[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Independence Day 2 discussion
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7
File: independence-day-resurgence.jpg (212 KB, 1500x751) Image search: [Google]
independence-day-resurgence.jpg
212 KB, 1500x751
I just got back from seeing pic related at the cinema and have some comments about it. Firstly, although I guess it works as a sequel and quick cash grab, it is very paint by the numbers and is a forgettable film. Other things:

>goes overboard with the cgi that looks bad even today
>too many characters and they all do very little
>old characters return for seemingly little reason beyond reminding people of the original - e.g. Judd Hirsch's character and the black stripper
>blatant pandering to a chinese audience (especially up until the aliens return)
>forced relationships between characters that barely interact - eg Jeff Goldblum's character kisses some woman at the end of the film with whom he might've shared a couple of lines at most
>unnecessary scene where Brent Spiner's character is implied to be gay
>ending which sets up a sequel

Anyone else here seen it yet?
>>
>>71167722
Not yet, but I planned to see it. Especially because of the ayylmaos
>>
>>71167800
I hope you like fully cgi ayylmaos then senpai
>>
>>71167929
What? No pls
>>
File: queen.jpg (34 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
queen.jpg
34 KB, 600x300
>>71168188
Sorry

They didn't seem to use many practical effects at all
>>
It was surprisingly better than I thought it would be. Loved the (spoiler) Alien queen. Would have preferred more use of animatronics. Predictable as hell tho. Looking forward for the continuation.
>>
>>71167722
>scientist starts explaining stuff
>"in English please."
>>
can you drop some more detailed spoilers?
>>
>>71168370
At least they cept the original design. They still look creepy especially the queen. That running scene trough the salt flats.
>>
yeah, it lacked of wow factor compare to the first one. In here, everything was so dull, too much characters and plot shoehorned without interesting payoff, horribly out of place "humour" and full of awkward editing. And I noticed every Roland Emmerich's disaster movie nowadays has this thing:
>people talking on the phone to reveal they were family or having some connection with other characters
>horribly out of place and shitty sense of humour
>long buildup
>giant visual spectacle
>an action scene involving a vehicle go through a narrow gap
>awkward editing, the scene always cut back and forth unnecessarily
>unnecessary characters introduced in the middle of the film
>stupid scene involving dog
wanna add more?

One thing I like is the world-building though
>>
>>71168546
Bill Pullman explodes and humanity will lead the resistance against the invading aliens in the sequel
>>
>>71167722
Was it fun though?
>>
Do we get to see more of the alien technology and culture?
>>
File: Independence-Day-Bill-Pullman.jpg (40 KB, 700x448) Image search: [Google]
Independence-Day-Bill-Pullman.jpg
40 KB, 700x448
>>71168682
The weird speech by Bill Pullman trying to have the same effect as the one in the original which starts out as a conversation that got louder

In fact his character was weirdly handled the entire film.
>>
>>71168737
Yes. A lot more.
>>
>>71168737
the alien technology didn't change a bit though
>>
>>71168370
its like a ps3 game so cute :3
>>
>>71168846
Ship with gravity pull, more effective weapons, stealth.
>>
>>71168682
>London and Paris weren't destroyed in the original
>stupid scenes with kids (and they somehow instantly travel from florida to nevada)
>the character with glasses who is completely pointless and hangs around the african guy constantly

>>71168846
They have more holograms - I think there's a line where they say none of the tech has changed other than the controls of the ships.
>>
>>71168964
I was almost expecting the black guy and the nerd guy to kiss in the end after everyone else did.
>>
>>71168794
yeah, that scene irked me a bit. it's like they want to recreate some motivational speech just like the first one. I believe William Fichtner's character and Will Smith's son character have their own speech scene too, which ended up meh.

>>71168964
>the character with glasses who is completely pointless and hangs around
fuck, now I just remember that boyfriend character in 2012. He died and none of the characters cared a bit lol.
>>
>>71168731
it is, if you can handle a lot of nonsense
>>
The first roar from the Alien queen was the exact same as on the motion activated supreme commander toys from the original movie. Pretty neat.
>>
>>71167722

>.25 cents have been deposited on your Marvel account

Fuck off, retard.
>>
>>71168689
How/why does he explode? Who else dies?
>>
>>71169148
desu I think 2012 might be the better movie

>>71168954
>The gravity stuff that only occurs as the ship arrives.
Also the way they are destroying the planet was kind of dumb but makes me wonder what will happen with this giant hole in the ocean

>>71169344
To save the world and blow up the alien ship. Black stripper from first movie (who somehow became a doctor) falls off a building.
>>
File: autism-intensifies.jpg (14 KB, 502x417) Image search: [Google]
autism-intensifies.jpg
14 KB, 502x417
>Joey King actually being that hot
since fucking when?
>>
>>71169483
So they orphan the little black kid from the first one? That's fucked up bru
>>
>>71169483

>Black stripper from first movie (who somehow became a doctor) falls off a building.

She literally says she was in med school in the first movie, you fucking retard.
>>
>>71168682
>yeah, it lacked of wow factor compare to the first one. In here, everything was so dull, too much characters and plot shoehorned without interesting payoff, horribly out of place "humour" and full of awkward editing.
How is that different from the first one?
>>
>>71169534
He even watches it happen in front of him

>>71169641
I thought that might've been the case, but it's been a long time since I watched the original
>>
File: ticket.png (773 KB, 756x567) Image search: [Google]
ticket.png
773 KB, 756x567
>>71169265
Here's your response
>>
is erff kill
>>
>>71169785

Doesn't take away the fact that you're a Marvel shill.
>>
>>71169265
>>71169807
Hi Roland
https://www.cinemablend.com/news/1526460/roland-emmerich-keeps-bashing-superhero-movies-rips-into-marvel-and-dc
>>
>>71167722
>Judd Hirsch's character

Hebie Kikeburger is back baby!
>>
File: just like you.gif (10 KB, 501x585) Image search: [Google]
just like you.gif
10 KB, 501x585
>>71169785
>$18.00 for some rehashed, agenda filled, shitty CGI-fest.....

Good, goyim.
>>
>>71169785
$18 holy shit!
>>
>>71169847

.25 cents have been deposited on your Marvel account
>>
>>71170046
>>71170124
Full price is $21, so I cheated them out of 3 potential dollars.
>>
File: 9T1kgIr.gif (2 MB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
9T1kgIr.gif
2 MB, 250x188
>>71169785
>Student : $18
>>
>>71167722
>unnecessary scene where Brent Spiner's character is implied to be gay

I thought his character died in the first movie. Didn't that captured alien do him in?
>>
>>71170209
You could of cheated them out of even more by torrenting it or going to putlocker.is you stupid underage fag
>>
>>71170209
Was it a 3d or imax theater or some shit? That seems pretty steep for a Jewywood film, anon.
>>
is there an indepth list of spoilers somewhere?

pls help
>>
>>71170324
No, that's the average ticket price here it's ~$14usd. 3D and what have you is even more expensive.
>>
>>71167722
Just started watching in gold class ad already blacked white woman
>>
>>71169847
>I felt that when I saw some of these Marvel movies or DC movies from Warners. I felt, 'Oh my God that looks familiar to me'. Why is Superman bashing so many buildings?' I was actually warned already by Steven Spielberg that this will happen. He said Independence Day will be the most imitated film of the next 20 years -- and he was right. Smart man.

The fucking ego on this guy.
>>
>>71170547

How is he wrong?

The final arc for all these comics movies are always "le big ebin final fight where the town gets destroyed with le buildings collapsing and explosions everywhere", all of them.
>>
>>71170547
Too bad he didn't imitate Independence Day more himself - would've been a better film
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pKR5C8O_g0

compare to David Arnold's work, this is a huge steaming pile of crap.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.