[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
'Trigger Warning' Female Action Hero Movie
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11
File: 1426315838184.jpg (30 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
1426315838184.jpg
30 KB, 600x460
>We’ve got a female-driven Ghostbusters, and a female-driven Ocean’s Eleven from Gary Ross and Steven Soderbergh. Why not an action film with a female heroine who’s one part John Wick and one part Rambo?

>Thunder Road has closed a deal for Trigger Warning, a spec script by A History Of Violence scribe Josh Olson and Terminator: Rise of the Machines‘ John Brancato. The script is described as a female First Blood with John Wick thrown in for good measure, where the reluctant heroine reveals herself in a small town.

>https://deadline.com/2016/06/trigger-warning-female-john-wick-thunder-road-josh-olson-john-brancato-1201777570/

Will it be kino?
>>
>>71196409

>Long Kiss Goodnight 2: Electric Boogaloo

Meh
>>
>>71196409
>Why not an action film with a female heroine who’s one part John Wick and one part Rambo?

They have existed before and will continue too

Why are some people acting like this is the first year that women have had lead roles in genre movies
>>
>>71196409
I dig that title and I hope it isn't being too serious.
>>
>gurrrl power movie
>made by men
every single time
>>
Why not a female martial arts movie?
Maybe they could have a Chocolate remake
>>
>The script is described as a female First Blood with John Wick thrown in for good measure, where the reluctant heroine reveals herself in a small town.
Wish people would stop with x meets y high concept stuff, and give a quick synop of character, conflict,etc. Now the movie sounds derivative and gimmicky. Also female action leads have existed for a long time, look at Hong Kong cinema or Cynthia Rothrock. I notice that in current year, people really like to ignore the ground breaking that has occurred in the past. My only hope is that the main antagonist is a female.
https://youtu.be/EbgP6xStktE
>>
So long as it isn't a remake, sure.
>>
File: Oceans 11.png (1 MB, 706x1470) Image search: [Google]
Oceans 11.png
1 MB, 706x1470
>>71196409
I think they are miscasting the female Ocean's 11. I think they also miscast a female Ghost Busters.

Here's my suggestion.
>>
>>71196409
What are the Residential Evil movies?
>>
File: O11.jpg (118 KB, 717x455) Image search: [Google]
O11.jpg
118 KB, 717x455
>>71196767
>>
>>71196409
>where the reluctant heroine reveals herself in a small town.

Hillbilly crackers confirmed as dead as fuck in this movie
>>
>>71196879
That's probably what they'll do, and it'll suck. It's not the women themselves, it's the way they cast these movies and I'm sure the script won't be very good either.

In my pic it has just enough draw and diversity where it isn't complete garbage. You got actresses that people actually like.
>>
>>71196880
>white people will be the bad guys
it's 2016 what the fuck do you expect?
>>
File: die-hard-poster1.jpg (538 KB, 984x1500) Image search: [Google]
die-hard-poster1.jpg
538 KB, 984x1500
Recast Die Hard with the genders reversed. I just can't picture women being able to go back and forth over the comms like John and Hans did. Also would a woman really go through all that trouble to rob millions? I personally think female villains are harder to get right in the action genre than heroines.
>>
>>71196767
I like Betty White, she should make a hero movie alone.
>>
>>71196409
>Why not an action film with a female heroine who’s one part John Wick and one part Rambo?
It's called Kill Bill.

It worked because she was a mother avenging her daughter. It was a feminine dive that made her fight, that's why it worked and never came across as shitty feminist pandering.

"Female Rambo" gets you shit like Salt. Or any forgettable schlock where Angelina Jolie beats up six Navy SEALs.
>>
>>71197072
>female villains are harder to get right in the action genre than heroines.
well you cant have a male hero beat up a woman.

Batman and Robin had a female villain Poison Ivy and they had to shoehorn it's me Barbara just to fight her.
>>
>>71197564
James Bond killed some female villains, I don't remember if he beats them up literally though.
>>
>>71196409
didn't we already have this with Linda Hamilton in T2
>>
>>71197564
>well you cant have a male hero beat up a woman

that's the bullshit that comes with women not wanting to be treated equal but special. If woman really want to be equal to men woman a man beating the shit out of a man or woman should be the same, as long as a man doing something to a woman is considered "worse" they will never be equal to men
>>
>>71197072
>>71197564
John McClain actually kills a woman in 4.0
>>
>>71199107

He also killed Simon and his bitch in 3.
>>
>>71196409

>one part John Wick

This movie will probably be shit but the fact that there are people who pitch their movie as "like John Wick but" makes me happy. I'm glad it's influential
>>
File: Hans_Gruber.png (524 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
Hans_Gruber.png
524 KB, 640x800
>>71199107
It was surprisingly brutal if I recall correctly. She was rammed with a truck that went down an elevator shaft. I'm looking for female as the main head honcho, not as a henchmen, somewhat like MAMA from Dredd. It's not ridiculous that a woman would orchestrate an elobate ruse for over half a billion dollars in profit right?
>>
File: DNJamesBond41.jpg (25 KB, 316x400) Image search: [Google]
DNJamesBond41.jpg
25 KB, 316x400
>>71197711
You better fuckin believe he did.
>>
>>71197711
>I don't remember if he beats them up literally though.
They die from the Sexually transmitted diseases he gives them, he of course has built up an immunity.
>>
>>71196409
because woman actors don't lift like male actors.
>>
File: Kill-bill-vol-1.jpg (322 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Kill-bill-vol-1.jpg
322 KB, 1000x1500
>>71196409
Who gives a fuck. A chick Rambo could work. It's got nothing to do with the lead being female (and don't give me fucking whiteknighting etc)

More to do with the quality of the plot/director etc etc.

Eg. A female lead in a good movie VS.......
>>
File: 1301513846_Ultraviolet.jpg (75 KB, 400x583) Image search: [Google]
1301513846_Ultraviolet.jpg
75 KB, 400x583
>>71200316
This piece of shit or...
>>
>>71200316
Depends highly on what Rambo you're talking about, because a chick First Blood literally cannot work.
>>
File: Kill-Bill-Volume-2.jpg (203 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
Kill-Bill-Volume-2.jpg
203 KB, 1000x1500
>>71200351
Even this for arguments sake. (Slightly inferior to the first imo)

What makes a female lead good?
>>
>>71200409
>What makes a female lead good?
Same shitting thing that makes a male character good. Seriously, a good character is a good character. Sex, age, race, etc. don't matter as to whether or not the character is good.

Now motivations might not be relatable, but that's a different manner.
>>
>>71196409
>Trigger Warning
Holy fuck
>>
hiroshima, please wordfilter kino to shit, tia.
>>
>>71200368
It could work, but you remember the scene in which Rambo snaps? I think a sexual(I'm aware how sexist this sounds) subtext to such a moment would be the spark that ignites the keg. You could use a female "first blood" as a critique of the effects of sexual assault that occurs in the military .A war heroine whose rape by her colleagues is swept under the rug because of p.r. or whatever.
>>
>white girl goes to UAE
>gets thrown in prison for wearing a bikini
>goes full rambo killing mudslimes wearing a confederate flag bikini
>>
>>71200818
Nah, you'd literally have to change everything about that movie, seriously to the point of it being a wholly different movie to set it up.

First Blood was the intersection of anti-anti Viet Nam, PTSD, and homelessness, which you won't be able to pull enough of to make anything more than the most tenuous of callbacks to the original.

Like I'm not disputing a movie like what you're saying wouldn't work (I kinda want to see it happen), just that even if it were given the name First Blood, that'll be the only real link.

Rambo II, III the reboot? Sure, why the hell not?
>>
So what, it's about a feminazi going on a gun rampage after being triggered?
Wonder what kind of characters they would make her kill in the movie.
>>
>>71197482
>It worked because she was a mother avenging her daughter. It was a feminine dive that made her fight
All the best female action movies are about motherhood, Lady Snowblood, Kill Bill, Aliens, Last Kiss Goodnight...

It's also why females are the default protagonists in horror films, it seems, they're the best victim-gone-survivor archetype. On that subject, you never hear anybody complain that most horror classics have female protags and should be remade and recast with male ones.

It really pisses off neo-feminists though, this idea that their nature-given goal on this Earth is breeding and looking after their offspring.

What I also don't get, is all the female-cast reboots are still being written and directed by men. If women are so powerful, why can't they be the ones in charge creatively?
>>
>>71201444
What about Red Sonja, Point of No Return/La Femme Nikita, Columbiana, and possibly others I can't think of right now?
>>
>>71201611
I said best. Those are shit. The Luc Besson formula to action movies is especially shit, no matter if it's a guy or a girl.
>>
fury road was a female remake and you faggots love it
>>
>>71201931
Columbiana is shit?
>>
I thought about this before.

I would be sincerely interested in a film with a totally operator chick kicking ass. And not in a ridiculous black widow way
>>
>>71201961
Remake of what?
>>
>>71197072
Good point, as soon as there is any violence against a woman on screen suddenly they are glorifying misogyny, see all the bullshit over the X-Men poster.

Reminds me that there was the hotel room fight with Perkins in John Wick, plus she got a bullet bukkake at the end, that movie was so based.
>>
>>71197564
Someone's never watched the protector.
He fucking kicks her out of a helicopter
>>
>>71202616
Asians have a long history of including women as more than eye candy in their action fiction, something I would like to know the origins of.
>>
>>71196409
Females are pathetic and unconvincing action starsand require hilarious amounts of editing and camera tricks to hide it
>>
At least it isn't stealing some other franchise.
>>
>>71203680
But they literally said it's Rambo meets John Wick but for goils.
>>
>>71205332
Maybe he meant something like the upcoming Ghostbusters.
>>
>>71196409
Holy shit, Trigger Warning is the actual title, wow, is it gunna turn out to be a parody?
>>
>>71205884
God it would be god tier if it was straight build up to action then during the first shoot out the main chick says to the bad guys " can you please use silencers, loud noises like clapping can trigger people, it's very insensitive you cis-whit-male-fuck"
>>
>>71196409
>The script is described as a female First Blood with John Wick thrown in for good measure, where the reluctant heroine reveals herself in a small town.

And it's going to star someone like Emelia Clarke, because Hollywood is utterly retarded.

> We’ve got a female-driven Ghostbusters, and a female-driven Ocean’s Eleven from Gary Ross and Steven Soderbergh. Why not an action film with a female heroine who’s one part John Wick and one part Rambo?

Or, and hear me out here, what if.. guys.. guys what if -- are you sitting down?
What IF
We
Made a female led movie..
..that wasn't a repurposed male script?
>>
File: 1405663851767.jpg (48 KB, 680x401) Image search: [Google]
1405663851767.jpg
48 KB, 680x401
>>71196409
>Terminator: Rise of the Machines‘ John Brancato

nah but honestly it sounds pretty dope

that's the kinda shit this new 'all female remake' fad should be doing
>>
>>71196510
>some people
>some

PHEEEEW IT'S A GOOD THING YOU SPECIFIED OR I WOULDA CALLED YOU THE FUCK OUT
>acting like this is the first year that women have had lead roles in genre movies
ANYWAY THAT'S EXACTLY THE PROBLEM RIGHT THERE.
IF PEOPLE DIDN'T APPROACH THIS SHIT WITH THE PRETENSE THAT THEY HAVE TO BREAK DOWN THE FUCKING WALLS EVERY TIME AND JUST RELAX AND LET THE WRITING SPEAK FOR ITSELF WE'D PROBABLY GET THOSE FUCKING MOVIES AGAIN.
>>
>>71205332

right?
it's like two other movies
or is it going to literally be gianna wick walking into oregon-town post-'nam and busting out of jail to free her cat from mobsters?
>>
WOW, they got the Terminator: Rise of the Machines guy? How can they lose!!
>>
WHY THEY DONT UNDERSTAND THAT THESE GIRL FLICKS WILL ALWAYS BE HOMAGES!! THERE'S LITERALLY NO SOUL IN THEM!
>>
>>71206265
fucking kekity kek
>>
>>71206265
9/10 not bad anon
>>
>>71201970
>Columbiana is shit?
As far as wonnyn-empowerment goes, it is shit.
Besson has a fetish for brunette bimbos with guns, and that's about as far as he's willing to go. He can produce or direct an okay flick, but even the most superficial femshit will ignore his work.
>>
File: 3276481982764.png (39 KB, 225x169) Image search: [Google]
3276481982764.png
39 KB, 225x169
>>71196409
>"Trigger Warning"

Right...Seems...a tad on the nose there, considering where this article is being posted.
>>
>>71206265
God I hope so that would be fucking hilarious
>>
>>71206265
kek if that happened I would for the first time clap as loud as possible in the cinema
>>
>>71206292
oh god, unless we get to see thick Emilia nude some more, keep her in films I will never see again please Hollywood, like Me before You or whatever, fuck put her in the female Ghostbusters or Oceans 11
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.