[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you guys think of this? Only real redeeming qualities
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: IDR.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1296) Image search: [Google]
IDR.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1296
What did you guys think of this?

Only real redeeming qualities were the QT-3.14 daughter who wasn't a bad actress either, and the CGI was pretty decent (especially in comparison to some other movies we've had this Summer)

I wasn't very impressed. Was all over the place, lots of silly stuff that didn't make a whole lot of sense.

So the Queen had a shield, and then that shield was destroyed in about thirty seconds but then her flesh withstood minutes upon minutes of the alien ships firing. The fuck was the point of having the shield at all?

And they're a hive now? With a queen? How come there wasn't a Queen last time? David says there might've been, but after they destroyed the ship last time the aliens kept fighting. This time the drill stops instantly, which also doesn't make sense because the ship then takes off and leaves Earth. Pretty damn awful script in all regards, really.

Also was the fucking stripper from the last movie in this one as a bloody surgeon for two minutes before dying? That's fucking hilarious.

Music was shit, too, which was disappointing. Loved the music in the last one.

I'd probably go a 2/10. Maybe 3 at a stretch.
>>
I thought it was fun.
If this was made by anyone but Memerich we'd actually have a decent sci-fi flick on our hands and god we haven't had those in a while except for Meme Trek maybe.

Yeah there's plotholes but overall the story is well-set and easy to follow, and I actually kinda like the anticlimactic final battle that goes down in scale instead of up.
6/10 worth a pirate
>>
>>71178395
>overall the story is well-set and easy to follow
Only because it is basically the story of the first one.

Anyway, OP, I agree that the daughter was good. Her scenes with the old president were actually really moving, in fact anything with him in was great. Rest of it fucking sucked though.
>>
Does will smith have a cameo?
>>
>>71180381

There's a couple of fireballs if that counts.
>>
>>71178395
the last decent sci-fi movie was Oblivion, Star Trek was a piece of shit
>>
I haven't seen this yet, but there's one thing I need to know.

Do the aliens resort to infantry in this one? If so, how? Do they use the same exoskeletons from the first movie and have them run around shooting guns? If so, how fucking retarded does it look?
>>
does it give hope for the new stargate trilogy?
>>
>>71180381
Only in two photographs.
He is killed off-screen in a test flight

>>71181265
I think The Martian was better than either.

>>71181484
Yes, they raid buildings with infantry. They use the same exoskeletons and they do use guns. It didn't look bad. Bit illogical, but the CGI was fine.

>>71181723
No.
>>
>>71181723
>just fuck my stargate shows up senpai
>>
>>71182230
The original movie was better than any of the series.
>>
>>71182004
Is that big thing from the Trailer the Queen?
>>
>>71184640
Yes, and she doesn't show up until the last fifteen minutes. Maybe twenty.
>>
The story is fucking original and has never been done before.
>20 years after alien invasion
>we have to rebuild earth using alien technology
>we know we won the battle but we are not alone
>now there's a second invasion
Seriously, it doesn't even need the Independence Day title, it's basically the sequel to every single alien invasion movie.
I haven't seen it yet, it will probably suck but at least the story is really original. If you say it's not, name another movie that has done it before.
>>
>>71184688
Too Bad.
I really hoped it would be troop transporter.

What's their excuse, that she left the ship?
>>
>>71184927
She leaves the ship in a smaller ship because a second alien race entirely unrelated from the first is trying to give the humans the secret to defeating them
>>
>>71185051
Sounds bretty interesting.

Is the second race visually more appealing?
>>
>>71185132
It's a sphere, with a radius the length of an adult man.

It's a white sphere. I'm not kidding.
>>
>>71185172
D-does it talk?
>>
>>71185248
Yep. In an American accent.
>>
wait the movie is out already?
>>
>>71185248
It says words in a spherical voice with an American accent
>>
>>71185356
Came out about 18 hours ago here (Australia).
>>
>>71185382
Where does it Come from?
Is it established, or an ex machina?
>>
>>71185490
Neither, really. A ship comes to Earth and is shot down by trigger-happy humans, and it turns out it's not the same guys as last time - it's another race warning humans that the bad guys are coming back.
>>
>>71185552
Heard it ends on a cliffhanger?
Does it?
>>
>>71185490
It comes from a ship that is shot down by Earth forces, and for some reason still likes humans enough to tell them about the impending invasion

Imagine being a human, shooting down a ship that meant no harm
We dindu nuffin
>>
>>71185608
No, not a cliffhanger, but it does end with massive sequel bait.
"We're taking the fight to them" sort of thing.
>>
>>71185670

Is finally clarified why the aliens are invading?
What's their endgame?
>>
>>71185739
It was said in the first one why they were invading. I can't remember the exact words but it was something like "they're like locusts, moving on from planet to planet, consuming all its resources before moving on, and we're next".

In this one they specify it and say that the resource they need is our planet's molten core.
You'd think it would be revenge, this time around, but the word isn't uttered once.
>>
>>71178274
Just another in the long line of shit nobody asked for.
>>
>>71185783
Yea, I remember them saying that
But the ayys never acted like they wanted Ressources, that's why I was confused
>>
>>71185783
Don't all planets have a molten core?
>>
>>71185909
Well, no. But certainly most, and they passed several even in our own solar system.

Oh, and the ship "has its own gravity" so as it settles over Earth it sucks everything up and then drops it. Then when it leaves no such phenomenon occurs. It's all very dumb.
>>
>>71185909
no
>>
>>71185909
Nope. Even our local solar system has planets with differing core types. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planetary_core
>>
File: chip.jpg (8 KB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
chip.jpg
8 KB, 320x180
>>71185783
>gimme your molten iron outer core yo
How they gunna get it? Do they have like unbreakable buckets or sumpthin'? What are they made of, like diamonds or really cold bits'a metal or sumpthin'?
Fucken flyin' cocksuckas, they can't even hold buckets in those faggoty fucken fingas
Forgetaboudid
>>
>>71184742
Well theres a good reason for cliches. Its fun to break them but as tvtroupes says cliches are there because they work. The whole alien invasion story is supposed to be about the unknown coming into your life and fucking you up, there's a whole drama about what do the aliens want, what are they, how can we win, etc.
In this they know the enemy and its just a matter of another war to defend the planet.
You can't beat the original fourth of july speech in the original indepence day by the president, because it was about humanity and america instead of being about the aliens. I haven't even seen this shit but I'm sure they forgot that point entirely.
>>
>>71185959
The movie is about aliens why does it need to make sense
>>
>>71178274
it wasn't like the first one was amazing either
>>
Regal theaters are showing both the original and the new movie back to back at 5pm EDT. I was thinking about going just because I never got to see the original during its theatrical run, but damn if I want to give Roland 20 bucks.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.