[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RogueOneSucks#18283829202938
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (49 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
49 KB, 612x612
Hey

I work for disney and I'm VERY involved with Rogue One. It's a fucking mess. Ask me anything.
>>
Fixed my trip
>>
>>71241393
Why?
>>
Where are you right now?
>>
>>71241473
All those rumors about the tone being off? Yep. Disney made the mistake of teasing the movie as a war movie and now they're backpeddling after all the reshoot rumors (most of which are true) by saying "n-no guys it's still a dark movie! Uhh it's like empire!"
>>
>>71241393
do we finally get to see whats in darth vaders pants?
>>
Fine. How much time will darth vader have? Will Luke show up in some way? Is there a lot of action? How much time is wasted on the first act?
>>
>>71241556
Consider yourself lucky you're even seeing Vader's lightsaber. The Big Bitch controlled the limit of Vader in the movie from the start. Yeah it's one fucking scene and they released that info to EW yesterday as damage control for when it comes out and people are pissed that Vader's not even in this shit.
>>
Does Sheev show up?

Does bane?

Does CIA?

Does John Cena?
>>
>>71241595
>vader
Read my previous post
>Luke
Nope
>action
It's pretty action packed. The movie's opening sequence is an awesome space battle that leads into this less awesome and oddly shot shore battle that looks like it came from a fucking tv show from the mid 2000s. Then we get to Jyn Erso.
>>
>>71241533
Is the entire movie a comedy now?
>>
>>71241393
Is it true that Vader slaughtering a whole village got cut?
>>
Check my death star plans
>>
>>71241393

No you don't. This thread is shit.

You should feel bad.
>>
How is Ben Mendelson's performance??
And why they decide with a multicultural team for stealing the plans.
>>
What is off about the tone? What are the reshoots attempting to correct?
I assumed it was supposed to be a war/heist story set before new hope, was also assuming a good chunk of the cast eats it and they barely get away with the plans.
>>
Leia says that the death star plans were obtained by a great cust, so, does someone dies? What is the great cust?
>>
>>71241677
No, it's comparable to the new captain america in tone. Dark in some parts yet unbalancingly "funny" in most parts. Plus the way this movie is shot is fucking horendous. No soul whatsoever. And everyone eats this shit up saying "oh boy star wars is practical effects and it's back ha ha".

I hope you like rock planets.
>>
>>71241393
Hello where are the proofs
>>
>>71241697
No, he wasn't even in this that much from the begining of actual production. Of course everyone had cool ideas and there's a lot of great concept art that's going to be released eventually that's pretty much more imaginative than anything in the movie.
>>
Do you legitimately care for Star Wars at all?

So basically, is this upsetting to you at all, or what?
>>
What is the best part of the movie?

What is the part that got fucked up the most by meddling execs?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj08Jwp-2q0
>>
>continuing bullshit rumors

Go away
>>
Gibe me da spoilerz
>>
>>71241757
That was the original plan, for a war/hiest movie. The tone is off in a way that it feels like you're watching a marvel movie. Characters are barely fleshed out and there's no real stakes. The cover for the reshoots is that they're adding more scenes like exposition and stuff to enrich the characters and flesh them out. The reality is that the reshoots are doing that
except it's all banter and quips plus a few minor scene changes. Most of the real reshoots are behind the scenes because they are fucking overworked right now. Disney flat out changed a tie fighter design months after it was approved. I'm not even joking that's what this fucking is.

Some semi main characters are killed off in the movie though, which was the plan all along
>>
>>71241808
Yes. I loved Star Wars all my life and seeing what's happening to it is downright sad. Just when you thought the prequels were as bad as it gets TFA comes out
>>
>>71241914
You're full of shit. Anyone that believes you is a fool. Everything you're saying contradicts statements from Lucasfilm, Disney and the director.
>>
>>71241947
ok, what actually surprised you positively about this production
>>
>>71241393
Your prediction of the Rotten Tomato score and why.
>>
Which characters die and how?
>>
>>71241914
PROOFS OF YOUR CLAIMS. NOW.

Or you eat dog dicks.
>>
>>71241623
>>71241670
>>71241763
>>71241800
>>71241914
>pretending to be a insider on the movie, just like that guy on Reddit

Seriously, get laid, No one believes you, you are a 33 year old virgin, you spend too much time on the internet. Stop trying to make this thread your only life achievement, because it is not.
>>
Is she rey's mom, or lukes wife, or ben kenobi's niece or what is she?
>>
>>71241830
>best part of the movie
There's a showdown between the rebel group and the Deathtroopers on this new stardestroyer model. It's actually a legit scary scene and the Deathtroopers aren't cannon fodder. They kill Pao
and it's all done very well

>executive meddling
Mostly everything else. The movie had a chaotic feel before, with quieter moments followed by bursts of action, much like real war. There's a lot more dialouge and a lot less rebel soliders dying. The execs and Big Bitch were meddling from day one when they imposed a multicultural rule on the rebel extras and even main characters. When the concept art comes out you'll see it, but there were actually aliens in this movie ON THE FOREFRONT. Now they're in the very very background and not even in the trailers in favor of illegal aliens.

The creature guys from TFA did actual hard work with this and produced some cool puppets and suits, most of which aren't even getting used.
>>
>>71242056
>Now they're in the very very background and not even in the trailers in favor of illegal aliens.
Many Bothans died so that Trmp could win.

;_;7
>>
>>71241975
The creature design is very nice and advanced even compared to TFA. The cast are all great folks backstage although I haven't had that much interaction with the mains save for Donnie Yen, who is an all around great guy.

The movie is better than the prequels I guess but the prequels were atleast imaginative.

The acting is pretty great from the old cut and there's not a single standout bad preformance.

Overall not much
>>
Why this instead of Kyle Katarn?
>>
What were the were the "problems" the executives saw that they wanted to fix. Is it all tone?
>>
>>71242113
Hey fag, answer my question who is "I Rebel" and Forest Whitaker, also who is the commander guy. Also are you just Donnie Yen comming here to get more fans
>>
Do we see even one fucking Bothan?
>>
>>71241393
Is Bail Organa (Jimmy Smits) in the film or even referenced at all? Does Alderaan play any role?
>>
>>71242203
Bothans died getting the second Death Star plans.
>>
>>71242267
Upon further review, it turns out I'm retarded, you're right about that.
>>
How often does the girl punch out grown men with her tiny lady fists?
>>
>>71241393
If you do work for disney, what are the four keys?
>>
>>71242056
>>71241623

who's Big Bitch?

is Gareth Edwards too much of a pussy to stand up to the execs? between Godzilla and what you hear about this it seems he has decent ideas that get watered down because the studio thinks they're too risky.
>>
op who is the character in the dark robe from the trailer?
>>
>>71241760
She succ Sheev
>>
>>71241393
So were you a male droid or a female droid? Or some trans thing? Aren't all droids technically trans since they're programmed first and any sense of identity second?

And why do you need to torture droids? What idiot decided that droids needed to feel pain?

Oh yeah, you look like a Battle Droid too.
>>
>>71241393
Can you provide us any amount of proof? just a single on-stage picture would do
>>
>>71243248
>big bitch
I'm guessing it's Kat Kennedy, Lucasfilm CEO
>>
>>71241393
>>
>>71242267
No, the Bothans died getting First Death Star's plans. It was the Hobbits who reminded the Rebel Alliance about Second Death Star.
>>
Explain the plot.

Are there any original ship designs?

If so, why here and not in TFA?

Will it ever be explained why the First Order uses old fucking TIE fighters?
>>
>>71241462
I suppose asking for proof that you're genuine is too much.
>>
Is it in any way shape or form similar to the original EU around the stolen death star plans?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.