[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pissed it turns out in the end this ain't related to the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 1464231566145.jpg (55 KB, 770x442) Image search: [Google]
1464231566145.jpg
55 KB, 770x442
Pissed it turns out in the end this ain't related to the first movie at all What the fuck was that jew thinking
>>
Probably something like "if I name this movie similar to my other successful movie then maybe it'll fool people into watching it"
>>
>>71230095
Fuck. And he calls it clover-verse in his interviews. This could have been great but he fucked it up
>>
>>71230147
It was mad good until the last 15 minutes. You're right though, it could've been incredible if they didn't have a hack directing it
>>
>>71230095
this right here

he did say in an interview that if they get to do a 3rd movie it will connect the stories but I think we would be getting Jew Jew'd again.
>>
File: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).png (11 KB, 360x145) Image search: [Google]
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°).png
11 KB, 360x145
>its meant to be in the same canon even though the monster from Cloverfield was an animal from the deep sea and the monsters in this movie are aliens invading earth with space ships
>>
>>71230066
>>71230300
The ending was fucking retarded. It really felt like they had no idea what they were doing with it.

The ending of the original script was better than this drivel. They just tacked shit on to it and fucked shit up.
>>
File: 1d95a6cafbca269bb314a9442c9de2c0.jpg (867 KB, 2560x1952) Image search: [Google]
1d95a6cafbca269bb314a9442c9de2c0.jpg
867 KB, 2560x1952
>>71230854
what was the ending in the script?
>>
>>71230066
It was originally a completely unrelated movie called "The Cellar" that was supposed to end with Goodman being crazy and kidnapping girls all along. The movie was supposed to go pretty much the same up until the end, when MEW escapes and makes it back to her fiancee. The people in charge were worried that despite it being actually very tense and interesting, no one was going to see the movie because it had a boring bland title and you couldn't really make a convincing or exciting trailer without giving everything away. So JJ, who was attached as a producer from the beginning, decided to tack on an alien invasion plot and title it 'cloverfield' to get people in seats. Shame, because while it did make money, the ending completely ruined the vibe that the film had going for it. I thought that the movie was brilliant up until MEW escapes the house and sees the ufo
>>
>>71231067
She lost her grip on the door frame after spilling the acid and the both died there.
>>
>>71231067
"In the original script, Michelle escapes the shelter and is chased through the farmhouse by Howard, who still wants to "protect" her. She blinds him with bathroom cleaner, he tells her about his tragic life (dead wife, missing daughter, treacherous Nate, etc.), and then she shoots him in the kneecap and runs away. He ends the movie alive, entreating Michelle to "be careful." Later, after traveling down empty roads and finding no one around to help her, she crests a hill and sees the Chicago skyline, smoldering and destroyed. No explanation is given. We don’t even know what she will do next; only that she now knows that Howard, for all his oddity, was correct. The final line in the script is, "She slowly pulls down the mask on the hazmat suit before taking a breath."
>>
>>71231260
http://collider.com/10-cloverfield-lane-ending-original/
>>
>>71231260
this sounds a bit better. I honestly expected the movie to end when she got out and seen the alien ufo thing

>>71231201
if it ended there it would've been good. But it dragged 15 minutes too long.
>>
>>71231423
What really gets me besides the name of the movie is that it leads you to believe that it's connected to the first one. It's very deliberate in that. And then right up until the end if they had cut the last 15 minutes and just had the radio part they could have easily connected them both so the whole thing would be right after the bombs fell on the city. But nope, it had to be aliens
>>
>>71231201
>It was originally a completely unrelated movie called "The Cellar" that was supposed to end with Goodman being crazy and kidnapping girls all along
Not at all. You're mixing shit up.
'The Cellar' is the original script people are talking about where the girl escapes and discovers he is telling the truth
>>
>>71231514
calm down dude. The movie wasn't really meant to be a cloverfield sequel or prequel. You fell for the marketing campaign, and if you really watched the thing expecting the cloverfield monster or any direct link to the movie you did it wrong
>>
>>71231648
I'm calm DUDE. And no I didn't expect to see some very on the nose reference like that but what on earth could have led me to believe there was a connection? Hmm. Let's see. Maybe it's because the movie is produced by the same guy and is called Cloverfield? Maybe up until the movie is over it's referencing a big event happening outside, probably involving nuclear fallout? Don't act like you knew shit
>>
>>71231648
I think it's cool, actually, that idea of such a loose continuation. I just think the over-the-top bits they threw in only bring the film down. They could have stuck with a few subtle hints here and there, rather than throwing huge monsters in your face.
>>
>>71231648
I'm pretty sure JJ said something like this and clover field were "cousins", like loosely related
>>
>>71231776
>I'm calm DUDE
lmao what the fuck are you Flanders from that one episode where he gets really angry at Bart
>>
I love mew
>>
>>71230373
This is what pissed me off the most. If you're going to tack on a Cloverfield reference, at least get the fucking monster right.

>>71231201
>>71231260
Holy shit, these actually make a lot more sense than randomly having aliens show up. It would have given us closure on who that girl in the pic was and wouldn't have felt so rushed or forced.

>"She slowly pulls down the mask on the hazmat suit before taking a breath."

This would have been MUCH better. Thanks for ruining everything, Jew Jew.
>>
>>71230066
Brand name nigga
>>
>>71232933
>aliens
>random

Did you fucking watch the movie?
>>
>>71233116
I'm saying with a title that has "Cloverfield" in it and is advertised as being a sequel to "Cloverfield", you can imagine why someone would be disappointed that we got aliens instead of the monster that was established from the first film. They also never wrapped up the subplot where Howard is lying about who his daughter is. Instead they leave out a good explanation and reveal of what's really going on in favor of a big explosion and some alien invasion or some shit.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.