, I said it'd be difficult, not impossible or even improbable.
>>
>>71243149
Ramsay was clearly an experienced archer who often hunted fleeing human beings and took far more than 3 shots. It's really not that absurd that he was able to make the shot, given he had a clear and open field and pre placed distance markers.
>>
>>71242734
Nope. Robb wasn't good, all his victories was achieved by his father's legacy and he lost all his vassals. In other side Ramsay unite North while main forces fought in Riverlands and defeat full invasion from Iron Islands and unite North.
Only reason why he died it's because he starts war against 2 numales and bodypositive woman.
>>
>>71243183
He landed the shot because that's how it was written in the script. I'm not trying to argue what is or isn't possible in the world of GoT, although I'll say again that it's funny that we don't hear about ace archers reliably nailing people from at least 300 yards away. If you know anything about archery in the real world, the distance at which Rickon was shot is pretty much physically impossible (especially with the bow Ramsay used).
>>
File: np9mRms.jpg (89 KB, 1920x1090) Image search: [Google]
np9mRms.jpg
89 KB, 1920x1090
>>71243309
It what way is the God Warrior Jon a numale?
>>
>>71241840
>discussing tv shows?
>not on my /tv/
>>
>>71243259
He was competent enough to push the Lannisters out of the North until his army reached the Twins.
>>
>>71243365
Lannisters never invaded into the North.
>>
>>71243440
Where was Robb's campaign wages against the Lannisters then?
>>
>>71242354
>Ramsay's cobbled together force of men who don't even like him are the perfect face of martial discipline?

I'm particularly impressed by their legendary use of scouts to secure the battlefield's surroundings.
>>
>>71243365
>>71243473
>showfags
>>
File: 165lv8.jpg (45 KB, 888x499) Image search: [Google]
165lv8.jpg
45 KB, 888x499
>>71241703
Best characters still alive senpai
>>
>>71243510
At least answer my question here anon.
>>
>>71243784
lannisters never invade the north. Robb takes some of their castles and raids the westerlands in return for the lannisters reaving the riverlands.

Robb was a good commander who got his dick to kill him. Ramsay is dogshit.
>>
>>71243473
Riverrun
>>
File: BattleofWInterfell.png (2 MB, 1920x1078) Image search: [Google]
BattleofWInterfell.png
2 MB, 1920x1078
So what happened to the rest of Ramsay's cavalry?

Cause I doubt Jon managed to muster enough men so that his own cavalry could clash equally with them during the initial charge and not get run over.
>>
File: 0Uo8QOH.jpg (1 MB, 1875x3620) Image search: [Google]
0Uo8QOH.jpg
1 MB, 1875x3620
>>71243822
>>71243845
Get a map out for me here. Where did Robb's campaign take place?
>>
>>71241703
Sansa had the High Ground.
>>
>>71244041
>>
>>71244041
Riverlands (blue), then into the Westerlands (red) in order to try to draw out Tywin from Harrenhal
>>
>>71243905
He suffered heavy losses against Stannis
>>
>>71244531
>He suffered heavy losses against Stannis
truly, the greatest commander in all of Westeros

F
>>
>>71242106
>the battle was retarded because D&D wanted to do cool shots instead of proper tactics but yes, ramsay was still the superior commander in the battle

That just makes Jon dumb, doesn't mean Ramsay's good at all
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.