[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Would you have cut off his head or let him live, be honest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Would you have cut off his head or let him live, be honest
>>
i don't remember that was a decade ago
>>
>>71223979
Let him live. He is an integral part of the enemy army and their logistics. He is a high ranking general with information about both the separatist and the elusive sith. Also, I'm a fucking jedi, so I don't execute people after a whopping 10 seconds of convincing.

Anakin is such a stupid prick
>>
>>71224100
To be fair Anakin at the time was just a stupid kid. Ya he's a Jedi but he still is young and inexperienced. Imagine you are 19 years old, joined the army when you were 6, and are now promoted to elite special forces. The president is kidnapped, you rescue him, and he orders you to kill the enemy general. It's doubtful many in his position would act differently.

It was the wrong decision for all the reasons you stated above, but an older wiser Anakin would never make that mistake. Young stupid kid Anakin did.
>>
Good, Anakin, good....
However...
>>
>>71223979
Dumbass Dooku should have just spilled the beans, totally would have lived
>>
>>71224432
Even though Anakin was never a stickler for Jedi rules, the entire philosophy of the jedis, which Anakin has known and quasi-followed pretty much his entire life, gets overturned by three short sentences from papa Palpatine. The chancellor doesn't even have any authority over the jedi (Though we know Anakin "respected" the position, I'll give you that)

Killing unarmed prisoners are a HUGE no-no for the jedis. It is diametrically opposite of what Anakin should've done, and this act should have disturbed him more than it did. On the spectrum of shit you don't do, execution is on the far end of don't fucking do it

Also, why the fuck didn't Dooku say something?
>>
>I suck the cock of the real badguy but really I'm getting over on him

Gays and women everywone
>>
>>71224723
Unarmed prisoners are one thing, but I'd argue that Dooku falls out of the spectrum of normal prisoners. He's the figure head for the whole war, and killing him could help end the conflict Anakin had been fighting for a years now. The Jedi are allowed to kill dangerous bad guys, and the most dangerous bad guy is kneeling right in front of him.

As for just doing it cause palpatine said so, Anakin is part of the military, and although the Chancellor isn't in direct command of of the Jedi, they still follow his guidance, and are part of the republic army. So disobeying a direct order from the Chancellor is it's own moral grey area.

As for Dooku not speaking up, crap writing. Only explanation could be he's just in shock that his master is ordering his death. But that's flimsy at best.
>>
>>71224723
why? because it's a badly written movie, one that will become part of Star Wars Legends and replaced by a new prequel trilogy when Disney runs low on shekels.
>>
>>71225193
The jedi are not allowed to kill if their enemy is at their mercy, no matter the circumstance. Besides, having a living general as a potential source of information would go even further to end the war.

Of course, we're giving to much thought to this. As you said - poor writing
>>
>>71224782
???
>>
>>71224723
So it's totally okay for Mace Windu to kill unarmed prisoners but bad for Anakin?
>>
>>71224432
>To be fair Anakin at the time was just a stupid kid.
He was already a grown man.
>>
>>71224723
>Also, why the fuck didn't Dooku say something?
You can see him try to say something. I think it's pure pain-induced shock. If you ever get hit by surprise incredibly hard, you can temporarily lose the ability to speak (true story, bro), and getting your hands cut definitely qualifies.
>>
If I cut it off would he die?
>>
>>71225917
It's wrong in both instances. That Mace is a master does not make him infallible. If he was following the jedi code to the letter, he would have put papa Palpa on trial. Killing Palpatine is the right choice, though.

Funny how Anakin suddenly advocates for fair trials when he needs the guy about to be executed
>>
>>71225987
But he's a bonafide sith lord, trained by Palpatine after a life time of Jedi experience and meditation. You're telling me this guy is in shock from losing his hands? with all the force power and mental control he has?

We also know that Palpatine tortures his students when they do wrong. Dooku is no stranger to pain and enduring it
>>
>>71223979
Golden Rule. I'd let him live.
>>
File: 1466793096249.jpg (62 KB, 640x492) Image search: [Google]
1466793096249.jpg
62 KB, 640x492
I am an executioner that's what you are after wielding any weapon.
>>
>>71226361
this tbqh (to be very honest)
>>
>>71223979
let him live, cause i'm not 12.
>>
>>71226361
Seconded. I never harm anyone I don't have to or doesn't deserve it to some extent. Even if they deserve it I always think about what Daredevil would do.
>>
>>71223979
I would have killed right until palpating got all creepy n shit and told me to do it. Alarm bells would have been ringing in my head at that point.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.