[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this season kind of sucked, right? Seemed like they were going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10
File: Orange-is-the-New-Black.jpg (48 KB, 620x388) Image search: [Google]
Orange-is-the-New-Black.jpg
48 KB, 620x388
So this season kind of sucked, right? Seemed like they were going out of their way to create drama. Caputo was way too stupid, Healy and Lolly was ridiculous, the new guards were comic book villains, except for the one good guard who then ends up killing Poussey, the one "good" inmate just as her life is great, and then we're treated to an entire episode of Poussey's Life-Loving Adventure in flashbacks, and also Daya goes completely evil to end the season since her mommy isn't there to watch out for her. Plus holy shit, the plot contrivances it took for them to find out about the garden. I seriously think I might be done with this show.
>>
>>71177129
IF IT SUCKED WHY DID YOU WATCH 12 HOURS OF IT IN LESS THAN A WEEK
>>
>>71177147
I mean, I liked the other seasons. Come home from work, watch a few episodes, repeat. Also, this season didn't really fall off until the second half or so, and it wasn't until the last few episodes that I started to really find it loathsome.
>>
>>71177129
they didnt force you to watch this new season dumbass, last season was extremely shit so i decided to not watch this season you should of done the same
>>
Season 4 is a build up to five and also a reflection on current social issues.
>the black victim who is neither victim or demonised but instead left out in favour of the persons in the wrong
>Race wars happening because of SJW extremists who don't understand the world can't be equal
>sexualising and preying on women
>woc treated like shit

It was setup that poussey would die from the start, she fit all the criteria
>almost never wrong in a situation
>her arc was finished at this point (drinking addiction)
>she was kind
>loving
>she stood for what she believed in

She was the character that anyone could fix themselves onto because she was relatable and not as much of a mess as the other inmates.

I hate that they killed her off but it send a message that black lives are still treated lesser that white folk, she was left on the fucking ground and wasn't taken for 24 hours, nothing like that would happen if she was white. This season was alot better then last season. I really hope they don't keep pensituckey with the guard, season 5 should hopefully correct her action and dump that rapist
>
>>
It was certainly better than the last season.
>>
>>71177147
Not them, but I'm dead inside, I have no life and I'll watch just about anything I start all the way through. Although I did drop Weeds at the very end.
>>
>>71177352
>nothing like that would happen if she was white

I don't think it would happen to anyone period. It's too much to ask me to believe that any prison would allow anyone's dead body to lay on the floor of the CAFETERIA long enough to contaminate it. Just because they were black.

The show usually handles racism in a somewhat neutral, objective manner but this is ridiculous. And then we're supposed to feel bad for Watson when she is more upset about BLM than the fact that her friend died.
>>
>>71177422
>>71177234
Last season didn't have a lot going on, but I also didn't feel like it was going out of its way to make me feel bad. I feel like the writers sat in a board room and worked their way backward with [/spoiler]Poussey's death[/spoiler] to make it as dramatic as possible.

>How do we top V and Piper going all Breaking Bad?
>Shoot, I can't think of anything, let's kill one of the inmates.
>Okay, who?
>How about the nice girl who's trying to get her life together?
>Oh yeah, that'd be great. She can have everything working out with her girlfriend and be planning her life outside, that'll be totally heartwrenching.
>And since this season is about the new guards being the bad guys, it can be the one good guard that does it!
>And then the prison can have a ridiculous super late response time so everyone can be pissed about it for an entire episode!
>Man, we're evil geniuses.
>>
I hated that they had Bayley kill her. There were other guards who were truly evil. Why did they have to bring in the one 'good guy' to kill her? How can you acknowledge that there are truly evil people in power over vulnerable people, then when someone dies it's the good guy because accidents? It really cheapened the whole thing imo. They should have used her death as the vehicle for actual change instead of just gutting the best lesbian couple on the show. They were really cute and the dance scene in the 'time machine' truly felt like love.
>>
>>71177638
to realllly drive home the point that bayley didnt belong there.
>>
File: 23423565634.png (77 KB, 320x285) Image search: [Google]
23423565634.png
77 KB, 320x285
>>71177129
>only ONE Piper/Alex sex scene in the whole season
>they didn't even get naked

There needs to be at least 2 per episode
>>
File: 1433539430134.png (93 KB, 407x390) Image search: [Google]
1433539430134.png
93 KB, 407x390
>there are women and gays that browse /tv/
>>
>>71177352
cuck

>>71177638
Did you relate to the beta CO Bayley, anon? It's alright, I kind of did too.
>>
>>71177741

Women and fags at the reddit colony, makes perfect sense actually.
>>
File: OITNB nazi girls.png (907 KB, 863x494) Image search: [Google]
OITNB nazi girls.png
907 KB, 863x494
>>71177741
I'm a straight male and full on /pol/, but I enjoy the show. I really like that they even added some characters for me to root for this season
>>
>>71177874
>full on /pol/, but I enjoy the show. I really like that they even added some characters for me to root for

You believe Kohan the literal kike would place them into the show for any purpose other than to humiliate them and by proxy white nationalists?

Fucking retard.
>>
>>71177638
I thought their relationship was really cringey and forced, but most of the relationships seem that way to me, the writers insist on adding a sexual element when the interaction between any given two characters seems completely platonic in every other way. I don't want to have to do mental gymnastics to perceive the coupling as organic, but I guess there's more money to be made from tumblr cancer who wants all media to push political agendas instead of entertain people.

One or two couples in the show that were consistent, and had realistic drama like any other relationship would be okay but this show makes the prison look like a lesbian square dance and it's just blatant fanservice.
>>
File: 14323467.png (803 KB, 792x514) Image search: [Google]
14323467.png
803 KB, 792x514
>>71177899
Woah, just take it easy man. 2-3 years from now when the show is its final season and Europe is in ashes, the writers will realize their mistakes and the good guys will be written to win.
>>
>>71177129
This is Netflix's Oz. I dont agree with all the points of views of the writers but its a good show.
>>
>>71177943
>/pol/itical agendas
Holy shit, are you serious? It's prison, and people are people. Nobody thought there was an agenda when Oz had guys fucking each other.
>>
>>71177874
>female skinheads
I keep forgetting that bigotry isn't a female only thing. Really I just underestimate the amount of pull, and presence women have in these organizations, above all else I perceive women(in spite of knowing better) of lacking interest in hate groups.
>>
>>71177874
Yeah and they got put back inline like a good whitey should
>>
File: 1463221927706.jpg (127 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
1463221927706.jpg
127 KB, 1366x768
the fuck happened with my light, kind of funny woman prison sitcom?

Barely laughed this season, quite the contrary. Are they trying to become breaking bad?
>>
>>71178081
>Alex and Piper
Kicks the story off so the relationship exists just to drive the beginning of te plot. The way they meet seems awkward and forced but you eventually still feel like they "get" each other, except they have this love/hate thing going on too. Yet still Piper cheats on her fiance after being in prison for how long? Just because le you can't escape the power of womyn love. They throw this shit at us again with Lorna and Nicky except now there's the added element of them just being unstable broken people. Where is the romance? One or two conversations with someone you barely get along with isn't enough of a set up.
>Poussey and Soso
So, Soso does shit just to be cool. This is made blatantly obvious that if she is getting off on anything, it's fitting in. That's not hot, nor romantic. Yet Poussey is just like "Hm ok, that's cute I guess, this could end well if we just try." Because "We need the asian chick to be prison gay too"

All I know about Oz is that it's uncomfortable to watch but it's not trying to be romantic like this show does purely for the sake of representation.
>>
So who else thinks that Piscatella is secretly a bottom?
>>
>>71178339
Is the top the bigger one, or just the one with the bigger dick? Aren't there rules?
>>
>>71178407
It's just their preference
>>
>>71177943

I was with you up until the last few episodes. Granted, it may have been changed because leading up to the finale. Soso is very sheltered, and kind of a shitty person. But Poussey loves her, I think. the way she is sexually understanding, the tender way she puts up with someone who can be an actual attentionwhoring slut. But Poussey was able to put up with that, and when they were planning a future together, trying to make the best of a bad situation, and the way Poussey tries to set them up for a life outside of prison was very sweet to me. I think it all falls on Poussey as being one of the single strongest characters-- I'm wondering how they will cope next season without a single fucking likable character, especially with Nikki taking a backseat role, Pennsatucky forgiving that asshat, Lorna going fucking nutso again, and Lolly in psych.
>>
File: 553942_orig.jpg (55 KB, 342x443) Image search: [Google]
553942_orig.jpg
55 KB, 342x443
Best girls.
>>
File: Karl WTF.png (46 KB, 272x269) Image search: [Google]
Karl WTF.png
46 KB, 272x269
>>71178951
>best girls
>posts white women
>>
>>71178339
I'm a chubby chaser, so I was hoping at some point this season we'd see him railing that fat guard. Maybe next year.
>>
>>71179275
He totally wanted Luschek's dick. Hopefully we'll get a gay sex scene next season.
>>
>>71177741
Nigga, a good number of the waifufags here were women.
>>
>>71179349
I meant the really fat guard. The one that drove Bayley home.

Side note, Luschek's threesome was nnnaaassstyyy.
>>
So basically this is just Oz: Dyke Edition?
>>
>>71179275
>I'm a chubby chaser
Wanna go camping?
>>
>>71179415
At least it doesn't have pretentious scenes with black cripple talking armchair philosophy at the camera
>>
>>71179426
Lol sure. Yahoo/Skype?
>>
>>71179426
>>71179463
C-can I watch?
>>
>>71179463
FatVeteranLove69
>>
>>71179462
gotta admit I don't remember much about Oz other than the full frontal nudity
>>
File: mpv-shot0023.jpg (72 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0023.jpg
72 KB, 576x432
>>71179497
how about this?
>>
I liked Caputo this season. The way he tried to do the right thing despite being constantly taken down by MCC. And he got the succ
>>
For me it was better than 3, but not better than 2.

It started out strong, and ended strong but was weak in the middle. The show didn't seem to know where it was going, the tranny thing seemed to be alluded to but then just ended out of nowhere it didn't really develop into much. Diaz being a heel was going quite strong and then just stopped, she then became a face. The whole guard thing was building but it was not really executed until the final 2 episodes.

I enjoyed Caputo's development in this season though and I thought it was doing pretty good with the racism stuff, not forcing something SJW perspective until the final episode where they are chanting black lives matter which is out of context for the time.
>>
>>71180248
>the final episode where they are chanting black lives matter which is out of context for the time.
That's not SJW. They're just using some popular slogan, it's like with those redneck girls screaming Attica
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.