[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ask if there's a single funny female comedian out there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: file.png (2 MB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1500x1000
>ask if there's a single funny female comedian out there after hearing unfunny hack after unfunny hack
>sister recommends Maria Bamford

I've never even heard of her until now, how wrong is she?
>>
she's right
Bramford is fucking insane and awesome
>>
she fucking rules
>>
she's the exception to the rule about women not being funny
>>
File: 82928862.jpg (28 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
82928862.jpg
28 KB, 620x372
I have the biggest crush on her and I don't know why.

How's her Netflix show?
>>
>>71206940
it's silly as fuck
8/10
>>
>>71206105
I've only seen her in T&E and Arrested Development but I thought she was funny.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07G42sYYZxU

she is actually crazy

>>71206940
probably the first good thing Netflix has done in a while
>>
>>71206105
she's not wrong, it doesn't even matter that she's a woman, her comedy is quite original

it's like she still does vagina jokes sometimes but she has TONS of other really funny material delivered in all sorts of funny voices
>>
>>71206105
post pics of your sister pls
>>
No punchline jokes based around denial, delusion or emotional degradation are funny to me when interspersed with observations of absurdity or irony or silly misunderstandings or whatever. But she does the psychiatric humor nonstop. Voices can be kinda funny, but they get old fast--just ask Howie Mandel. She also has HORRIBLE timing. Some people think this heightens the awkwardness of her humor, but the truth is she just steps on her laughs. She's also married with a kid now so she's all normied out. Her early stuff might have been good. I don't know.
>>
>>71207244
this
>>
>>71207251
>he has topics for jokes that he doesn't find funny
>"she married and is all normied out"
opinion invalidated since you clearly have serious autism
>>
>>71207225
>vagina jokes
that seems to be all most female comedians can talk about, i guess that goes for dick jokes for men comedians HOWEVER
>>
1. Your sister is right.
2. I want to fuck your sister.
3. 1 and 2 are unrelated.
4. Tell your sister an internet stranger wants to fuck her.
>>
>>71207532
I didn't say I didn't find mental illness jokes funny. When done right, I think they're great. I was just bothered by the proportion of those jokes that she uses.

And the fact that she's more comfortable with herself now means that she will soon run out of material if she doesn't completely change her style.

I wouldn't call it autism, but maybe part of it is that I have different sensibilities than you when it comes to comedy. Louis C.K. or Patton Oswalt is more my style.

I think there's lots of funny female comedic actos or sketch actors, there are some decent female standups, but I haven't seen any I would consider truly great. Of course, I haven't been paying close attention for several years.
>>
>>71206105
>I just heard of this new comedian I could look up in seconds but could someone please hand over some shitty pre chewed opinions of her so I don't have to use my non existent brain

/tv/ in a nutshell
>>
maria is based

her show on netflix is what arrested development 4 should have been
>>
listen to the unwanted thoughts syndrome show and see if you like it. i think she's very funny
>>
>>71206105

She's okay. Not as funny as most male comedians but at least her punchline isn't always "Have you noticed I'm a woman?"
>>
>>71207185
that's pretty good
>>
>>71207877
>Louis C.K. or Patton Oswalt is more my style.
Oh so you're the most boring man on earth.
>>
>>71208134
Are you saying boring people can't appreciate comedy?
>>
>>71206105
She's easily the best. I mean, I you're going to like any female comedian, it's probably her
>>
well she is actually funny but she's also literally insane so that's like cheating
>>
>>71208258
he's saying Louis and Patton are shit tier taste

literately reddit embodied
if you think they're good you are a boring person
>>
File: emma roberts flaunt photoshoot.jpg (309 KB, 800x1080) Image search: [Google]
emma roberts flaunt photoshoot.jpg
309 KB, 800x1080
>>71208318
all women are crazy, anon
>>
>>71208258
Louis is entry level. Good but nothing spectacular. Patton is just plain mediocre.
>>
>>71206105
Bamford used to be very good but she's really lost a step recently like all the other comics from Comedians of Comedy.

>Oswalt is shit now
>Posehn was never good
>Galifianakis never does stand up anymore
>Bamford is just retreading now

I guess Mirman is still good and he did briefly replace Galifianakis.

Anyway, Bamford's older stuff is good.
>>
>>71206105
i love her because i'm mentally ill
>>
>>71206105
>person tells me to watch something
>instead of doing it, and forming own opinion first ask 4chan what they think
Your a bad person
>>
>>71206105
I've liked her since her guest spot on "New You"
>>
>>71208022
>not as funny as most male comedians
but most comedians aren't funny
>>
If you're wondering exactly how insane she is, listen to her episode on mental illness happy hour.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ymEDL6Z_UI

Bamford is GOAT
>>
>>71206105
Most are just unfunny lesbians.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.