[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: recall and robocop2.jpg (273 KB, 1058x800) Image search: [Google]
recall and robocop2.jpg
273 KB, 1058x800
Throughout all this Ghostbusters remake hullabaloo, where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

I felt like I was the only one that was truly livid that two classic Verhoeven movies were being tainted with boorishly CGI driven imitators, and still haven't seen either out of protest.

Yet, people were okay with Total Recall (despite the charisma vacuum that is Colin Farrell) and people even LIKED the new Robocop despite it lacking any good satire (A parody of Fox News and Bill O'Reilly? Oh my god this has never been done before!) and a fun but at the same time, plausibly gritty looking future (ED-209's in Iraq lmao)

So truly, why does the new Ghostbusters get the hate? Why the backlash against reboots now?
>>
>>71178166
those movies were never ever getting new sequels

people still hoped for ghostbuster 3
>>
>>71178166
This thread again
>>
Honestly I didn't give a shit cause they weren't pushing an agenda unlike with this SJW numale Ghostbusters.
>>
Nobody fucking cared until feminists and numales turned it into a sexism thing. Hurrr you hate nu ghostbusters you're a muhsoggynist!!!

In all seriousness though, just fuck off.
>>
>>71178166
People not telling me I'm a misogynist for not wanting to see those movies might have something to do with the lack of backlash.
>>
>>71178166
What? At least on /tv/, lots of people trashed total remake.
>>
>>71178166
You must be new. The hate train was definitely there for theses two remakes. Fans were even so buttmad they made their own full length robocop remake.

http://www.ourrobocopremake.com/
>>
>>71178166

posting this weak-ass copypasta AGAIN....
>>
both those movies got backlash and hate
theres been hate against remakes and reboots for like 10-15 years now
also i'd say ghost busters is more of a cultural landmark than it is a film classic. its more of a time , place, and feel of a decade than any other shameless remake/reboot they've done recently

and the backlash is from them just shamelessly, without tact, raping the original for profit

the star wars reboot, it had tact, it brought back old cast members, it listened to what fans wanted, it used practical effects instead of CGI for the most part

like the whole reason the entire movie is going to flop is because of how shameless the actors are , calling everyone who is against the remake people who live with their moms and shit and acting like its misogyny and not their own arrogance. if they did that with star wars, star wars would have flopped
>>
In the case of total recall, it's based on a one shot movie from the 80's that's kinda outdated, so the remake attempt wasn't super offensive to most. Plus, nobody has total recall anywhere near the top of their favorite movies list, so nobody got butthurt. Similar situation with robocop, plus robocop with a gritty reboot isn't necessarily bad in concept. I mean, look a dredd vs judge dredd with sly.

The reason ghostbusters is getting shit is because people wanted a true sequel and this is a super shitty remake. Ghostbusters, unlike those other two movies, is a classic that doesn't need to be remade. It's like star wars 4-6, where they are movies that hold the test of time.
>>
>>71178166

>where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?

The hate was there, the difference is that there was no controversy because nobody really gave a serious shit about these remakes.

I mean loads of people hurled anti-Semitic shit all over the place about hollywood being run by money grubbing jews and what not, but there wasn't some massive campaign about how the hatred for these movies was fueled by anti-Semitism.

It's just that there is no large political movement active on campuses across America whose primary motivator is anti-semitism.
>>
Every time I see that robocop remake pic I think "Damn Cyclops has a sweet costume in the new X-Men... oh......"
>>
>>71178669
>The hate was there, the difference is that there was no controversy because nobody really gave a serious shit about these remakes.

This.

People shat all over those two movies here too. And just like with Ghostbusters, there were the occasional faggot that would defend them "Well, *I* liked it!"
>>
File: 2.jpg (53 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
53 KB, 500x465
>>71178166
It's the exact opposite OP, Total Recall was an okay but completely unnecessary reboot. It doesn't hold a candle to the original, but had it been titled something like "FUTURE MIND FUCKERY" everyone would have been okay with it...also Collin Farrell is a good actor so fuck you on that point.

But Robocop is probably one of the worst big budget movies I've seen. Not only did it completely miss the point of the original, it wasted the talents of several talented actors. Fuck Robocop.

Also, to answer your question, the reason people already hate Ghostbusters is because of these movies.
>>
Neither of the other movies gave people excuses to say mean shit about blacks and women.
>>
the totall recall remake was trash, blease fug off
>>
>>71178166
Both were awful movies. The testament of that is how quickly they were forgotten by everyone.
>>
>>71178166
>where was the hate train for the remakes of Robocop and Total Recall?
It was there, but these movies didn't have the "now for girls" card that nu-Ghostbusters have which meant that all discussion of this movie devolved into gender politics.
>>
>>71178166
Because there was no ready made defence force.
>Did you hear they are remaking Total Recall/Robocop

Ha, Hollywood are that starved of ideas?

>Yep, pretty pathetic.

as opposed to

>Did you hear they are remaking Ghostbusters with an all female cast?

Ha, Hollywood are that starved of ideas?

YOU MISOGYNIST! WHY DO YOU HATE WOMEN!?
>>
>>71178166

Those two movies did get some hate, but they weren't completely soulless remakes. What is hurting ghostbusters is the msgyony campaign and turning it into a political statement. It doesn't hurt that the horrible script was leaked and the bullying campaign by sony through the email leaks.
>>
>>71178166
Those producers made their quick buck, the actors kept straight faced in interviews and the movies did their walk of shame. Then they fucked off into the sunset, to be forgotten as the shitty cash grabs they were.

No one went to see those movies either, and very few people were happy they were made. The difference is that those movies didn't fight fire with fire. No one was labelled a misogynist or sexist for not going to see those movies or for disapproving of their creation. People weren't shamed into watching that shit.

Are we supposed to be ok with another shitty remake just because it's got women in it?
>>
STOP REPLYING TO COPYPASTA BAIT
>>
>>71178415
Agree, except your bit about Star Wars reboot.

It was mediocre at best, and the only reason it got a pass was because it pandered to the fans and the majority of modern film critics are Star Wars geeks.
>>
So who's making these threads ? Shitposters or shills ?

Great thread, senpai
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.