[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well I don't think any of us were expecting that.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: dudesharkslmao.png (219 KB, 764x398) Image search: [Google]
dudesharkslmao.png
219 KB, 764x398
Well I don't think any of us were expecting that.
>>
My boss has dubbed the movie "Oh god! Swim, Bitch! Swim!" I expected halfway entertaining shlock, but apparently it's actually pretty good. I am actually looking forward to seeing this tomorrow.
>>
>>71195056
Thank god. I really wanted to see that and was really hoping I'd enjoy it even if it was a guilty pleasure. Now I can enjoy it with no shame
>>
>>71195538
That's the best alt title I've ever heard
>>
Minus Blake Lively, it looked like it had the potential to be very fucking tense. I guess it's just gonna be a more aggressive Open Water, which I'm fine with. Pretty excited to see it.
>>
>>71195056
Expecting what a 6/10 barely above average film?
>>
>>71195056
What is it about murky waters and huge shadows beneath that just trigger me so hard?

I know I may not be the only one with this phobia but I have actual cold sweat nightmares about scenes like this.
>>
File: 1464928651840.jpg (76 KB, 482x475) Image search: [Google]
1464928651840.jpg
76 KB, 482x475
>>71195056
Since when does this board care about RT scores?

You're above this, /tv/
>>
Most films with this set up are good.

Open Water 1 & 2 are surprisingly watchable and they had like $15 budgets.
>>
File: image.jpg (31 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31 KB, 480x360
>>71196594
>being afraid of seaweed
The ocean is scary in general though.
>>
>>71196266
I agree. It has functionally replaced the movie's title in my head at this point.
>>
>>71196594
It's not our element. We're slow as fuck in the water, and it remains largely unexplored so your mind is able to fill in a lot of blanks with scary bullshit.
>>
>>71197731
This.

We are powerhouses on land, and we are durable as fuck. In water we're slow, weak, and if you hurt us we just drain away into the water, which just so happens to attract giant toothbeasts that we have no business being near.

On land we can improvise and put up a fight, in the water we might as well be dodos.
>>
>>71196423
Most horror movies nowadays are 3/10 or 4/10. The genre's a fucking joke.
>>
>>71195056

anyone who knows anything about film was expecting it would receive a good response

the director is hugely talented, he just happens to make movies that are usually dismissed as genre trash. some of his are pretty empty concoctions but they're so well-made and entertaining that it doesn't really matter.

I am very hyped for this.
>>
>>71198948

Any time the horror genre does anything new (Babadook, It Follows, The Witch), all the plebs just cry how they're garbage anyway.

The horrorplebs are the reason the genre is dead. They have no idea what even makes a film good. They just have this delusional expectation to be scared from a movie which literally can't happen past the age of 8.
>>
>>71196627
it's a side effect of the Marvelkeks invading our board

they've been flaunting the critical reception of their shitty broad-appeal flicks for months
>>
I knew that even if the movie was shit, the trailer was pretty well crafted
>>
>>71201198
I would agree with you but I can't because Babadook was utter fucking shit. I didn't mind your other examples (which both have flaws but were still at least watchable) but seriously fuck Babadook. Fucking garbage.
>>
>>71198209

>powerhouses

I wouldn't go that far, anon. Take us away from society and we're pretty feeble. Take a bear away from its habitat and it's still a bear. Chances are it's still gonna kill something

>>71196627

Where do you think you are?
>>
>>71195056
I wasn't expecting this, no. But I was hoping for it.

There hasn't been a good shark movie since the first Jaws. It's been due.
>>
If there is a single moment that gives me as much dread as this still, I will consider it a success, at least among modern horror.
>>
>>71201739
I mean, I didn't think the Babadook was horrible. I think it had the very common issue of being marketed poorly. It was supposed to be some terrifying film that exceeds expectations, when in reality it was more of a psychological thriller.
When viewed from this lens I find the film is much more enjoyable.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.