[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok will you fucks please clear something up for me? Does anybody
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: miloandotis2.jpg (40 KB, 345x307) Image search: [Google]
miloandotis2.jpg
40 KB, 345x307
ok will you fucks please clear something up for me?

Does anybody remember this movie? I absolutely adored it when i was a kid, it's a fountain of nostalgia for me. I recently dug up the VHS for it and i was about to get stoned and watch this on my old tv in my room and cry of nostalgia, but that was before i read the wikipedia entry for it. Apparently it has been alleged that numerous kittens and puppies were killed during the making, and many of the scenes are very strenuous and frightening for the animals. now these rumors are completely unfounded mind you, but they still haunt me deeply. just to imagine myself at 6 years old watching this movie blissfully unaware of a potential kitten holocaust puts fucking knots in my stomach. I youtubed a bit and the scenes are definitely not animal friendly, but i cant pinpoint a moment where the animal could have died... i just dont know fellas. My mind is swirling. what do you think? is this movie evil? is my childhood ruined forever? or is it all just sensationalism?
>>
Classic banger
>>
File: oldesttrick.jpg (12 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
oldesttrick.jpg
12 KB, 480x360
>>71210952
please
>>
>>71210887
never heard the rumors but wouldnt put it past them. either way I feel ya op been forever since I seen it. reminds of being home sick from school at my grandmas who had the disney channel which was premium at the time.
>>
>>71211158
this movie was made by the japanese.

I feel like if the rumors were confirmed for me, I could actually honestly say I hated the japanese.
>>
>>71210887
Yes, many animals were killed, but they were eaten and no part of their bodies was wasted.
>>
File: viper7.jpg (251 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
viper7.jpg
251 KB, 1024x1024
>>71211254
please no more memes

I am really broken up about this
>>
>>71211284
Of course animals were hurt. How do you think they got all the shots they needed? You think all the animals just cooperated?
>>
The entire "Japanese slaughtered a kennel of puppies to make a movie" meme is just that. There are no legitimate records or evidence of abuse, the story started from some Australian animal rights group completely unrelated to a japanese movie production

It says a lot about people's latent racism that they are so quick to believe that the Japanese are inhuman animal killers
>>
any internet search result points towards countless animal deaths for that production. pretty sure it's confirmed.

i've never watched it (outside of trailers), but i only know of it because the original japanese version features a GOAT soundtrack by ryuichi sakamoto:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrmQBU2XYNk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ty24wKYo1OY
>>
Loved this movie growing up.

Apparantly some dogs were eaten by bears and some pets had to be thrown over waterfalls. Heartless Japs
>>
>>71210887
I heard they snapped the puppy's leg to make it look like he was limping... Or was it the kitten.
>>
>>71211656
Yeah now if were a Thai movie production or hell Korean then maybe.
>>
>>71211656
They are, there's no denying it.
>>
>>71211671
I tried to listen to this but could only tolerate it for about 0.8 sec until I Alt+F4 it.
>>
there's an easy way to find out, is there a "no animals were harmed" disclaimer at the end of the credits?
>>
>>71213415
None on the Japanese version, US version has a generic "All animals were treated with utmost care" notice with no AHA approval. So yeah, a shitload of kittens probably died.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.