[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he just a meme or are his movies good? If so, where should I start?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: o-BRUCE-LEE-facebook.jpg (646 KB, 1536x1214) Image search: [Google]
o-BRUCE-LEE-facebook.jpg
646 KB, 1536x1214
Is he just a meme or are his movies good? If so, where should I start?
>>
Jackie chan is better
>>
It's 2016, everything is a meme now.
>>
Honestly they are unwatchable by modern standards. Just watch the fight scenes, skip all the story and talking. Fight scenes are then even only worth watching if you are a big fan of martial arts
>>
Watch Enter the Dragon and fuck off
>>
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 298x169) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 298x169
The Big Boss
The Chinese Connection
Enter the Dragon
Return of the Dragon

The Game of Death was Lee's last film and was never completed. Lee was going to fight his way up a Dojo and take on 5 different fighter's all with different styles

The only scenes that were filmed was Lee and 2 thugs who are part of some criminal organization, fight the top 3 fighters in the Dojo
>>
I saw Enter the Dragon in theaters last month and was extremely underwhelmed. I expected the Citizen Kane of kung-fu movies from the reputation and got an ok movie with too much bad plot and the fights weren't *that* amazing
>>
>>71239033

Well to be fair, you have to look at it from the time period they were released, back then western fight scenes were really slow, while Kung Fu movies already had in mind what made fight scenes good, the west didn't have a handle on it yet, it blew everyone's minds.

The old Kung Fu movies, especially Bruce Lee being the one that introduced them to the mainstream, really changed how fighting works in movies.

Imagine that, back then, a Bruce Lee movie was to them what The Raid is to everyone today.
>>
>>71236725
watch ip man 1 2 and 3
>>
>>71238096

h. R
>>
>>71236725
There's only 4 movies, just watch them all

then watch some documenteries if you wanna feel inspired or some shit, I'd start with How Bruce Lee changed the world, kind of crazy to think how much he did with only 30 something years

>>71238950
There's footage from most of the first 3 fights that was included in one of the documentaries
>>
His movies were a meme but they are still iconic and worth watching.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.