[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people pretend that this film didn't flop. It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6
File: Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg (392 KB, 600x960) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft_Teaser_Poster.jpg
392 KB, 600x960
Why do people pretend that this film didn't flop.

It's Angry Birds all over again, where people ignore foreign and domestic taxes, along with advertising costs.
>>
File: images-187.jpg (11 KB, 498x295) Image search: [Google]
images-187.jpg
11 KB, 498x295
>>71222196
shit thread
have a meme
>>
Only movie that's so well in the U.S. are succesfull right? Gtfo
>>
>>71222196
Only blizzdrones care about this movie at all.
It's genuinely awful.
>>
>>71222322
Movie studios get a majority of their profits domestically. Warcraft had a abyssal domestic B.O., around 20.5 million when you take away taxes.

At best, from China they received 102 million in net profits, since the distributor (Legendary) is owned by a Chinese company, which means they get about 50% profit from theaters rather than less than 25%.
>>
>>71222404
It's not that bad.
>>
>>71222196
Muh ignorance
>>
Needs $450 mil to break even, they claim.

Sitting at $390 mil atm

BTFO
>>
>>71223763
>It's Angry Birds all over again, where people ignore foreign and domestic taxes, along with advertising costs.
>>
>>71222404
For some reason the word "awful" triggers me and makes me think of some geek from the 50's. Gee golly that was awful! Just say it's shit faggot.
>>
>>71222196
>advertising costs
what is that, like ten dollars?
>>
File: WARCRAFT HATERS BTFO.png (49 KB, 641x260) Image search: [Google]
WARCRAFT HATERS BTFO.png
49 KB, 641x260
>>71222196
>Why do people pretend that this film didn't flop.

You have to go back
>>
>>71223539
This. It's a shit ton better than WoW, and any other video game movie to date. Although I dunno WTF they spent all that money on, it's still comfy as fuck. Seriously what did they spend all that money on.
>>
>>71222322
>Only movie that's so well in the U.S. are succesfull right? Gtfo

Burgers BTFO
>>
>>71223763
It's made 400 million as of today amigo. Still probably looking at 425M at the end of its BO run but bluray/DVD/streaming/merch will push it right up past 500. It already made 18M in presales on a popular Chinese streaming site as well.
>>
>>71222196
because didn't flop
>>
>>71222196
Minus the arguments about the plots and video game adaptions. How was Travis Fimmels acting? I thought he played a pretty good Ragnar, and I'd be willing to see this movie for him alone.
>>
>>71226735
he was brutty good
>>
>>71226735
The only cool human and human you cared about, I just don't understand why Dominic Cooper is so shit in these sorts of movies when he seems pretty good in Preacher
>>
File: LucasLaughing.jpg (36 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
LucasLaughing.jpg
36 KB, 600x400
>>71225589
Based ILM
>>
>>71225589
>Most successful game film

This men's nothing, this is like bragging about being taller than a midget or having a bigger dick than a woman.
>>
>>71226674
Yes it did. Do you think studios get the entire gross? Are you an idiot?
>>
I don't get the hate for this movie...
Sequel with better actors and a decent script got massive potential
>>
>>71228166
sorry m8 but it didn't
>>
>>71228663
Sorry drone but it did. Do the math. 40% taken from foreign and 50% taken from China.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=intl&id=warcraft.htm
>>
>>71225608
the animation
>>
This movie came, like, 5-6 years too late. Nobody cares about WoW now, but it would be a huge success during TBC/WotLK days.

Also why did they choose to use the story from the first Warcraft instead of something which is familiar to more people? Only hardcore nerds played first game, they should use some story from WoW or one of it's expansions to draw more people. Also no fucking orcs, nobody likes green niggers.
>>
>>71222196

I played all the warcraft games and wow and holy shit was this movie boring and poorly acted and written. Intertextuality is literally all this movie has going for it.
>>
>>71231068
>they should use some story from WoW or one of its expansions
fuck no

wow's story is fucking shite

like, if you thought the warcraft movie had a bad story, wow's story is 1000 times worse

fuck you and your terrible ideas
>>
It was successful enough to warrant a sequel, but not enough to deserve as high of a budget.
Here's hoping that the extended release on physical media will bolster enough support. Because that always works right...... right?
>>
File: 142319756139854.jpg (28 KB, 600x366) Image search: [Google]
142319756139854.jpg
28 KB, 600x366
>>71222196
>has a "there will be a sequel ending"
>people think there wont be a sequel
Yall don't know how producers and hollywood accountants work.
>>
>>71231191
Ulduar storyline was good, so was Ahn'Qiraj.

They could also do the Lich King story and it would be much better than muh poor orcs raping azeroth because their planet blew up.
>>
>>71231106
that's funny I disagree guess it's just your opinion huh
>>
>>71231316
>muh poor orcs raping azeroth because their planet blew up.
only in the shitty wow retcon

wow ruined warcraft

and if that shit ever gets sequels, they will never get to wow, because deep down metzen knows that it sucks
>>
>>71231483
Everything that metzen created sucks and is full of worst tropes and cliches from shitty comic books for absolute autistic nerds.

I think that they keep him around at blizzard and let him write stuff only because he's been there for so long and everyone likes him so they don't have a heart to tell him his writing and stories are terrible.
>>
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-angry-birds-sony-20160517-snap-story.html
>$400 million in advertisements
OY VEY
>>
>>71222304
Haha nice, I don't know this meme, but im an aspiring meme collector. What's the story behind this one? I'm excited!
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.