[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Independence Day Resurgence
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Independence Day 2 queen ship.png (513 KB, 1100x431) Image search: [Google]
Independence Day 2 queen ship.png
513 KB, 1100x431
Why are there no threads for this?
>>
Because it's shit.
>>
>>71237880
>not Disney
It's shit
>>
>>71237880
>a sequel 20 years late and missing the only thing that would make it worth seeing

Gee I wonder
>>
>>71238005
Will Smith? He's a Scientologist nigger, though.
>>
what part of the Atlantic did it touch down on?
>>
>AyyLmaos can make a spaceship that covers a quarter of a planet.
>giving a shit about a small rocky planet and not just mining asteroids and gas giants for resources.
>>
>>71238061
ALL of it!
>>
>>71238061
It touched down on like the whole western hemisphere.
>>
>>71238079
Yeah, the "they're harvesting Earth's core" thing doesn't make much sense; unless planet cores like Earth's are a unique source of iron. I'm not a geologist, so I can't judge.

It would make more sense for the ayy lmaos to come to planets with sentient life to harvest things that are hard to find, like rare earth metals and radioactive material, electronics, plastics, water, and food.
>>
It was stupid entertainment

I can see people not liking it, but it's like everyone vehemently hates it for some reason.
>>
>Watching the trailer
>It Ain't Me starts playing
fucking REALLY?
>>
>>71238228
>unless planet cores like Earth's are a unique source of iron

They aren't. Iron is the #9 most abundant element in the universe. In fact, when stars die it's one of the things they leave behind.

There are ten thousand easier ways to get resources than trying to strip-mine inhabited worlds.
>>
>>71238139
if their ship is that large, what could they possibly need the planet for? If anything they would need to harvest stars, not planets.
>>
>the President looks and sounds like Hillary, same grating voice and everything

Was it intentional?
>>
File: core drilling.gif (668 KB, 540x302) Image search: [Google]
core drilling.gif
668 KB, 540x302
>>71238228
wander over yonder did it first, and invader zim before that, and im pretty sure some other frachises/movies/books did the whole harvest the molten core of a planet before
>>
>>71238435
Maybe they're like the Hive in Destiny and have an ideological drive to kill all other sentient lifeforms, so they can never be a threat to them; and harvesting planets is just a convenient side operation. IDK, I'm grabbing for straws here.
>>
>>71238230
no... the first one was stupid entertainment... this one was just off the wall retarded
>>
>>71237880
>They fell for the nostalgic cashgrab meme
>>
>>71238530
It's a staple of the genre. The 2009 Star Trek even had it.
>>
>>71237880
I enjoyed it. It felt like a 90's movie.
>>
It's a pretty decent movie but the female casting is terrible. Every single female character was awful and they had no chemistry with the rest of the cast.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.