[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The great war
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 615x409) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 615x409
>HBO ww1 series when?
also ww1 kino thread?
>>
who gives a shit about ww1
best war is the deuce
>>
>>71224000

Would /tv/ bitch and moan if we got an episode to show off the Harlem Hellfighters?
>>
>>71224000
Just seent beneath hill 60, was pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2PQp5eIR0o
>>
I wish we had more WWI shit
Ive sat through enough WWII content to last me a lifetime
>>
>>71224217

We've seen a lot of European front stuff and also the Pacific, but Africa Front is still ripe with stories
>>
>>71224144
of course
>>
>>71224000
>that potential Lost Battalion subplot
that would be golden
>>
>>71224144
Yes, a real WW1 series would barely feature Americans at all. They barely fought and the Germans they did fight in the last few months of the war were low quality
>>
>>71224430

Seems like legit reasons, cool
>>
>>71224516
They should do one about 1916 following the Somme, Verdun and Brusilov Offensive. Could even add the Italian-Austrian front as well but that is a lot.
>>
You know what would be interesting? Make it focus on the initial 1914 campaign in the west when it was still a war of movement and have the series end with the Christmas truce, the trench warfare shit is overdone and boring and depressing as hell.
>>
>>71225138
Overdone? When's the last time a mainstream movie cover ww1 at all
>>
Band of Brothers?
>>
>>71225951
Maybe overdone wasn't the right word, it's just that World War I in the popular consciousness is usually trench warfare and battles such as the Somme and Verdun.
>>
>>71226680
My bad, I'm tired and blind and i didn't read "WW1"
>>
U.K., United States, Russia and France vs rest of Europe, coming in 2018
>>
>>71224000
>HBO version of Storm of Steel

Holy fuck that would be awesome.
>>
>>71224252
I'd watch anything involving the North African campaign.
>>
File: storm of steel.jpg (16 KB, 200x300) Image search: [Google]
storm of steel.jpg
16 KB, 200x300
we really need a faithful high budget german storm of steel adaptation, shame it'll never happen
>>
problem with WW1 is that it's relevance, while pivotal to those who know history, is dwarfed to the average viewer in comparison to the subsequent world war that shaped the world we live in now. plus there wasn't really the same level of 'evil' involved like with the Hitler and Stalin, so its hard to paint a black and white narrative
>inb4 Armenian genocide
Ottomans were largely peripheral and an advanced zombie empire by then anyway

desu I'm not even sure what exactly kicked off WW1. I know the details, but just not sure how or why the assassination of FF led to every country in Europe suddenly losing their shit and going all out, but I'm not a student of history so whatever
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.