[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 260x386) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 260x386
So this movie sucks right?
What's the overall opinion?

The cinematography and music was great though.

Any good theory's out there?
>>
>>71168590
Too deep for you m8

It's a great film with a unique concept
Expect this to be played for halloweens to come
>>
>>71168590
Its not great, but i would take this over generic slasher number 43000 any day easily.
People like you calming that horror movies that are even slightly ambitious are outright horrible is the reason that horror is an absolute joke of a genre.
For fucks sake the Conjuring is considered a modern masterpiece. If everybody who thought like you just shut up forever we might have had the godfather of horror films by now.
>>
>>71168590

It sucks
>>
>>71168590
Why don't you make your own opinion you fucking tool
>>
>>71171037
The Conjuring is objectively leagues above It Follows. The premise of It Follows is somewhat original, but that's all it has going for it. The music would be good if it was an 80s zombie movie, which it is not. It's supsensiful somewhat at first and has a couple clever bits but the characters are horrendous and it ultimately goes nowhere.
>>
I love it. But I always seem to love movies that plebs on imdb complain about being too slow or boring so maybe I like slow, boring movies where nothing happens.
>>
File: 1465789071921.jpg (34 KB, 362x412) Image search: [Google]
1465789071921.jpg
34 KB, 362x412
>>71168590
Last week my friends talked me into watching this with them instead of going out to see Conjuring 2.

>"It's scary without relying on jump scares!"

The experience was so underwhelming we ended up going to see Conjuring 2 anyway, which was actually way more satisfying.

Fucking meme/kino indie horror is absolutecancer and I blame /tv/ and reddit for pushing it as much as they did.
>>
>>71168590
Why not just throw some paint on the monster and call the cops lmao
>>
>>71168590
its bad
>>
>>71168590
lol I got tricked too. dont feel bad shit taste runs rampant here specially when shills fuel the fire like they did for that shit. what a piece of shit had to shut it off half way.
>>
>>71168590
It's so fucking aids. A bunch of 'muh no jump scares OG premise' hipsters jerking themselves off.
>>
>>71168590
That pool scene seemed very oddly directed. A lot of weird cuts and camera work.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>he thinks it was good
>>
Whats with all the It Follows threads lately? I've seen a few this week.
>>
>>71168590
> tfw /tv/ tricked me into watching this along with a bunch of friends
> tfw they now think my taste in movies sucks ass

I mean it was alright RIGHT UP to that scene on the beach where the invisible following monster thing decided to roughly pull the protagonists hair - while its formor victims got every fucking bone in their bodies shattered the split-second it touched them.
After that it became an absolute trainwreck. We turned it off when the kids started punching "the invisible man" with chairs and stuff, it was unbearable
>>
>>71173042
yeah. a bit disappointing.
>>
>>71171037
>slightly ambitious
This is claimed often in defense of this movie, but it is simply not true.

The "rules" of the monster are laid out in front of us very early on in the movie, leaving no room for speculation. Within the first few contacts with the monster, we learn what he's capable of:
>It follows physical laws.
>It's invisible to everyone not infected, but it still exists.
>It doesn't teleport.
>It doesn't run or lunge, only slow walking.

Given these, we don't expect any surprises out of him, which may be a good time to throw some on, or USE these rules to your advantage.

>Since it exists to everyone and has very primitive thinking, it can be trapped and given to police (something very rarely done in horror, a monster being subdued by the law and not beating its way out)

Gather all your friends (who already believe you) call police and
>trap it in a room
>throw paint on it
>get it stuck in a ditch
>lead it out into the public where it would cause instant panic in the town

Or come up with some convoluted plot where you try to electrocute it in a public indoor pool with all your parent's electronics. That's too stupid for an episode of Scooby Doo.

This movie deserves the hate it gets. The people that blindly hate it to look cool won't give you any reasons, but there are plenty. I won't go into the complete lack of likable characters. I want either a monster to cheer for, or a survivor to cheer for to survive. I don't want to hate everyone involved. Generic slutty teenagers, lame childhood friend, "handsome" surfer looking dude neighbor.

Hating this movie isn't going to produce more unique horror films. Don't Blink was unique, It Follows was common garbage.
>>
File: best girl.jpg (146 KB, 1024x426) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
146 KB, 1024x426
I wish best girl had more scenes (and outfits).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT8ukjq0u1o
>>
>>71168590
>cinematography was great

I don't usually notice it, but it was especially shit in this movie. I don't know what the fuck you're talking about.
>>
>>71168590
>So this movie sucks right?
>What's the overall opinion?
Learn to make your own opinions you fucking sheep.
>>
>>71168590
Yeah it sucked

Pacing issues
>>
>>71173403
Dude aren't you aware like 1 guy on /tv/ makes 70% of threads and posts? Literally do some research and you'll see the same threads and themes posted day by day. You'll see the same movie be discussed in multiple threads that all appear on the same day then none the next day etc.
>>
>>71168590

Its the best horror film since Sinister 1.

I enjoyed it alot actually.
>>
>>71174231

>everything is literal: the plebbening
>>
>>71171417

pretty good review right here might as well put this on rotten tomatoes. it starts out great and has some tense moments but falls apart big time
>>
It's not the best ever, but it's really good for the shit tier stuff that comes out as of late. Soundtrack and cinematography is spot on. I dunno. I liked it for what it was.
>>
>>71171417

>the conjuring is leages above it follows

Maybe if youre mentally challenged.

The conjuring is literally one of the worst things Ive ever seen. Across genre.
>>
>>71174231
the rules aren't laid out, the guy only tells us the rules he managed to work out. we think it only follows, but we see it waiting at one point on the top of her house at one point. nobody actually knows what it is and what it can do, that's why it's "scary".

and why poke holes in the logic. i mean after watching, it's fun to speculate how to best deal with it, but when you're watching can't you just enjoy the movie for trying to create the feeling you get when you're trapped in a nightmare?
>>
>>71175548

>camera pans over broken inflatable pool
>think nothing of it

>on second viewing
>IT BROKE THE POOL BECAUSE SHE COULD ESCAPE BY JUMPING FROM HER WINDOW INTO IT

The film has alot of great details. Sadly the "did I like it" crowd is too plebby to appreciate decent b-movie horror.
>>
>>71168590
Best horror movie in decades imho.
>>
>>71168590
I've been afraid to get food in my kitchen late at night because of that one scene
>>
>>71168590
for me it was one of the best horror movies I've seen if for the music and camerawork alone.
It also had legitimately disturbing or scary scenes, and it wasn't THAT dumb.
It's not the best thing since sliced bread, but a solid 7+/10, or even an 8/10 because it's surprisingly good for it's genre.

I mean at least it tries to be thought--provoking.
Of course if the kids applied logic to the handling of the monster they would get rid of it pretty much efortlessly.
>>
>>71176480
the stilty man was more spooky though
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.