[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>no character growth >characters decide to change their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 1024x768
>no character growth
>characters decide to change their life then immediately revert back to their old ways.
>cgi mama soprano
>don't stop believing
Am I the only one who thinks this was massively overrated? After season 2 it was like watching breaking bad, but with no real arch.
>>
>>71178077
Arch? This isn't a show about masonry.
>>
>>71178077
stick to breaking bad kid
>>
>>71178122
Where's my arch, Paulie?
>>
>>71178152
Breaking bad was shit, and so was this.
>>
>>71178172
okay name your top 5 shows then
>>
>>71178122
>spelling errors

Keep acting like a fag.
>>
>no character growth
>characters decide to change their life then immediately revert back to their old ways.

It is and I agree with you, but I still enjoyed it a lot. Melfi/Tony convos and all the side psychology bullshit make me laugh and think.
>>
>>71178200
Deadwood
Band of brothers
The twilight zone
Boardwalk empire (season 1-3)
Eastbound and down
>>
>>71178077
>>71178248
>no character growth

What the fuck kinda critique is this? You don't change drastically in your life either. The fun part about Sopranos was getting to know the characters. None of them stayed the same at the end of the show as when you first saw them. Fucking plebs.
>>
>>71178336
Assholes don't change in their life. I've changed a shit load over the past few years. So many of the melfi convos were the same. He quits therapy wvery other episode. Take thos nostalgia goggles off...pleb.
>>
That was the whole point of the show fucktard. People don't change unless they really want to. It's probably also a comment on television shows as a whole.
>>
>characters decide to change their life then immediately revert back to their old ways

lots of real people do this though
>>
File: 3.jpg (112 KB, 295x340) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
112 KB, 295x340
>>71178249
i'll be sure to take your opinions into consideration
>>
>>71178077
>>71178172
>>71178248
The Sopranos is such an effective moron-filter. Go touch yourself on Gotham, Hawaii 5-O, Daredevil, Orange Is New Shit etc. Also, murder yourselves and your families.
>>
>>71178526
I'm not watching television to see real people. How does no one get this? If a shows not going anywhere, why watch it? I could just watch a fucking sitcom if i want to see people do the same bullshit every episode.
>>
>>71178595

What if I like Sopranos, Gotham, Daredevil, and OITNB?
>>
>>71178595
Another turd posts. Read the thread, dumbfuck.
>>
>>71178619
>I'm not watching television to see real people
>why watch it?
>I could just watch a fucking sitcom if i want to see people do the same bullshit every episode.

what
>>
>>71178641
Do you like them the same way?
>>
>>71178670
Thats a little bit personal, dont you think?
>>
>>71178077
>>no character growth
>>characters decide to change their life then immediately revert back to their old ways.

that's sort of the entire point of the show. people don't change

you are just along for the ride as people to continue to do what is natural them, whether it be bad shit or being complacent with bad shit or whatever
>>
File: G.O.A.T..jpg (42 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
G.O.A.T..jpg
42 KB, 620x387
Look, idiots, the "no real growth" gimmick was one of the pillars of The Sopranos. It was meant to be that way. Chase's POV on the world is that barely anyone can truly change. You are what you are. Is he right? I dunno, but it's his credo, and he made a TV series about it. One of the most important scenes in the show history is in the Finale with Tone, Carm and AJ during AJ's session with Tone hijacking the session and complaining about his childhood and his mother... I repeat - to AJ's THERAPIST! Literally the same Tony from the pilot episode, he learned nothing. Severely underrated scene, check it out, it basically ties the entire show together.
>>
>>71178733
>>71178516
This. It's like a classic tragedy playing out.
>>
>>71178154
You know who had an arch? Noah.
>>
>>71178077
>why wont these murderers grow as people?
>>
>>71178787
That's fine, for a sitcom. But saying it's a great show because the characters never changed (and basically did the same thing every episode) is moronic.
>>
>>71178885
>not understanding why people watch HBO shows.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.