[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm your dream, mind astray I'm your eyes while you're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1
File: truth.png (14 KB, 557x557) Image search: [Google]
truth.png
14 KB, 557x557
I'm your dream, mind astray
I'm your eyes while you're away
I'm your pain while you repay
>>
I've been saying this since it was on but normies seem to think its the best season.
>>
>>71185118
Granite State was one of the best episodes the show ever had, but yes, that image is true.
>>
>>71185118
it was suitable to the entire show.
big build up with a massive let down. literally damp squib: the show
>>
>>71185118
Nice, Metallica!! I love that album, it was all I listened to as a kid!
>>
>>71185636
you were the kid that real Metallica fans hated with a passion.
>>
>>71185665
Cause real metallica fans only like the first few albums and hate the band after that right?
>>
>>71185706
yes you faggot watch a documentary every once in awhile.
>>
>>71185729
Which documentary?
>>
>>71185745
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy:_The_Story_of_Metal
>>
>>71185729
Metallica is for children and alcoholics

Ozymandias is one of the greatest if not the greatest episode in the series.
>>
>>71185838
>Metallica is for children and alcoholics
Metallica at its peak was for alcoholics, then it became for children. and Ozymandias was a trash episode full of shitty contrivances much like that whole season. don't get me started on some of the shit in the last eight episodes, please.
>>
>>71185792
I've watched that one.
>>
>>71185868
>Metallica at its peak was for alcoholics, then it became for children.

Thank you for agreeing with exactly what I just said.
>>
>>71185118
The finale was better than most show's finales I would say.

The aryan brotherhood guys were lame as the "final boss" cause they were kinda rushed in but overall I liked how Walter's story ended.

People bitch that things worked out to well for him but I was ok with it bcause he was finally honest with Skylar/himself in the end. The "I did it for me" scene was my favorite part of the whole show.

I think /tv/ just doesn't like cathartic endings, even though it's what people want, and instead think everything should end like The Sopranos.

>le ebin fade to black! xD it's too deep for normies!
>>
>>71186403
>>le ebin fade to black!
It was a cut to black you troglodyte
>>
>>71186467
Oh excuse me I'm sorry.

This is also why people bitch about the TD S1 ending, you guys don't like endings that leave the viewer satisfied you just want lots of unresolved shit that pisses people off so you can pretend you're superior for liking it and don't need all the loose ends tied up.
>>
>>71185838
Yeah but it was in the weakest season. It also relied on a shitload of shock value
>>
>>71186576
>START LIKING WHAT I LIKE
Get a life you loser. These endings are mass-appeal and easy because faggots like you get scared of mystery and ambiguity. You just want the same damn thing every year. I bet you enjoy comic book movies too.
>>
>>71186632
But ya'll do the same thing you shit on anything other people like relentlessly.

For as much as Reddit is mocked on here for being an echo chamber this place is no better it's just a different echo.
>>
>>71186576
Breaking Bads ending just felt very predictable and cookie-cutter
>>71186726
God forbid someone points out the flaws in a wildly popular TV show, right?
>>
>>71186726
Oh god lighten up you faggot. Breaking Bad is a dogshit show and you're lying to yourself if you think otherwise. It's literally been forgotten by everyone. Better Call Saul will be the same when it finally ends.
>>
>reddit started liking it in season 5 so it must be bad!
>>
>>71186726
Reddits voting system makes it much, much worse. And yes, Breaking Bad is overrated, as are many other shows.
>>
>>71186803
It started getting bad in season 5 to be fair. That season felt like a different show. Should have ended with 4.
>>
>>71186836
season 5 had faults but the end of season 4 would have been a terrible series finale
>>
>>71186467
>fade to black

Another awesome Metallica reference!
>>
>>71185118
breaking bad didn't have a single likeable character except for saul

what an overrated piece of shit, my fucking god
>>
>>71187306
I liked Walt
>>
>>71187306
why do people judge stories based on how "likeable" characters in them are?

are you the kind of weirdos that have youtubers as best friends?
>>
>>71187306
It's true. That show has no likeable characters, but still compelled me to watch to the end.

Rick and Morty is another show with no likeable characters but is still pretty good.
>>
>>71185838
It was so great that I cannot remember it.
>>
Too bad Lydia died.
>>
>>71187306
That was the point

They were all assholes in one way or another
>>
>>71185118
I was so sure that image had Mad Men instead of Breaking Bad.
>>
>>71187684
Comments like these are why I'm slowly moving away from tv and moving on to literature

Dear god you fucking people have no idea how narrative works, even high schoolers that read fucking Catcher in the Rye knows how integral characters are to a narrative but nah go ahead and meme with
>AY LEMAO WELL WRITTEN CHARACTERS ARE LIKE U2BAHS

Fuck off
>>
>>71187787
Honestly can't remember any of the shows plot. Once it was over I immediately forgot all of it.
>>
>>71188066
>being this upset
You're the retard who thinks that how likeable a character was determins how good the plot was.
>>
>>71185118
I'll give you the finale, but the final season was mostly great. Certainly on par with the rest of the show, if you count both halves.
>>
>>71188124
>thinking plot matters
For a board that memes about kino a lot you sure don't know anything about art.

Plot is literally equivalent to fucking fan-service
>>
DARKNESS
IMPRISONING ME
ALL THAT I SEE
ABSOLUTE HORROR
>>
>>71185118

Yeah the nazis were a shitty final boss. I don't know how much better the DEA, Madrigal, or some other group would have been desu though.
>>
It should have ended with him alone in that hut with his barrel of money. Gilligan pussied out and tried to wrap everything up way too neatly, just like Weiner tried to do with Mad Men.

TV writers can't help themselves.
>>
>>71188066
>a well written character is a character I'd want to be friends with
Pretty you're the high schooler who just read Catcher in the Rye.
>>
>>71188752
I literally said that nowhere

A likable character is a well written character. I wouldn't want to be friends with the Joker, but the Joker is likable
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.