[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you realize GoT will be the biggest trainwrek in history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12
File: dnd.png (331 KB, 482x383) Image search: [Google]
dnd.png
331 KB, 482x383
>GRRM has 15 episodes to make Night King an established character with motives, move him past the wall and to king's landing to clash with the Fire god's champion.
>GRRM has 15 episodes to remove the mystery around the 'fire' in a song of ice and fire and set up a character to challenge the 'ice' or night king
>GRRM has 15 episodes to get Dany to Westoroes, beat some armies, get Dany to KIng's Landing confront the Lannisters and bring closure to the arc
>GRRM has 15 episodes to some how begin exposition climax and conclusion to a nwe Arya Stark story
>GRRM has 15 episodes to some how introduce a goal for Bran Stark and benjin, create rising action, climax and conclusion in a satisfying way that also brings him back to the original story of his father getting killed.
>GRRM has 15 episodes left to climax the High Sparrow/Tommen story line bring it to a meaningful conclusion and then reintroduce Dany to the equation before the story reaches a satasfying conclusion
>GRRM has 15 episodes left to somehow tie all of this together
>GRRM has 15 episodes to bring Ned's death and events of Robert's Rebellion to satisfying conclusion.

This show is fucked.

>DnD waste about 10 minutes an episode showing joke telling between two minor irrelevant servants and Tyrion
>DnD waste about 10 minutes an episode promoting homosexuality
>DnD waste about 10 minutes an episode on girl power

This series is turning into a shit show real fast.
>>
>you just realized these hacks are doomed idiots
kek
>>
>DnD waste about 10 minutes an episode showing joke telling between two minor irrelevant servants and Tyrion
Makes me so fucking sick. Fucking Prequel tier shit of people doing nothing while talking about nothing. Who's the target audience really?
>>
>>71187682
they will nail it
>>
>>71187682
>GRRM

Has completely different problems.

Like, what the hell is he even going to do with Dany, now that Aegon is already leading the Targaryen Invasion plot?

Maybe Daenerys will just skip the Iron Throne Bowl all along and enter the finale plot, I dunno.
>>
File: LucasLaughing.jpg (36 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
LucasLaughing.jpg
36 KB, 600x400
>>71188303
>Fucking Prequel tier shit of people doing nothing while talking about nothing.
That meme again.

I shuppose you hated the Moff Meeting from ANH and the Many Bothans scene from ROTJ too, eh? Because those serve exactly the same purpose as the senate scenes: spelling out the "rules" of the universe.
>>
>>71187682
how did jews get control of holleywood when they can't write for shit?
>>
>>71187682
What does GRRM has to do with HBO's TV show? And isn't there only 11 episodes left? Or is the next season going to have 14 episodes?
>>
For real though, how the fuck are they going to tie everything up within 15 more episodes? I stopped watching after season 2, and started watching whatever season this is (6?). Everything dragged on for far too long and they don't have enough time to finish everything off.
>>
>>71187682
>When did you realize GoT will be the biggest trainwrek in history of TV?
When it began. Making a miniseries out of a story that was not finished simply spelled disaster.

GRRM is notoriously slow. I knew he'd never finish in time.

DnD are tv show runners. They don't give a fuck about the story. They want scenes that attract as many viewers as possible.

Fuck 'em both.
>>
What's the problem? Don't they have essentially unlimited seasons and episodes to do this stuff? GoT the TV show is just a darker version of Seinfeld.
>>
>>71189600
old contracts expire soon
they don't want to get jewed by the main actors
>>
The thing that drives me nuts is how they feel the need to cram every story into every episode so we basically get a small scene of each that means nothing. The only times stories have satisfying/meaningful advancement is when an episode spends at least 15 minutes on it. An episode should ideally have 3 narratives, at most 4.
>>
>>71188899
Because when the gentiles were busy breaking their backs building this country's infrastructure, the Jews swept in and

>"ECH, YOU DONT EVA VERK WIT YOUR HANDS LIL MORDECHAI, YOU VERK WIT DA DESK AND DA NUMBERS, ECH"

They basically low-balled America by overtaking the media machine, the same way they low-balled Germany before Hitler put a stop to the madness.
>>
File: _79630637_alamydt7hcy[1].jpg (36 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
_79630637_alamydt7hcy[1].jpg
36 KB, 660x371
>>71187682
>to make Night King an established character with motives

yeah god forbid that they forget to do that
>>
ITT: people who don't know about the plot twist in the next episode.

2 of Dany's dragons get stolen by the Faceless Men who are the actual primary villains, they want to use them to destroy the Wall and give Westeros to their god. why do you think Tyrion is telling a depressed Dany "the great game is terrifying" in the preview

Basically Act 3 starts on Sunday. It's not going to be a tying up of plots it's going to sweep through them all with a huge scythe.
>>
>>71189708
Even the main actors have t realize that by just pulling out at this juncture would likely kill any career they might have in the future, contract or no.

Pretty sad though that this show might be HBO's last hurrah for a good long while (no really, it will be,) yet they won't put up sufficient budget to keep their talent happy while greenlighting two more FULL seasons of the show. You know they have the cash to fucking do it if they wanted to.

though, even with two full seasons, they've already dicked around too much bringing Winter to the world. any "long night" shit that happens n the show (if it happens at all) will probably only last like a month on planetos or some shit, unless they go the apocalypse route which they definitely won't since the show is now completely run by redditfag D&D who seem more interested in turning it into LotR 2
>>
>>71187682
>GRRM has 15 episodes left to climax the High Sparrow/Tommen story line bring it to a meaningful conclusion and then reintroduce Dany to the equation before the story reaches a satasfying conclusion
but that concludes next episode anon
and it's not cleganebowl ;_;
>>
>>71189919
>said no source ever
>>
File: drakeposter.png (279 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
drakeposter.png
279 KB, 680x453
>>71189517
>Dany is gonna get to westeros and star her claim
>Lannisters are gonna be weakened because of whatever stupid thing cercei pull next
>Civil war on King's Landing
>Halfway trhough the season the black watch is destroyed by NK
>One maybe 2 of dany's dragons die and are brought back by NK
>Dany somehow unites the 7 kingdoms by being a bossy asshole
>final fight is gonna be some LOTR type shit with hundreds of people and dragons flying everywhere while Sam and Bran finds some deus ex machina that will break the NK's spell and kill all the wighs
>Everyone says dany should be queen because grll powah
>everyone that isn't a feminist soccermomo will roll their eyes like ferris wheels
>Directed by: D&D
>>
>>71188590
In the books, I don't think Daenerys will ever leave Essos. I think she is just going to remake the empire of Valyria because of muh slaves and equal rights.
>>
File: peeny_dreadman.jpg (152 KB, 1300x867) Image search: [Google]
peeny_dreadman.jpg
152 KB, 1300x867
Is it me, or is the Golden Age of Tee Vee finally coming to a messy and abrupt end? A lot of shows are not only ending, but they are ending so abruptly and so sloppily that you almost have to wonder if there is something bigger behind it. Like Dracula.
>>
>>71188590
Sunset
Found
Her
Squatting
>>
>>71190201
This is actually very plausible, unfortunately.
>>
Do you guys think they'll make it so either Sansa or Dany will end up being Queen just to pander to the feminists, or will they let a male be the victor? I wonder what GRRM told them.

Jon probably won't end up being King, and from what I remember Jaime doesn't have an interest in being King. Tyrion probably won't be King because he's a dwarf.

Will there even be a King or Queen, or will the White Walkers kill everyone?
>>
File: heebiejeebies.png (235 KB, 357x527) Image search: [Google]
heebiejeebies.png
235 KB, 357x527
>>71190254
>GoT = ending
>Penny Dreadful = done
>Leftovers = on life support, then done
>Hannibal = dead
>Banshee = dead
>Black Sails = wouldn't be surprised if after this next truncated season they say "lol it's over"

It's all circling the drain. All that will be left is daytime TV for fat women, prime time reality shows for fat women, and Le Epin Stronk Feminist shows for fat women.
>>
>>71189445
HE HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH THE SHOW
>>
I tried watching some of the latest episode while I was waiting for Silicon Valley this Sunday. What the fuck is wrong with you people? It's so fucking boring, what the hell do you get out of it?
>>
>>71190504
In the books, Im pretty certain Littlefinger will emerge the 'victor' by becoming the head of a newly formed Republic
>>
>>71190678
It's pretty much a decaying story sitting on top of an interesting world and mythos, that's why I like it at least, though the new episodes are really painfull to watch
>>
why only 15? I thought there were 2 seasons (20 + 1 next week) left
>>
>>71190835

DnD are too lazy to come up with full seasons/have no more story from Grrm to write that many episodes.
>>
>>71188590
The only problem George is dealing with these days is what he's going to have for dinner.

Anyone who thinks he's ever going to finish another Song of Ice and Fire book is delusional.
>>
>>71188899
All the best American movies were made by Jews thought
>>
>>71189812
>what is lotr prologue
bye
>>
>>71190656
no, he doesn't even write 1 episode per season anymore
>>
File: 08-got-kid-deaths-3.w529.h529.jpg (105 KB, 529x529) Image search: [Google]
08-got-kid-deaths-3.w529.h529.jpg
105 KB, 529x529
I don't know why they're shooting for shorter seasons. Maybe they're also planning for a movie? I can see them trying to milk as much money out of this as possible
>>
>>71187682
They have 15 hours, about the same time as the Entire LOTR EXTENDED trilogy.

They can do it, if they try. Let's hope they do
>>
>>71190254
>penny dreadful
what the fuck was that ending
>>
>>71189919
I call bullshit on that, OP.

If anyone is going to steal a dragon, then it's going to be Euron. So far he is underpowered as a villain, so they need to give him dragonbinder, just like in the books.
>>
>>71192006
They can't make a movie unless they leave out a lot of details, unless the movie is the equivalent to something like the two final episodes of a season.
>>
>>71192532
Yeah, that's what I'm assuming it'd be like. End the series before the final battle (assuming there is one) and aftermath and finish it off with a movie
>>
>>71189734
yeah it's especially bad when they jump to a setting/character they haven't yet covered at the very end of the episode just to fit a memorable ending in
>>
>>71188899
Money
>>
>>71187682
Non issue. Zombies are just generic evil experiment gone wrong. No need for development. Dany helps Jon beat them with her League of Extraordinary Women. That's it done. Boring but done.
>>
>>71190046
you realize that the budget is going to stay the same, but they are decreasing the amount of episodes per season in order to increase the amount of money they can spend on, and therefore the quality of, each episode?

I agree that there has been a slight dip in quality since season 4, but to call the show terrible or even bad is unfair. A lot of criticism i see on here, and from normies, can be boiled down to 'muh books', and the few valid points of criticism aren't really enough to diminish the overall experience for me or most people I talk to.

We're at the endgame and there's no way that all of you fucks are going to quit watching now that we're so close. These threads could be fun. We should just stop bitching and just enjoy the ride.
>>
>>71192115
The ending was
>dreadful
>>
>>71193276
budget restraints were hardly ever the problem with episodes.

fuck off back to red dit, red ditor. i see you
>>
>>71193276
>'muh books'
muh books is when there's a small change, or a storyline is cut out for streamlining.

Butchering characters in a way that makes them less interesting, is just bad. Having shitty waste of time scenes are just bad. Cutting out previously mentioned areas of the story (Tysha) for the sole reason that they believe you are a retarded monkey who can't remember anything, (although you haven't proved them wrong) is bad.

>If you ignore all the bad things its 10/10 fun show
Wow holy shit why has no one discovered this secret before

If you just switch off your taste, and find a way for boring shit to entertain you every show becomes a 10/10! What a trick!
>>
File: ss+(2016-03-03+at+11.12.44).png (24 KB, 175x164) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-03-03+at+11.12.44).png
24 KB, 175x164
>>71188303

>mfw the friends I watched those episodes with howled like monkeys that the joke telling scene and loudly proclaimef Tyrion to be the best character in Game of Thrones.
>>
File: george-r-r-martin.jpg (39 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
george-r-r-martin.jpg
39 KB, 600x600
>>71191534
>The only problem George is dealing with these days is what he's going to have for dinner.

*MUNCH MUNCH*

Hmm? You wanted to know about the book? Well, I don't know, all I can think of is SALAD DRESSING. I FUCKING LOVE SALAD DRESSING. I FILL MY PIEHOLE WITH MAYONNAISE EVERY FUCKING DAY. DO YOU LOVE MAYONNAISE, GUYS? I FUCKING LOVE MAYONNAISE. I SLURP, AND SLURP, AND SLURP THE SALTY GOODNESS WHILE IT RUNS DOWN ON MY CHEEKS AND DOWN MY NECK LIKE THE SEED OF A THOUSAND DORNISHMEN. I FILL MY MOUTH WITH SOUR CREAM SO MUCH I CANNOT FEEL THE SOURNESS. I FUCKING LOVE FOOD SO MUCH. I CONSUME LOADS AND LOADS OF RANCH DRESSING EVERY SINGLE DAY AS MY STOMACH BECOMES THE WORLD WHILE I AM OF THE NIGHT.
>>
>>71193757
None of the jokes in that scene were even close to good. Fuck do these people really exist? Are normies real?
>>
The writing went to complete shit when they exhausted the source material.
>>
File: 11321657.png (5 KB, 202x236) Image search: [Google]
11321657.png
5 KB, 202x236
>>71193757
>tfw I said to some friends who also watch GoT that Tyrion got worse every season as a character
>they're yelling loudly in disbelief that I could say something like that
>Their favorite characters are either Tyrion, Dany or Jon

Fucking normies, I swear
>>
GRRM doesn't have to do any of that shit.
D&D have.
GRRM has 2 books to do all that.
>>
>>71194078
The writing was always shit, it has been a butchering of the source material since season 2.
It's just that the underlying structure of GRRM's work held together their Frankenstein's monster of shit writing. As soon as they lost that their full level of shit poured out.
>>
>>71190523
>All that will be left is daytime TV for fat women, prime time reality shows for fat women, and Le Epin Stronk Feminist shows for fat women.

This.

Television is pretty much dead, and has been for awhile now.

Film is going the same route, and it seems like the only audience they want is the 14 year old neckbeard / 30 year old beta manchild / SJW feminist market.
>>
>>71194376
The mediums aren't the thing dying it's our culture that's deteriorating.

A medium can't die but the people using it can become
>14 year old neckbeards / 30 year old beta manchildren / SJW's
>>
>>71194536
>it's our culture that's deteriorating.

Fair enough.
>>
>>
>>71187682
The series finale will be a cliff hanger and "all will be answered" in a theatrical movie that will come in two parts. You think HBO will want the GoT gravy train to end anytime soon? The last episode was their highest rated episode ever. They will milk this for all its worth.
>>
File: just like you.gif (10 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
just like you.gif
10 KB, 501x585
>>71195577
BRILLIANT!
>>
>>71188899
checked
>>
>>71188899

By discriminating against non-Jews, the way they always have.
>>
>>71193757
I rather be alone than hanging out with normies
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.