[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wes Anderson
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: yGlMQ.png (664 KB, 1334x284) Image search: [Google]
yGlMQ.png
664 KB, 1334x284
What do I watch first guys?
>>
>>71185686
I bet you enjoy the films of Wes Anderson
>>
>>71185686
I've seen Budapest, Moonrise, Tenenbaums, Life Aquatic (which I loved but I always see people say it's his worst), and Bottle Rocket.

Am I missing out /tv/ should I watch the rest?
>>
File: wes-anderson-over-time.jpg (261 KB, 1760x831) Image search: [Google]
wes-anderson-over-time.jpg
261 KB, 1760x831
>>71186242
>>
Rushmore and Life Aquatic are his only two good films imo, but they're at best 2.5/5
>>
>>71186563
Why does everyone think Life Aquatic is bad? Is it just some 4chan shit that it had too much "normie appeal" or something?
>>
>>71186654
it's the one that is most blatantly a comedy, maybe? I don't know, I don't get the hate either.

could also be because it marks the beginning of wes anderson making movies that feel like caricatures of themselves.

Which can go either way really, I thought both moonrise and gbh were very guilty of this but found it to be charming in gbh and grating in moonrise kingdom
>>
Whatever one you want since they're all pleb pandering garbage.
>>
Grand Budapest is the only time in his filmography when his obnoxious style suited and improved the story and setting. So watch that one
>>
>>71186654
it's quite divisive, most people either think it's his best or his worst.
>>
fantastic mr fox
>>
You should watch the Squid and the Whale never because it's awful and it's not Anderson
>>
>>71186654
its the one most normies find bad
so its really just these plebs exposing themselves
>>
>>71185686
Rushmore and Fantasic Mr. Fox are his best films, Moonrise Kingdom and The Grand Budapest Hotel are next. The rest are shit except for the Royal Tenenbaums, which I can't make mind up about.
>>
>>71187648
The average /tv/ users logic, everyone. Take it in
>>
>>71187648
Wait so you're telling me I'm actually superior for liking it? Oh thank god I was worried there for a sec.

Haha get fucked plebs.
>>
Tenenbaums is his most well rounded and definitive movie. It's got the quirk, the sentiment, the dark edges, the music, the major familial themes in all his films
>>
Grand Budapest Hotel is fantastic.
>>
>>71185686
grand budapest is literally the coziest film of all time
>>
>>71187730
I've always found Tenenbaums to be his peak as well but certainly not the wes anderson movie I would recommend to most people
>>
>>71187779
>the coziest film of all time

That's Jaws
>>
>>71186242
rushmore is one of his best (and holds up great as time goes on) and fantastic mr fox is also well worth checking out for the mindless fun

darjeeling is probably my least favourite but it's still a decent movie and chicks seem to like it more than the rest of wes anderson stuff
>>
>>71186654
I think it's got the opposite. It's actually his biggest budget movie and I see it as the best representation of his style, specifically not normie. Closest to that is GBH, which I think he took a similar approach but he diluted it so that it would be more understandable to normies and wouldn't flop in the box office like zissou did.

>>71185686
Watch Grand Budapest or moonrise kingdom if it's your first time op.
>>
>>71186242
Life Aquatic was good but holy hell that films pacing was terrible.

They establish that they need to go out to sea but yet it takes over 30 minutes of screen time to finally go out, but yet again with any Andseron film the colors are vibrant and amazing.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.