[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies you thought were kinda cool but on second viewing are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: inception_xlg.jpg (315 KB, 1014x1500) Image search: [Google]
inception_xlg.jpg
315 KB, 1014x1500
Movies you thought were kinda cool but on second viewing are actually just dumb as hell
>>
>>71193100
itt: sheep that can't realize they're idiots.
>>
>>71193142
let me explain it for you,
at first you liked it only because you followed the bandwagon,
then once that "fad" passed, you then had to reflect and realize YOU HAD NO IDEA WHAT HAPPENED AND STILL DON'T

but yeah, the movie is stupid, YOU'RE THE COLLEGE GRADUATE!
>>
File: p163191_p_v7_aa.jpg (150 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
p163191_p_v7_aa.jpg
150 KB, 480x720
I was suckered by the visuals. Only the second time did I realize that it was laughably corny.
>>
>>71193100
Children of Men big time.

Nothing wrong with this, btw, some movies are just meant to be that one-time thrill. Children of Men, Drive, Inception, these were all great move experiences for me, but only Drive has maintained any kind of substantial hold on me, probably because it's so stylized and Gosling is such a cypher.
>>
>>71193245
>Only the second time did I realize that it was laughably corn
are ou retarded? Of course it's corny, as corny as it gets (which is intentional btw).
It's still breathtaking
Best Snyder movie by a long shot.
>>
>>71193256
That's cause they're plot driven and have very little to care for in terms of character development.
>>
>>71193100
Anon >>71193423 is right.
You could just have named the thread "plot driven movies".
>>
>>71193423
There's more to those movies than simply being plot driven, both are visual spectacles and have moments of bravura filmmaking.
>>
In Inception, the dude spins the top and sees his kids. He is not dreaming because if he was, he wouldn't have been able to remember his kids faces to have them in his dream.
>>
>>71193668
Not to mention the fact that the movies rely so much on twists and keeping you wondering what's going to happen next. On rewatch you already know everything that happens so the suspense dies.
>>
In Inception, how the fuck do people even know what someone else is dreaming? It doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>71193100
The Crow. The ending didn't even make sense. The head bad guy didn't even gang-rape Brandon Lee's gf.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.