[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>NO! THE JEDI ARE EVIL isn't this better? Why add from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: vlcsnap-2012-11-10-23h17m10s248.png (492 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2012-11-10-23h17m10s248.png
492 KB, 1024x576
>NO! THE JEDI ARE EVIL

isn't this better? Why add from my point of view?
>>
>>71214298

>NO, WE ARE NO LONGER MORALLY ALIGNED AND NOW FACE EACHOTHER AS ENEMIES. MY MOTIVATION IS THAT O TURNED TO THE DARK SIDE.

wdhmbt?
>>
>>71214298
not enough poetry.
>>
>>71214298
Lucas wanted the audience to understand that Anakin was the better character. He understood that morality is a purely subjective concept, and as such, Anakin acknowledges that the "evil" he speaks of is something that he cannot claim is the undoubted truth.

The Prequels mainly deal with morality in a subjective sense, as opposed to the original trilogy which deals with morality in an objective sense. Lucas intended for this in order to compare and contrast the the two and create a sort of duality in the series as a whole.
>>
>>71214496
>Lucas wanted the audience to understand that Anakin was the better character.
He failed to achieve this.

I think you've confused the OT and PT.
The OT is subjective and the PT is objective.
>>
>>71214612
He was morally grey, as opposed to the reign of absolutes in the OT.
>>
File: Lucas Chaos.jpg (51 KB, 500x304) Image search: [Google]
Lucas Chaos.jpg
51 KB, 500x304
>>71214298
It's subjective.
>>
Planet is called Mustafar
>If you're not with me, you are my enemy
Literally why? Nobody even cares about Iraq. I understand Vietnam metaphors, but Iraq is so gay why bother making the analogy between Vader and George Bush?
>>
>>71214658
>only a Sith deals in absolutes
wdhmbt?
>>
Sometimes I feel this scene would have went better if Anakin didn't say anything honestly. Hayden wasn't a bad actor when it came to facial expressions so I feel having kinda stare would convey his feelings, Obi Wan could still even say 'then you are lost' maybe it a different tone and not yelling.
>>
>>71214658
At first, but you see his descent into the dark side and objective evil whereas Luke is more grey and you watch him flirt with the dark side only to turn his back on it in the end.
>>
>>71214298
Because the jedi may not be evil in an absolute way, but they are evil from his point of view, you dumb pleb. If I had just put "No! The Jedi are evil!" the audience might think that the jedi are actually evil and that's just not true. Rule 1: Don't confuse your audience. I can't expect you to understand these principles because you're not a director. If you've been in the business for as long as I have, you learn a few things.
>>
>>71214742
Honestly I agree with you George. If Luke had said the Jedi are evil I'd probably leave the theater right there, I didn't watch these films only to end up rooting for the villains the whole time.
>>
>>71214697
He means that he himself was a Sith but Anakin didn't pick up on his subtlety.
>>
File: 139483627938.png (563 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
139483627938.png
563 KB, 569x802
>FROM MY POINT OF VIEW THE BIG GUYS ARE EVIL
>>
>>71214658
I've never understood this. What reign of absolutes?
Luke uses a dark side power in RotJ then goes on to reconvert his father to the light side after both he and palp both claimed it was impossible.
>>
>>71214496
i think he wanted to portray him as possesed...
>>
>>71214708
>"Anakin Chancellor Palpatine is evil!"
*Anakin simply smolders and slowly advances on Aobi Wan*
>*Obi Wan's expression is one of pained frustration
>"You are lost!"
>Fight continues
>>
>NO U

Fucking gripping dialogue
>>
why doesnt he finish he basically decapitates hgim.
did he think he would burn alive?
isnt that also against the jedi code to torture people
>>
>>71214846
Same reason Bats left Ras alive in Batman Begins.
>>
Why didn't Obi Wan attack Anakin while he talking to end the fight quickly
>>
>>71214899
It's not the way Obi fights.
That's something Anakin would do though and if you watched the fight, they know each others moves like they know they're own.
>>
>>71214682

The PT is so ridiculously full of political metaphors of the time, the story practically revolves around it and I think that's one of the trilogy's bigger unspoken failures. All of those connections will be lost to time and they weren't interesting anyways. They just made the prequels stressful.
>>
>>71214298
>No. We voted in a referendum to give the Chancellor extraordinary powers and now he has legally declared the Jedi as a terrorist organization, hence the jedi are by legal definition outlaws and ipso facto, evil!
>>
>>71215271
Wait a second... were the seperatists the good guys the whole time? Did this movie inaccurately predict the results of the UK's separation from the EU?
>>
File: 802250-kreiadarknessatcore.jpg (56 KB, 377x553) Image search: [Google]
802250-kreiadarknessatcore.jpg
56 KB, 377x553
>>71214298
>from my point of view everyone is wrong
>>
>>71214298
why the fuck would the jedi be evil, that makes no sense
not that lucas made any fucking sense
>>
>>71214298

>Why add from my point of view?

Because it shows how he's aware his point of view is questionable. Anakin realizes murdering a bunch of children, overthrowing the government, and then choking out his gf for not supporting him are all not very morally sound behaviors, but he's allowed Palpatine to convince him doing these things are for the best in the long run. His saying "from my point of view" expresses his doubt and self-awareness. He doesn't 100% believe what he's doing is good. He's just been persuaded enough to feel like he can ignore his conscience. It would sound more convincing and would be a better choice of words if someone didn't say "from my point of view," but you're missing the point that he was supposed to sound unconvincing.
>>
>>71214496
Great points. Really great points.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.