[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Battlestar Galactica
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: Battlestar-Galactica.jpg (489 KB, 2500x1667) Image search: [Google]
Battlestar-Galactica.jpg
489 KB, 2500x1667
Thoughts?
>>
Top 5 goat
>>
>best episode is 1x01
>everything downhill from there
>>
No thoughts, only regrets.
>>
One of the greatest scifi shows ever, save for that last season.
>>
>>71179184
perfect in every way, a wonderful portrait of reality, so say we all
>>
I enjoyed the Pegasus and New Caprica parts but it got pretty meh-into shit early into season 3. Can't tell if the show suffered from being restrained from its environment (always on the same few ships) or the writers strike, or just the writers/show runners losing passion. That's why despite the 'muh peaceful conquers' contrivance of New Caprica I still quite enjoyed the change. The cgi also turned to shit in later on but that's less of an issue.
>>
Ending felt very pretentious, but overall i would say it's solid piece of sci-fi.
>>
Christianity ruined the show
>>
One of my favorite shows. I didn't think the ending was that bad, or that the seasons declined in quality THAT much. I think people over emphasize this. Sure, season 1 is the best season, but it's still a great series. I should re-watch it.
>>
Can you name a woman on BSG that you would NOT have sex with?
>>
I liked the first season but I ended up dropping it in the second. It got too repetitive and I got annoyed with how long standing characters would suddenly turn into robots. It felt like the writers were just winging it and doing it for the sake of creating cheap drama.
>>
File: 1448755508799.jpg (48 KB, 592x592) Image search: [Google]
1448755508799.jpg
48 KB, 592x592
In my hot opinion, I think everything but the last season is probably one of, if not the, best sci-fi series to date.

Last season (and to an extent the last parts of the penultimate season) go full retard though and discard all the themes and meaning that had been built up to that point for an incredibly shitty ending.
>>
>>71181430

Pretty sure there was a rotund female magic negro in it.... an Oracle that President Blah Blah used to listen to about Kobol? I would not have hit that (the Oracle woman)

By the way, in it's own way, BSG was as bad as LOST, during season 3 it lost the sense of urgency that made it special and became just another turgid supernatural soap opera. With hindsight, the only reason we kept watching was the implied resolution of various mysteries, which were resolved in a very shit and unsatisfactory way.
>>
>>71181430
dont need other women as racetrack was my waifu
>>
Why does every TV show/movie feel the need to have some hamfisted biblical symbolism in it?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.