[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Speaking to the French outlet Libération, Dillane, who is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 32
File: lol stannis fags BTFO.jpg (61 KB, 657x585) Image search: [Google]
lol stannis fags BTFO.jpg
61 KB, 657x585
>Speaking to the French outlet Libération, Dillane, who is doing press for his new UK/France crime drama The Tunnel, where he stars alongside Harry Potter alum Clémence Poésy, admits that he really didn’t enjoy the show very much.

>"I do not regret having done Game of Thrones, but I have nothing to say about it either. I understood neither the series nor its success when I was a part of it."

>Libération asked Dillane why he took the part if he didn’t understand the show. After a long silence, the actor replied that he did it “among other things, for the money

Stannisfags on suicide watch.

Also, Stannis is never coming back in the show. Deal with it.
>>
This is the main reason why I think Stannis is dead for good. He wouldn't be allowed to talk shit about the production if he was still on contract.
>>
I wouldn't be surprised if nobody from cast (except from Kit who read the books) knows what the hell is happening, the adaptation sucks shit

>Libération asked Dillane why he took the part if he didn’t understand the show
What a dumb fucking question to ask
>>
>>71168112

Fuck and he was paired with the only other actors who could actually act. Imagine if he had scenes with Maisie all the time
>>
>>71168247

>Not reading the books to an adaptation you are in to better understand your character

Even Mamoa read the books. Apparently he threw the book at a wall when he found out he died though
>>
>>71168112
Dropping Tunnel, screw this guy.
>>
>"Actor says he doesn’t watch the HBO fantasy series because it is too “brutal” and “hardcore” for his tastes"

Lol, Dillane is a pussy
>>
>>71168112
Well, considering most of his scenes involved listening to some crazed semen demon telling him to sacrifice his friends and family members, im not surprised.
>>
>>71168381

He's right though. Most of the violence is just for shock value
>>
>>71168381
>numale teenager thinks if you dont enjoy edgey bullshit youre a fag

go back to where you came from
>>
>so, Stephen, in the next scene 20 good men destroy your army's camp...
>>
>>71168112
>I understood neither the series nor its success when I was a part of it."
What's there to not understand? Is fantasy not his usual role?
>>
>>71168381
thats exactly why i dont like game of thrones, i agree with him
>>
>>71168112
Why anyone root for Stannis? He was literally the biggest retard on the show.
>>
>>71168112
>Stannis is never coming back
Thats just a meme right? No one actually thought he was alive right?

The writers LITERALLY had him burn his daughter alive, there is zero reason to believe his character wasn't done.
>>
>>71168112
D&D killed Stannis twice. His moral character was the first causality.
>>
>>71168112
>get killed off
>I NEVER LIKED THAT JOB I HAD FOR 4 YEARS ANYWAY!!!!

how pathetic
>>
>>71168529
In the book he is cool.
>>
>>71168529

Robb was the biggest retard
>>
>>71168651
I'd imagine that actually being in the show would make someone less invested rather than more. Now he doesn't have to stand around in the snow or stare at oversized chess boards anymore.
>>
>>71168693
Not really. He comes off as a huge dumbshit in all Jon's chapters, well at least he didn't burn his daughter for shits and giggles
>>
>>71168247
Finn Jones is a big fan of them and admitted that he didn't like what DnD did to Loras. Ian read them and pleaded for them not to kill off Barristan but DnD just mocked him.
>>
I don't think Stannis really enjoyed his life much either? Seems like a good fit.
>>
>>71168755
Fucking say that to my face you little bitch. Book Robb is literally the best character
>>
>>71168651
to be fair, those showrunners are capritious as fuck. like that readhead that got crossbowed isn't really in the books but all she had to do was approach them and they were all "don't worry bby we'll write a character for you"

they seem like the kind of guys that would kill off an important character because the actor was a bit critical of their work
>>
>>71168787
>comes off as a huge dumbshit
he's the only contender for the throne concerned about the giant army of monsters marching south and it looks like he's set up to trash whoever marches out of Winterfell to meet his army, which is backed up by mountain-men who are experts in dealing with winter.

>>71168982
Before the daughter-burning was there that much they fucked up about Stannis though? Aside from little things like an army's commander being at the absolute front of the line wearing less armor than the average grunt fighting with just a sword or what was probably the most noble act in the entire show being accompanied by evil music and ominous direction.
>>
>>71168919
>Book Robb is literally the best character
That's a weird way to spell book Jaime.
>>
>>71168381
I think he means it's gratuitous violence with no meaning or soul behind the characters.
>>
>>71168919

>Won every Battle
>Lost the war

Robb's a fag
>>
>>71168529
He is literally unironically the legitimate king of Westeros.
>>
>he's really dead

What a shitty death,
>>
>>71169355

This. He wanted the throne to set Westeros to rights. Even if you disagree with Stannis on what "Rights" is his intentions are noble. Compare that to fucking Dany who wants the throne for no other reason than that it's "hers"
>>
>>71168112
BASED
A
S
E
D
>>
>>71169392

At least he won't go out like this in the book
>>
>>71169075
I was just thinking about it, and book Jaime is the only major character who hasn't just become a more exaggerated version of himself when he was introduced.
>>
>>71168312
mamoa takes his job surprisingly seriously i remember watching the making of season 1 and he seemed very interested in his character and the world. Then recently he revealed he read a bunch of aquaman for the D.C movies. he's not a very good actor he has a linted range but i can at least give him props from putting effort into understanding his character and the greater context of the story.
>>
File: DABID.jpg (267 KB, 1181x853) Image search: [Google]
DABID.jpg
267 KB, 1181x853
>>71169560
book Jaime is one of the GOAT fantasy characters and his arc is something else
>>
File: mx3yo.jpg (58 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
mx3yo.jpg
58 KB, 600x338
>>71168112
>implying stannermen give a fuck about DABID
>>
but he got to touch qt melisandre;i would love HBO for giving me such an opportunity.
>>
File: 1464636689257.jpg (33 KB, 453x255) Image search: [Google]
1464636689257.jpg
33 KB, 453x255
>>71168112
>Dillane is such a method actor that he's pretending to dislike the show experience in order to make his epic re-entrance to the series in season 7/8 that much more surprising and genuinely unexpected
B A S E D
A
S
E
D
>>
D&D>Right, now Stannis is going to let the red bitch burn his daughter...

SD>>Do wot mate? Burn his daughter? He just gave a fookin' speech about how much she meant to him in the last fookin' episode, are you daft mate?

D&D>No, no, don't worry about it, it'll be great....

SD>>Fookin' hell....you bastards better be killing this character this episode, because I'm not coming back...
>>
JUST REMEMBER

The reason why Stannis dies offscreen is so you disgusting men wont hate Brienne for being a strong butch wymyn
>>
>>71169669
JUST REMEMBER

tits or gtfo
>>
File: 1344253842949.jpg (2 MB, 2405x1888) Image search: [Google]
1344253842949.jpg
2 MB, 2405x1888
>>71169058
There was everything with his brother. Stannis didn't really know about the method of Renly's death.

He's far less keen on Melisandre in the books, doesn't really buy into her shit but goes along with because he knows his wife and some of his followers believe and she has proved her magic is real or at least accomplishes something. In the show he comes off as being totally manipulated by her.

Also just some other stuff, like him burning followers of the 7 because they wouldn't convert or take down their idols. In the books he kills those people because they were plotting to betray, I think steal his daughter and deliver her to the Lannisters if I recall, but I'm fuzzy on the details of their plot to undermine him.
>>
>>71168112
what's some dillanecore lads?
>>
The show sucks. It completely misses the mark with his character. Just like it fucked up Robb Stark.
>>
File: For you, sweety.jpg (18 KB, 224x203) Image search: [Google]
For you, sweety.jpg
18 KB, 224x203
>>71169669
>you disgusting men

Feeling a bit bloated this week honeybun?
>>
>>71169714
yeah, hadn't thought of that in a while but it makes a lot of sense. Stannis really does seem to genuinely buy into her shit in the show while in the books it's clear she only gets to stick around as long as she's useful and doesn't stir up too much shit.

also that picutre looks animu but in a good way. Like if aSoIaF got an OVA adaption made around the same time as Lodoss War.
>>
>>71169644
oh shit son
fucking confirmed
>>
>>71169414
Mate, the Throne is just as Dany's as it is Stannis's.

Even moreso, considering that it shouldn't even be Stannis's from the Baratheon point of view, considering he was a deserter and traitor to Robert, keeping the truth about the incest hidden from him, and whatnot.
>>
>>71169829
ASOIAF should've been an anime instead. It would've been far more faithful in competent hands than a live-action show.
>>
>>71169098

The same can be said about most Shakespeare plays.

Titus Andronicus is the biggest offender, all edge no substance.
>>
>>71169058
>Before the daughter-burning was there that much they fucked up about Stannis though? Aside from little things like an army's commander being at the absolute front of the line wearing less armor than the average grunt fighting with just a sword or what was probably the most noble act in the entire show being accompanied by evil music and ominous direction.

They had him be unaware of the incest until Eddard discovers it and sends him a letter, absolving him of any blame in Robert's death and making his actions far less hypocritical.
>>
>>71168247
>the adaptation sucks shit

to be fair the books suck shit after the third one famalam

for all of its faults at least the show is streamlining it into something less fucking convoluted
>>
File: 1446867468101.gif (493 KB, 500x270) Image search: [Google]
1446867468101.gif
493 KB, 500x270
>>71169945
A Legend of the Galactic heroes type adaption would have been pretty great but I don't think either medium is inherently better at adaptions. It's more how much faith and respect the people adapting have for the original work. The problem with Game of Thrones is that D&D have gotten it into their heads that they're hot shit and can come up with a better story than GRRM in the breaks between seasons while GRRM has been sitting on this shit for decades. When they were following what was already there in season 1 with little touches of their own here and there it was great stuff.

>>71170024
Really? I don't remember that. What's the show's explanation for him suddenly packing up his shit and leaving then?

And I think I would have done the same thing in Stannis' place. Would you tell Robert that his his children were bastards fathered by his brother in law? You'd start a civil war for sure only you'd die right out the gate instead of fighting and where's the justice then?
>>
>>71168247
Cia has read all the books and sounded kinda down on the shit they have him do on the show.
>>
>>71168112
>3 months ago
>>
>>71169355
but his family is made up of rebels who unlawfully took it in the first place.
>>
>>71169618
Post more of these
>>
>>71170081
Jaime singe handily carried AFFC and Theon did the same for ADWD. Without them I wouldn't have finished them.
>>
>>71170111
>Really? I don't remember that. What's the show's explanation for him suddenly packing up his shit and leaving then?

They don't explain it, he simply does IIRC.

>And I think I would have done the same thing in Stannis' place. Would you tell Robert that his his children were bastards fathered by his brother in law? You'd start a civil war for sure only you'd die right out the gate instead of fighting and where's the justice then?

It would be the righteous, dutiful, and lawful thing to do. To conceal it the way Stannis did is downright high treason, and considering the fact that he presses his claim right after Robert's death (which dismisses the notion that he kept silent to avoid a civil war, or in the name of self-preservation), it's self-serving as fuck.
>>
>>71170081
>to be fair the books suck shit after the third one famalam

you don't know what you're talking about
>>
>>71170250
Yes, they do, anon.
>>
>>71170250
No they really do. First 3 books are good but then GRRM became a hack and it ballooned up.
>>
>>71168112
>implying HBO pays its actors well
>>
>>71170329
ADWD was great. Only AFFC is the bad one and really only bad if you there in 2005 and had to wait five years for a book that serves as the middle part of a story. It still has the best chapter with Jaime talking to Blackfish.
>>
>>71170435
ADWD was shit. Theon and Davos were the only good part. Dany,Jon, Tyrion were all horrible and like 75% of the book was filled with their chapters.
>>
>>71170551
ADWD redeemed Tyrion and made him actually human. Same for Dany. Without ADWD and Dany would've been a Mary Sue. Jon also had some moments. You're just bitter it's not all action and witty jokes.
>>
>>71170653
No it's just the fat man gave them 70% more material than they needed to develop that little and you seem to be getting book Tyrion confused with show Tyrion. Book Tyrion was never always just quips and wits. He was always Dark. The show white washed him so much it's not even funny.
>>
>>71168112
Why would anyone who likes Stannis even want him back? Just to see DnD continue to butcher his character. Fuck that. Here's hoping they kill of Jaime Lannister next so I don't have to watch the hacks fuck his character over more too.
>>
>>71169644
>normies can't see this is the truth
They're pathetic tbqh
>>
>>71168112
He did a great fucking job considering. This might explain why there are so many bad actors on the show; it must be conducive towards people with no passion for the work.
>>
>>71168181
>there are still people who think Stannis might not be decomposing right now
>>
>>71168256
I wonder if actors hate bad actors

Last episode, the first scene with Dany talking to Tyrion had Dany looking like she was on ambien. Her eyes looked drowsy until an explosion or something woke her up. You gotta wonder if the dwarf wanted to slap her shit.
>>
>>71170799
The show has a decent amount of good actors they just stopped caring at this point like Peter. Now the young actors are shit and Emilia is as well. Kit improved but he is still somewhat poor.
>>
>>71170738
I almost wouldn't doubt a red wedding 2.0 in the finale with either a LSH reveal or BwB attacking the Frey toast. Just to kill off Jaime. Hell maybe Jaime will kill Walder and hear about Cersei mad burning off the Sept and just stay in the North
>>
>>71169944

So? All Dany wants to do is bring death and instability to Westeros just so she can sit on a pointy chair
>>
>>71170859
>>71170859
>I wonder if actors hate bad actors

I imagine it would be like any other job. Everybody hates the incompetent guy. especially if they're making your work shit by association
>>
>>71170435
>great
It's ok, but it's clear that GRUM had absolutely no idea where the story was going after the first three books. If I had to guess, there are a bunch of characters important to the ending he has in mind that he hadn't worked out what to do with in the interim. I'm hoping that he isn't actually so retarded that he makes it up as he goes along like he says he does.
>>
>>71168247
>(except from Kit who read the books)
I find that difficult to believe, especially if no one else read them.
>>
Based dillane BTFO of redditors from GoT general.

Of course he didn't understand the appeal because he isn't a 20 something atheist from reddit who votes democrat.
>>
File: Drogo_1x01.jpg (342 KB, 1065x1600) Image search: [Google]
Drogo_1x01.jpg
342 KB, 1065x1600
>>71168312
considering jason momoa actually gave a good performance I'm willing to believe that. he was lucky his character died early on so he got out before shit really hit the fan.
>>
>>71170935
It's not what she wants to do, it's what she'll eventually end up doing. Destroying Westeros, and then saving it, of course.

Same is true with Stannis, who pretty much fucked over Westeros by ensuring that the Lannisters stayed in power when he murdered Renly, and thus sent the Tyrells into their arms.
>>
File: 7032022_apkhaleesi.jpg (57 KB, 976x549) Image search: [Google]
7032022_apkhaleesi.jpg
57 KB, 976x549
>>71170859
probably because she has the range of a wooden plank. they also probably had her speak more and more in other languages so you can't tell how shitty her line delivery is. either that or just standing around supposedly being badass.
>>
>>71170081
I completely agree. AFFC and ADWD are 2000 pages of GRRM shuffling his feet.
>>
>>71168919
fine with sending his men to die but wont marry to save a few of those men from dying

yep, seems good to me
>>
>>71168112
Yes, yes very good, op, very good

HOWEVER
>>
File: inanimate object.jpg (34 KB, 362x332) Image search: [Google]
inanimate object.jpg
34 KB, 362x332
>>71168112

Well, I guess there is no hope left.
>>
>>71169618

The stuff on the left is happening right now though so this is a pretty retarded picture.
>>
>>71171903
The picture is from the time of season 5.
>>
Not the topic but related:

I don't really watch GoT. Is Jon Snow not knowing anything just a meme in the show or is it some big plot point?
>>
>>71168112
Well I hope it helps him get more roles. He was awesome as Thomas Jefferson in the highly underrated John Adams series. I'd love to see him honestly play the role again for a full bio pic.
>>
>>71171988
Meme.
>>
>>71168381

Got isn't brutal, it's just empty tits and gore for shock to make up for horrible production and writing
>>
>>71171941
check
>>
>>71172028
>brutal
maybe he means the lore rape
>>
>>71169618
I enjoy the Jaime/Bronn friendship
>>
>>71171988
>Is Jon Snow not knowing anything just a meme in the show or is it some big plot point?
this is got we're talking about so both
>>
>>71168891
>>71170114

Need quotes backing these up.
>>
>>71171941

Well it obviously fucking is, but that doesn't make it less stupid to post it now that it's now longer true.
>>
>>71172238
Is it some sort of in-universe joke?
>>
>>71168919
>being a starkshit
Fuck off.
>>
>>71168476

I think he meant he didn't unrest and how such a piece of shit could be so popular. Guess he underestimated the power of normies and manchildren
>>
>>71169075

Patrician detected.
>>
>>71170859
That whole scene was completely detached from causality. Why would the masters instantly be available to parley when they were bombarding the city? How the fuck did that get set up? It's almost easier to think of Dany's arc as pure fantasy, or a dream or other surrealism.

In that context, I think the acting was fine.
>>
File: 1462890012004.png (1 MB, 1188x1386) Image search: [Google]
1462890012004.png
1 MB, 1188x1386
>>71170182
>>
File: 1456936706935.jpg (231 KB, 1464x888) Image search: [Google]
1456936706935.jpg
231 KB, 1464x888
>Showfags will never know the honor and glory of Robb Stark
>They'll always think he married because he was horny for some brown pussy

The show is a disaster.
>>
>>71172248
For CIA, this was the closest I could find, but he's still not trashing the show.
>You bring your little hints and inflections to it, though, you customize your delivery beyond the words.
>That’s the trick, isn’t it? To try and impose your view of the character. But [showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss] don’t tolerate messing around with words. If you want to make the most minute change, a word or phrasing, you have to put the request in well in advance because on the day of [filming] there’s not enough time. David and Dan are open to giving them what they don’t expect in the line read, or the tone. And they are open to discussion, but they’re not easily pushed.

If only their scripts were good enough to justify that kind of attitude we might have had a great show.
>>
>>71169734

John Adams
>>
>>71172292
His redhead wildling lover once told him he knows nothing and normies took it and made it into a meme
>>
File: 45345234535235.jpg (7 KB, 300x190) Image search: [Google]
45345234535235.jpg
7 KB, 300x190
>>71172406
>dual-wielding Arthur Dayne
It's like D&D actually asked an 8 year old what a badass knight does.
>>
>>71172500
Doesn't he get told he knows nothing several times?
>>
>>71172417
>The show is a disaster
Then fuck off of my thread m8
>>
>>71172274
You have no idea if that's actually what's going to happen. We've seen one instance of him settling a conflict peacefully, but there was no character change to go along with it yet. Regardless, the fact that he wasted so much time in Dorne instead of moving his character along still makes it a fair comparison.
>>
>>71172423

CIA is fucking wasted on his role. Its good that he's getting the exposure but the man has talent it pisses me off he barely can show it. Should have more Littlefinger Varys interactions
>>
>>71168112
What a fucking cunt
>>
>>71171043
But renly wouldn't have been a good king and would have thrown westeros into military anarchy at his death.
While it's questionable for the Lannisters, Stannis did the good of the realm opposing him
>>
>>71172544
I guess ??
Still not memeworthy.
The people who clung to that meme are the people who buy those shitty GoT potato dolls
>>
>>71168112

>literally no source
>>
>>71172643
Renly would have been an ok king. Better than Stannis desu.
>>
Stanniscucks on suicide watch. Couldn't have happened to a more cancerous fanbase.
>>
>>71168312
>>Not reading the books to an adaptation you are in to better understand your character

how would reading the books have helped him perform as the show version of stannis?
>>
>>71172831
Because the books describe the character better than D&D ever could. Ultimately it's an adaption of the books. Whenever I heard Dillane speak, I just felt that he simply didn't get Stannis' mannerisms. Reading the books would've probably helped Dillane.
>>
File: 1398360580931.jpg (25 KB, 288x288) Image search: [Google]
1398360580931.jpg
25 KB, 288x288
>>71172665
>Renly
>A good king
>Wanting a mincing homo king that literally couldn't even beat a shadow to lead Westeros against the army of Others marching toward it

Renly would probably put himself on the front lines wearing a helmet 2 times too big for his head and get killed instantly.
>>
File: 1460604443016.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1460604443016.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>>71172406

>Dawn is an ordinary longsword with a sun sticker on the pommel
>>
File: 1466261401444.jpg (83 KB, 730x1095) Image search: [Google]
1466261401444.jpg
83 KB, 730x1095
>>71172741
>Stannis
>worst fanbase
Danyfag redditor detected. You have to go back
>>
File: Renly.jpg (485 KB, 741x1000) Image search: [Google]
Renly.jpg
485 KB, 741x1000
>>71173128
Renly was a great swordsman. He was almost of Robert's stature and renowned in tourneys. The guy wasn't a fool. You're confusing fag show Renly with homosexual book Renly.

The story removed Renly same reason it removed Ned Stark. Those powers serve to stabilize the story due to their influence and character.
>>
>>71171146
Why did they even hire her?

Seriously, you could have pulled someone off the street and they would do as good a job as she is right now.
>>
>>71172417
>not loving talisa booty
>>
>>71168112

Stannis is just dealing with confused emotions
>>
>>71168112
based as always
>>
>>71172406
>forged from the heart of a fallen star

Yeah and I bet that part was literal too, right? Like a fucking star crashed into Westeros one day and they picked it up and made a sword out of it and gave it to this guy? Right? You fucking idiot.

Oh and lemme guess, there's giant dragons flying around and wizards riding on giant frost spiders beyond the wall?? Oh and there's 100 different gods and they're all real and they can bring people back from the dead?? Maybe there's little boys who can turn into animals and fly around too?

God you guys are fucking idiots. Not everything written is to be taken at face value.
>>
>>71173639
The fuck is this?
>>
>>71170800

Most notably book readers.

He wont die in the books. Makes no sense.

The tv show simply replaced Jon's story line with Stannis'.
>>
>>71173639
MOAR
>>
I don't believe he didn't understand it. I mean how fucking dumb can you be? I think he didn't understand his character but if you look back a thousand years ago our ancestors were doing shit that was on par with burning your own daughter cause the lord of light said so.
>>
>>71174962
I'm interpreting it as further evidence that D&D didn't really get Stannis.
>>
>>71168112
>Doesn't even like the show
>Still one of the best actors on the show.
Pick two (2)
>>
What is there to understand?

Epic LOTR style show based on a succesful series of books.

I haven't watched the show, but decided to give the latest ep a try because of how much praise it's getting, and I loved it.

Dillane must be a retard if he doesn't get this show.

Not to mention an asshole, you don't shit on your show like that.
>>
>>71168247
>What a dumb fucking question to ask

Why? It was guaranteed to produce an interesting answer.
>>
>>71173639
hot
>>
>>71174762
meteorite metal you dipshit.
>>
All the established good actors end up saying they only did the show for money and to work with their homies

Only the wooden people like Dany and Jon are into it
>>
>>71174962
>>71175756
to be fair he probably hasn't read the books, and a lot of actors don't watch their own shows. given the way game of thrones is shot, across multiple sets where the actors likely don't interact and they never see the whole picture it's fair he doesn't get it
>>
File: 1441702330581.jpg (221 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
1441702330581.jpg
221 KB, 1024x1024
>Actors don't even have to read the source material to really get their characters and the world they're supposed to be living in

Maybe it doesn't matter at all but I find those interviews with the stars absolutely disgusting. They're paid crazy amounts of money and they can't even bother doing the most basic shit.
>>
>>71171988
It's a meme in the books aswell.
>>
>>71169617
Kinda like how John Bernthal read up on a bunch of Punisher comics before playing him in Daredevil, and he was the best part of season 2.
>>
>>71168381
it's not that theres the violence thats the problem, it's the lack of context most of the time; look at the scene where the Hound just brutally murders some random guys who may well have had nothing to do with hanging brother Ray.

D&D have a childlike manner of writing violence. They think shock value and 'le anyone can die' is a good enough context for people dying violently every episode, rather than a good reason, like it's me or him, in which the violence makes sense, and can be as brutal as it needs to be.

So yeah, it's not the severity of the violence thats the problem, it's the context and tone that don't match it at all, that makes it feel completely unwarranted; finger in ass joke one moment, hammer through skull like its nothing the next moment
>>
>>71168312
>Apparently he threw the book at a wall when he found out he died though

Sounds like Autism to me
>>
>>71175879
>implying Jon is wooden
He was pretty shit in the early seasons, but he started getting good around S4 or 5 IMO. Dany is still meh though, and neither of them are Sand Snakes tier.
>>
>>71168913

>Speaking to the French outlet Libération, Stannis admits that he really didn’t enjoy the war very much.

>"I do not regret my claim, but I have nothing to say about it either. I understood neither the usurpers nor their success when I was a part of it."

>Libération asked Stannis why he took the part if he didn’t understand the conflict. After a long silence, the actor replied that he did it “among other things, for my duty"
>>
lol even the actors hate this shit underage garbage
>>
>>71168112
>Why did I take the job? It's a steady and sizable paycheck. 90% of my scenes were with one of the most beautiful women in the world and she would whip out her perfect tits on a daily basis.
>>
>>71177325
Sometimes all you need is a small sequence of words to understand that someone has absolutely zero self-insight whatsoever.
>>
File: 1464674443649.webm (1 MB, 1280x718) Image search: [Google]
1464674443649.webm
1 MB, 1280x718
>>71169644
>>
>>71169714
I dont know who half of these people are, who are the guys in the bull helmet? and the one with the dragon on his helmet beside him? who's the bald kid and the guy with him? who's the guy just above to the left of the mad king? (who has a wizard staff for some reason)
>>
>>71173297
>Renly was a great swordsman. He was almost of Robert's stature and renowned in tourneys.

[citation needed]: the post
>>
>>71177480

Renly never fought one day in his life, and didn't seems to appear in tourney, so yeah this post is bullshit
>>
>>71177558
>>71177480
He participates to the Hand's Tourney in AGoT.

He is defeated and the golden antlers on his helmet are broken, which causes the peasantry to jump at them. Renly restores to order by walking among them.

Have you even read the books?
>>
>>71168112
>Stannisfags on suicide watch.

>Didn't like his job.
>Did it anyway and better than many actors on the show.

Just like book Stannis.
>>
>didn't like it
>didn't get it
>didn't want to be there
>still gave a great performance l

BRAVO
>>
>>71172423
>(Dan and David like their scripts executed the way they wrote them, and with good reason)

Miguel Sapochnik in this interview: http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/19/game-thrones-battle-director

D&D are really inappropriately protective of their writing, which might partly explain why it has gotten so bad.
>>
Why would we be on suicide watch

No shit he didn't enjoy the show after they butchered his character to please the masses. And Kit reading the books is just embarrassing considering how bad he is at playing Jon
>>
>>71177736
>books
>canon

No one cares. It's all about the show.
>>
>>71177838
>Book Stannis
>doing his job

He abandoned his KIng and brother to his death, that's not exactly what I'd call "doing your job".
>>
>>71177736
>great swordsman, being compared to Robert
>defeated and gets bonked on the head
Umm
>>
that only makes his performance all the more impressive.
>>
>>71177978
No he didn't, he retreated to dragonstone because Jon Arryn was poisoned and since they were investigating the same thing he thought he was next

No one could save Robert from robert
>>
>>71170989
From the same article

>he's delighted by the rise of the troublemaker Jeremy Corbyn, of the socialist Bernie Sanders in the United States
>>
>>71178034
>he didn't even try telling Eddard or Renly

Nah, he simply didn't care after Robert named Ned the Hand over him.
>>
>posting a literally year old news
get a grip OP and fuck off with your clickb8 thread
>>
File: gettyimages-483578708.jpg (364 KB, 3000x2000) Image search: [Google]
gettyimages-483578708.jpg
364 KB, 3000x2000
>>71178039
BASED DILLANE. /pol/tards on suicide watch
>>
>>71172386
>It's almost easier to think of Dany's arc as pure fantasy, or a dream or other surrealism.

What clued you in? The lack of integrity concerning the show's themes and diegetic rules? The overused, childish, arrogant pseudo-feminist narrative? This applies to the entire show, not just Dany's arc.
>>
>doesn't understand the show
>hates his job
>one of the best performances, next to Alfie Allen and Charles dance

>kit Harrington whos read the books can neither act or portray his character properly
>Dany who must love the show because her entire career sits on it can't act for shit or portray her character
>>
File: Daenerys-Targaryen-Season-1.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Daenerys-Targaryen-Season-1.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1080
>>71171146
She looks like absolute shit now. She was a qt in season one, but those British genetics have finally caught up to her I guess.
>>
>>71168312
Poor guy
>>
>>71177994
Robert was never that good with a sword. He was the king of the hammer and Renly got knocked off by Sandor who then defeated Jaime to make it to the championship. Dude was part of the elite 8 that featured knights and lords from all over the relm.
>>
>>71176234
>reading through 10k pages of genre fiction trash
>>
>>71178156
>10k pages

It's like 6k
>>
File: 1463723441077.png (72 KB, 214x355) Image search: [Google]
1463723441077.png
72 KB, 214x355
>>71178108
>>
>>71168381
The battle of the bastards was pretty much over the top. Not that gore personally bothers me but it didn't serve much a purpose.
>>
>>71168381
>Actor says he doesn’t watch the HBO fantasy series because it is too “brutal” and “hardcore” for his tastes

He's not wrong.

It would be one thing if the violence or sex served a purpose, but it is often there solely to titillate the audience and to remind them that "this ain't yo granddaddy's lord of the rings". It's fucking pathetic.
>>
File: 1444564766968.jpg (50 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1444564766968.jpg
50 KB, 600x600
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek2O6bVAIQQ

Game of Thrones devs on suicide watch.
>>
>>71178156

He'd only have to read Stannis' parts. Considering that he's almost always seen through someone else's eyes, it would be easier to know what kind of impression you're meant to give on your audience.
>>
File: 647583.jpg (45 KB, 550x384) Image search: [Google]
647583.jpg
45 KB, 550x384
>>71168247

I'm all but convinced that the cast doesn't even want to do the show anymore. You can kind of tell. All the energy is sucked out of everything. They fall into three categories:

>They are gagging to go do other things by now

>They were book readers who are tired of watching the show piss on the source material

>Sophie Turner

They are try hard to act like they give a shit in interviews, but it's plain they don't
>>
File: 1430111709069.jpg (34 KB, 549x416) Image search: [Google]
1430111709069.jpg
34 KB, 549x416
>>71178614
Sophie Turner just want to go back to being a chavslag buttslut.
>>
>>71177387
He actual thoughts during the scene

>"Alright Steve, let's get this shitpile done with"

>:::draws sword:::

>"Oooh here comes big bad Stannis! Yep here I come, wa wa wa wa wa-ahh fuk it. this is stupid"
>>
>>71168381
Dillane's favorite movie is Stalker so it's not like he's adverse to "dark" movies, just the violence in Game of Thrones doesn't serve a purpose
>>
>>71178628
Do Sophie and Maisie even hang out anymore? I always figure that Maisie is trying to get serious about this acting thing while Sophie is just slaggin it
>>
>>71169617
>We'll never get a Conan 2 kino
>We'll never get a Howard and Lovecraft kino universe with Momoa as Conan and James Purefoy as Solomon Kane.
>>
>>71168459
jej
>>
>>71169945
>anime making anything great
Fuck no, it might have been more faithful but it would be unwatchable because anime is only suited to teenagers and autistic pedophiles
>>
>>71172274
>now that it's now longer true
The fuck are you talking about? Did you actually see the scene between him and Edmure?
>>
>>71178695
Which is funny because Sophie's getting starring roles in big budget Xmen movies while Maisie's playing side characters in Doctor Who.
>>
>>71178628

What's with the jokes on Sophie being a slag?
>>
>>71168112
Well, he's not wrong. The show for the better half of the time he was in it was shite.
>>
File: 1430251431905.jpg (40 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1430251431905.jpg
40 KB, 604x453
>>71178815
cause she's a slag
>>
File: im small council.png (220 KB, 279x423) Image search: [Google]
im small council.png
220 KB, 279x423
>>71168112

No shit, 99% actors have no fucking idea about the movie/tv show they're in, haven't you ever heard them be questioned by fans of the shows at panels?

the actors either refuse to answer or pass the question off to the one member of the panel who knows what the fuck they're talking about.
>>
>>71178108
>putting on weight
>genetics

American detected
>>
>>71177403
>Bull Helmet
Ser Gerold Hightower
>Dragon (actually a bat) Helmet
Ser Oswell Whent
Both Kingsguard at Tower of Joy
>Bald Kid and Guy with him
Egg and Dunk
They're from some spin off short stories
>Guy with staff (actually a bow)
Bryden Rivers aka Bloodraven aka The three eyed crow
>>
>>71168112
French being a pussy fag. So unexpected.
>>
>>71178836
*Pffffffft*

oopsie heehee
>>
>>71170889
alfie is great
>>
File: Tori Black.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Tori Black.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
>>71178547
Is that Tori Black as Arya Stark.
>>
>>71170250
>le GRRM is a good writer meme
>>
>>71179211
>niggerposting
>using Reddit memes
He's not the greatest but atleast he's above your level.
>>
>>71177142

Yeah but that scene had a point, that the Hound didn't care who was guilty or not, but that he was so mad he was going to kill anyone even associated with the ones he was after. The Hound is not a good guy, but he isn't a monster either. His idea of morality lies somewhere in the grey in-between and that scene was excellent at showcasing that.
>>
>>71170250
>>71170435
>>71179297
>>
>>71178665
Stalker is rated G
>>
>>71170250
actually they suck after the second
pacing goes to absolute shit and half the book is repetition

someone needs to release an abridged version of that shit. ASOS is as long as fucking War and Peace
>>
>>71178547
>When saying Tolkien doesn't do revenge stories he un-ironically shows the Ents attacking Orthanc out of revenge.

>Thinks Game of Thrones somehow has a pacifist spirit, even though it constantly shows that this is a useless self sacrifice and is an open invitation to sadism, and that martyrdom through pacifism only inspires more violence from those seeking to avenge you, or you are simply forgotten.
>>
Granting that D&D fucked up Stannis' character that still doesn't change the fact that GRRM indirectly confirmed that, aside from some small details, Stannis would effectively be doomed.
Which obviously begs the question, what the fuck was the point of his character in the grand scheme of things?
>>
>>71179346
>If this was Cormac Mccarthy it would be exactly the same but with no punctuation.
>and everyone would golf clap over his literary genius and the vivid prose.
>>
Don't actors normally dislike movies they're in and not understand the plot?

i mean most of them aren't good smart
>>
he's an acclaimed theatre actor and he said his favourite film is Stalker. why would he like GoT?
>>
>>71169669
JUST REMEMBE
If ladies don't take their tampons out they die of toxoplasmosis

DISGUSTING!
>>
>>71178730
And have you even read the fucking books? Because that's pretty much how it happened.
>>
>>71168112
Didn't he already say this before
>>
>>71178665

Das it i'm watching stalker tonight

Had it on my computer for a while but did not had the time to watch it in one setting (am a wagecuck need to sleep early)
>>
>>71178794

Yeah but sophie is an angel and maisie an horrible chav
Thread replies: 220
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.