[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've noticed something. The more I watch Marvel movies,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: DMzEZ8A.jpg (137 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
DMzEZ8A.jpg
137 KB, 640x640
I've noticed something. The more I watch Marvel movies, the worse they get. The plot is generic and predictable, the pacing is horrible, characters have no development or real motivations.

Meanwhile DC movies keep getting better. I appreciate the cinematography, the perfect pacing, how the characters change through the movie and how great the villains are.
>>
>>71198145
Great taste.
>>
The MCU is such a profitable, wasteland of nothingness. I had to endure watching the first Avengers movie last week, and everything about it screams "TV movie" apart from the very expensive CGI. The bland point and shoot style, the flat colors, the minute by minute one liners from every fucking character. It wasn't awful, beautiful, exciting, eye roll worthy, or any worthwhile descriptor I can think of. The one I can think of is bland. The Avengers was so goddamn bland.

Joss Whedon's ode to monotonous triviality cost $220 million according to Boxofficemojo, not including the huge fucking advertising budget. That money could've been split up between a variety of veteran auteurs and skilled newcomers, making a wide range of movies in every genre.

Instead we were given the advent of capeshit by a piece of uninteresting human trash who's history of TV directing was exactly that, and who's history of actual comic writing was a disaster every time.
>>
>>71198145

I loved Batman v Superman, and look forward to what is coming, but sadly it's far too early to tell if it will be good overall.

Marvel is odd, in that the 'big' movies play it safe, and are only good for mindless, brain-off, entertainment. Which is fine. Not everything has to be [Insert Intellectual and Artistic film.

However, Guardians was basically all the fun of Star Wars again. Ant-Man was fun and interesting. I still rate Winter Soldier highly. I actually enjoyed Dark World. And the Netflix shows are great.

Marvel is, well, a marvel due to just how big it's getting and the intent to bring it all together in some form in Infinity War. If you watch EVERYTHING, the entire MCU, it will take you over 5 full days of constant watching. That's fucking impressive for a shared setting. I love that about it alone.
>>
>>71198611
I actually liked the Avergers when I saw on the cinema and then I tried to re watch. Holy shit it was so stupid and bland and this is one of their best movies
>>
>>71198145
>Only noticing this now
>>
>>71198613
>I loved Batman v Superman, and look forward to what is coming,
Prepare to be disappointed. They are going full marvel for justice league.
>>
I think the problem with Marvel movies is that they're just pretty much running stories through the mill. Each movie feels like two movies, and it's nothing short of spectacular that the movies are almost coherent considering all the content and characters crammed in.

DC movies, on the other hand, have had space to breathe, to be original, to allow the directors to apply their unique energy to make actual good films, rather than just live action comicbooks. And in my opinion they've totally failed to live up to that task. Nolan sucks, but Snyder is on a whole other level. Batman v Superman was pathetic.
>>
>>71198145
Watching Snyder and WB. try to copy the tone that Nolan established for his Batman movies is embarrassing.
>>
they all shit
>>
>>71198145
Hulk can't lift Thors hammer is that guy retarded ??
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.