[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hellraiser was an overrated shit flick.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (42 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
42 KB, 1024x576
Hellraiser was an overrated shit flick.
>>
That's why I love it
>>
>>71169789
The uncommon take on villains, monsters and otherworldly settings is what makes it so interesting.

A ponderous bdsm troupe from hell rather than mindless evil baddies. Elevates it above the usual horror shtick any day.
>>
Barker's shit in general is over rated. It's all run of the mill disturbing horror.

Although I did like Jericho. That video game.
>>
File: image_4.jpg (5 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
5 KB, 184x184
>not liking gay bdsm horror
>>
>>71169789
2 and 3 are better
>>
wow, just like almost every "classic" horror film

don't get me wrong, they're mostly enjoyable, but very rarely are they "good". The original Halloween and the Thing might be the only ones to actually deserve its reputation.
>>
>>71172013
You should check undying desu senpai
>>
>>71172071
oh, and the Exorcist. Friedkin is a master.
>>
>>71169789
Meh, it's somewhat dated now but the idea of intelligent BDSM villains and a somewhat Lovecraftian world was pretty groundbreaking when it was first released almost 30 years ago
>>
File: Pin Man.png (170 KB, 313x344) Image search: [Google]
Pin Man.png
170 KB, 313x344
>>71169789

Tell me about Hellraiser, why does he wear the pins?
>>
>>71169789
i think it was like the 4th movie the one where you get the creation of the box in the early part of the movie and its in space at the end it was good

think it was hellraser bloodlines or some shit. i think it was the only one with a good budget for its time
>>
>>71173927

Doug Bradley was the best Pinhead.
>>
The book had some cool incest subtext too, on top of the BDSM, that makes it to the next level.
>>
>>71169789
it might not be fantastic, but its worth watching for the special effects/gore.
>>
>>71173927
Nobody cared who he was until he inserted the pins.
>>
>>71169789
The first one is a little overrated. The second one though is underrated.
>>
>>71173927
It's a form of acupuncture, but that probably brings pain instead of relief. Because he is addicted to pain.
>>
THE BAWKS
YOU OPENED IT
WE CAME
>>
PAIN HAS A FACE!
ALLOW ME TO SHOW IT TO YOU...GENTLEMEN.
>>
>>71174090
In the book his daughter was just a woman who wanted to bang. She was only the daughter in film
>>
>numerous Hellraiser threads over the past few days for whatever reason
>underageb& decides to watch it
>doesn't like it
>THIS MOVIES OVERRATED GUISE
>>
>>71169789
>Hellraiser
The first film was full of interesting ideas which were explored in varying degrees of success. That said, the film utterly failed to be "scary" and was instead merely "weird".
>>
>>71169789
>pinhead
>clearly nails
This has never sat right with me.
>>
>>71169789
I'd call it a pretty original work with a lot of love to details, but yeah it's not catering to the taste of viewers that much, is older than 5 years and isn't Marvel, so you're right it's overrated and shit.
>>
>>71169789
>WE WANT ZE MONEY LEBOWSKI
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.