[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people think they can control animals of this size?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: 800_Blackfish.jpg (265 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
800_Blackfish.jpg
265 KB, 800x450
Why do people think they can control animals of this size?
>>
Because we can and do.
>>
File: Happy-Sad-Frog-08.png (78 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
Happy-Sad-Frog-08.png
78 KB, 412x351
man is intent on destroying everything of beauty.

its only natural
>>
Its just an ego boost for the people in charge of the facilities.

>venomous snakes? Lets capture all kinds and put them on display

>badass Lions? Gonna grab him and a couple of mates to ship off to disneyworld

>giant multi-ton amphibious mammals? Better lock their asses in a tiny ass swimming pool.

Whats even worse is that we basically make the animals that are captured or bred in captivity completely reliant on humans. Do a trick, get some food. 12 pm? Get some food. Time for bed? Heres some food. They basically have their instincts and survival skills hindered completely, making a return to the wild impossible.
>>
>>71219925
>>71220074
Found the retards
>>
>>71220074
People like and pay for the pleasure of seeing these beasts. So what? Why are you such a limpwristed whiner? They are LITERALLY only animals.
>>
>>71219887
Because God gave us dominion over the animals of the earth
>>
>>71220102

I guess maybe its just the idea that capturing and forcing animals into doing tricks for entertainment seems very petty in my eyes. Like, its one thing to capture a specimen for research or even just observation in the name of science, but to take animals from their natural environments with the sole purpose of charging for an admission ticket seems wrong.

Idk, maybe i just prefer watching a nature doc and learning about the animals than seeing a majestic whale jump through a hoop.
>>
>>71219887
God this movie bothers me. Like there are pieces of information that aren't true or really misleading even though they didn't need to be. Like the anti-Sea World people are right and had a good enough case without lying about little things to make their case look even better.

An example is how they say SeaWorld lies about the average age of wild Orcas. SeaWorld says they live an average of 30-50 years in the wild, which most researchers seem to hold as true but the movie talks about the life span being 100 years in the wild as if that's common and not just a rarely achieved maximum age. Like SeaWorld orcas die at an average age of 16 or so, why not just say that, it's already less than half the wild average age of death?
>>
>>71220273
It's just how humanity works, I guess, back in ancient times we had Gladiator matches, now we have this.
>>
>>71220102
>They are LITERALLY only animals.
aww the edgee
>>
>>71220392
You are my enemy.
>>
>>71219887
This wasn't a very doc. It upsets me that it's so popular
>>
>>71222173
CNN aired it every day for two weeks and that's the only reason everyone knows about it.
>>
>>71219887
Thery high
>>
was that whale movie made by Ron Howard any good?
>>
>>71223886
fuck ron howard and fuck whales
>>
>>71220087
>>71220102
Found the sub human chinks
>>
>that bald guy scene

jesus fucking christ that was tense as fuck.
>>
>>71222173
>muh patrician movies
Fucking lmao, there's literally thousands of movies like 3 people have heard of, go watch those. A lot of them are likely to be shitty but if you want some kind of dumb seekret club there you go.
>>
>>71223994
I feel ya, but Cillian Murphy is in it so I was wondering if I should sit through it
I hate the litle Billy Elliot kid though
>>
File: amtue-1021c-chimp4-ko.jpg (57 KB, 750x480) Image search: [Google]
amtue-1021c-chimp4-ko.jpg
57 KB, 750x480
>>71219887
Why do people think they can controls animals of this size?
>>
>>71219887
>"NECESSARY"
these pompous cunts i swear to god
>>
>>71224099
was that the monkey who torn a woman apart?

>Oh my god! he's eating her! *sob sob*
>He ripped her eyes out!
>Kill him! kill him!!

Animal lovers people.
>>
so I went to sea world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGBG04waIS8
>>
>>71224216
10/10
>>
>>71220102
you are literally only an animal
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.